Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44379 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I imagine Gunner is glued to the Purdud-Squawkeye BB game. I'm waiting for Frannie to blow his stack. He's been animated... :coffee:
Hawks lost it on the 3 pt line & the defensive boards according to the box score.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds about right. Caught mainly the 1st half. They couldn't hit a 3 to save their souls & Purdue's big man was a load. Then I had to catch up on my Gunsmoke reruns! 😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kept it close 'til about midway through the 3rd qtr yday but then the dam broke. The blocked punt was the last straw for me. :pouty:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Once it was 14-3 it was over. I switched to something. Iowa doesn't have the offense to get into a shootout.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: They're Special Teams & Defense have scored a lot this season too & were the main reason for the came back, it was 21-9, to beat Nebraska.
« Last Edit: December 12/05/21, 09:43:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how bout dat......them gophers are rowing the boat to the Guaranteed Rate bowl on dec 28th against west virginia!!!!!  :azn: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yep and DB will be happy to know that Gopher men's BB is 7-0 after beating Mississippi St. on the road this afternoon. Much more entertaining than watching the Vikings choke, again! 🙄
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glad to hear the basketballers are doing well. I'm not a basketball guy on any level so I don't watch them. Would be fun to see them do well the year after lil Ricky left.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
how bout dat......them gophers are rowing the boat to the Guaranteed Rate bowl on dec 28th against west virginia!!!!!  :azn: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hawks get to play against Mark Stoop's team, Kentucky, on New Years Day. He, like both of his brothers, played for Hayden Fry.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/21, 08:29:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I see dat. Was hoping to watch Gopher women's volleyball. On ESPN+. Can't get it. Damn, & I love spandex too!  :hubba:

Me too....I've watched as many as I can. That Samedy is the best hitter in the country. Wow can she spike the ball. :happy1: :happy1:

Gophers Volleyball in the NCAA tournament playing Baylor today at 2:00 on ESPNU.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched a little of it yday & I see where 6 BIG 10 teams made the tournament! :cool:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers beat Baylor.....on to the Elite 8. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Anybody see the shot that Ron Harper Jr made to beat Purdue last night? :crazy: Almost 1/2 court, 1st time in school history that they beat a #1 ranked team at any sport.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dagnabbit I missed that along with IA getting trounced by IA St. :sleazy: Brockington must be an animal & Kalscheur started at one of the guard positions I see. The wife was watching the Vikings who came close to crapping their pants.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: I was watching the Vikes too. :scratch: One of Gopher men's teams MIGHT have a chance at beating the Hawks at something this year yet. :nerd:                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well maybe, if IA has a hockey team or something... :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hockey in Mn is a lot like wrestling in Ia IMO.
« Last Edit: December 12/10/21, 11:38:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gopher men's BB upsets mighty Michigan at Crisler Arena. Say what?!?!?  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen that yday so I had to check the boxscore. Not much difference, that I seen, except from the 3 pt line.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd forgotten they were playing when the Mrs. tuned it in while I was slaving away in the kitchen.Totally unexpected but an impressive win on the road over the bluebloods by a team of misfits.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When Ben Johnson was hired, I'd hoped The U would have tried harder to get a bigger "Named" coach.  But now I like the hire for 3 reasons.

Richard Pitino was the biggest named up-and-coming coach The U was willing to pay - AND who was also willing to come to the school.  Despite what Richard continued to say, does anyone really believe that he wasn't going to jump to the first blue-blood school that called if he could ever figure out how to turn the Gophers program around?   :confused:  (How'd that work our for Richard? :doah:)  I'm glad The U didn't go that route again.

After I heard Ben Johnson's first interviews, I was very impressed.  He doesn't have a track record as a winning head coach, but he struck me as an leader I would go to war with.  I'll bet that plays very well in living rooms when he is recruiting and I predict he will have continued success in recruiting home-grown talent as well as good out-state players.  He won't get 'em all, but he will do better that Richard.  :happy1:

I know it is a small sample size, but he has that team playing.  Health is the pivotal issue on a team without much depth, but if they stay healthy, I like their chances to be over-achievers this season.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Enjoyed your assessment Steve-O. Good friend of mine is a UNI alum/basketball fan so asked him about his thoughts. He was impressed with the guy, said he recruited very well for them as they had some good years with those players.

Be interesting to see if they have a letdown tonite at the Barn against Texas A&M-CC. They're 9-1 so not to be taken lightly coming off a big win on the road.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers on TV tonight at 9:15 against West Virginia in the GUARANTEED RATE BOWL in Phoenix. Game will be on ESPN. Will be a Midnight or later finish.
« Last Edit: December 12/28/21, 09:20:03 AM by KEN W »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Mighty West Virginia? Real feather in the hat of Mr. Elite.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of these bowls are....."Never heard of it." The only ones that count are the 2 playoff games on Friday. That's why I can't believe the NCAA is dragging their feet in expanding the playoffs for more teams. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'll watch the gophers and Mr. Elite!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and yea there are alot of them, but its extra cash for the schools and maybe helps recruiting????? :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
9:15 pm and that is Central time.  WTF!!  Won't get much for their advertising dollars during that game.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Most of these bowls are....."Never heard of it." The only ones that count are the 2 playoff games on Friday. That's why I can't believe the NCAA is dragging their feet in expanding the playoffs for more teams. :confused: :confused: :confused:

We were just talking about that this morning, making the major bowl games relevant again as part of a playoff system, rather than the subjective selection method being used now. Fine to have all these "also ran" bowl games but other than generate revenue and to a lesser extent, help recruiting potentially, not sure what the point is. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm guessing by the time they fly 1/2 the school to Arizona and put them up there isn't much left. Deduct the Big 10's share and Mr. Elites bogus bonus share.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to take a nap so I can stay up that late to watch the game.