Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44373 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to agree Ken & most of the country must think the same. Last line I seen was Alabama -13.5 & Geogia -6.5.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU and even Mississippi State can take Michigan down. Nothing against Michigan, those schools are just better.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :shocked: :shocked: da iowegain Hawkeyes are already behind.  :rolleyes: :shocked: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see dat. Sounds like their stud running back opted out.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see dat. Sounds like their stud running back opted out.
traitor. :confused: :doah: I really want them to win. Just gotta poke gunner a little. :nerd: :rotflmao:

Wanna see the big 10  do well in these bowl games. Only one that let us down was the stinker Michigan played  :confused: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well looks as though Penn St ain't doing so good either.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow what a wild game that Iowa game is. Penn state lost.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Interception! IA is toast as well... :embarrassed:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: Yea yeah just can't count on them iowegians fer nuttin.  :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wisconsin plays later today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: The 2 guys that played in Goodson's spot had 140 yds, so that wasn't the problem. It's hard to win with 3 Ints. :pouty: Sure was a  :crazy: game to watch though.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: Yea yeah just can't count on them iowegians fer nuttin.  :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wisconsin plays later today.

Bucky played on Dec. 30 :crazy: They beat AZ St. OH St. just starting. Glenn must've had too much eggnog... :tequila;
« Last Edit: January 01/01/22, 04:08:41 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: MGL side effects?  ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Utah-OH St. game is a track meet. Utes up 35-21 with under a minute in the 1st half... :scratch:

Wonder how Wisconsin is doing?   :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/22, 05:57:30 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: MGL side effects?  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
more like lack of!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Long term side effects? :doofus: :doah:                  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:           
« Last Edit: January 01/01/22, 06:11:11 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Utah-OH St. game is a track meet. Utes up 35-21 with under a minute in the 1st half... :scratch:

Wonder how Wisconsin is doing?   :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :confused: i think there winning!!!!!!!! :mooning:
« Last Edit: January 01/01/22, 06:39:16 PM by glenn57 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Wild game???? Rose Bowl tops them all. Ohio State and Utah just scored 5 touchdowns is just over 2 minutes. And they are only half way through the second quarter. 56 points and not half time yet. Ohio State just fumbled into the end zone on another long pass.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
tied at 38!!!!!!!! love watching games like these!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tied at 45 now!  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tied at 45 now!  :bonk:
not for long!!!!!!!! 12 seconds left and ohio st on about the 3 yard line!! buckeyes up by 3 9 seconds left.
« Last Edit: January 01/01/22, 07:52:24 PM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well that sucked. My Big 10 loyalty only runs so deep & stops w/OH St. Time that the OH St. & Michigan monopoly comes to an end.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Great game to watch if you don't care who wins. Those 2 last night weren't worth watching. Blowouts. I quit watching in the 3rd quarter. 1 more tonight....Sugar Bowl.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well that sucked. My Big 10 loyalty only runs so deep & stops w/OH St. Time that the OH St. & Michigan monopoly comes to an end.

Dotch I'm 66 years old and it's been the Big 2 vs the Little 8 for as long as I can remember.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It seems like they're still the only 2 schools in the BIG 10 that get any of the 4 & 5 star recruits every year. :pouty: The SEC seems like they get 80-90% of those, at least for football, every year. :crazy: :confused: :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/02/22, 09:23:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yep, Penn State & Nebraska were suppose to change things. All they brought is 2 more teams for the crappy bowls.

Now with being able to pay the kids the OSU & Michigan programs will get stronger and more dominate.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, it's been a conference dominated by OH St. & Michigan for a long time. I'm only a few years behind you db. Still remember being an OJ fan when OH St. upset USC in the '69 Rose Bowl. They've been dominant ever since. Watched Woody Hayes toss a clipboard onto the field at Memorial Stadium when I was a student at the U. Saw him punch the Clemson kid in the throat on TV too. He never apologized. What a shining example of sportsmanship and epitomizes a lot of the problems with college sports and sports in general.   

As many times as both Michigan, OH St. and to a lesser extent Michigan St. have been penalized for serious infractions by the NCAA, it seems like they pick up where they left off very quickly. Both The Big 10 and the NCAA like to play favorites and are capable of making bad situations disappear, along with a lot of help from the MSM. Follow the $. A few years ago, it looked like they had Michigan St. & Izzo dead to rights on a sex scandal cover up. There was even talk it would be his last year and he would step down. Then poof! Disappeared, all better, nothing ever happened. Ya right. I was once a bigger college sports fan than I am now. As you said, this allowing college players to be paid for their endorsements will only make matters worse.     

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Woody & Bo were both quite the role models for their players in their prime. :crazy: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watched Gophers sweep Mich St. in hockey over the weekend only to hear that LaFontaine was jumping to the pro's this a.m. effective immediately. Thought maybe he'd have to wait until the end of the season but oh well...

Gopher hoops has come back to earth after showing some moxy early on. Lost at IN yesterday after being ahead for a chunk of the game. Double teaming down low with no inside presence makes it tough against some of the bangers in the Big 10. Have still played better than I might've guessed. We could be watching Nebraska. Now that is a horrible excuse for a basketball team. Hoiberg has to be wondering what they slipped in his drink when he took that job. 
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 12:50:12 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched the Gophers lose a heartbreaker to Izzos bunch on the road Wednesday night. Too bad Curry got hurt in the final minute or the outcome could've easily been different. :doah: The Hawkeyes got a badly needed win over Indiana at home last night without their leading scorer doing much. His twin brother had a career game though & 23 TOs by the Hoosiers as well as 21-25 on FTs did the rest. :happy1: :cool:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, that Michigan St. game was a heartbreaker in more ways than one. Latest reports have Curry's injury as an ankle, not an Achille's as some were speculating. Listed day to day sounds like. I watched parts of the IA-IN game while I was slaving away cleaning up the aftermath in the kitchen. Frannie had a meltdown in the first half so got to see him get t'eed up. Always nice to see someone has picked up the slack left by stalwarts such as Bobby Knights, Judd Heathcoate and Gene Keady. Izzo does a good job of pissing and moaning but he never gets T'eed along with getting most of the calls and non-calls anyway. Ain't in the same league as Frannie. Gophers-IA tilt on Sunday. Hook up the dogs to the sled! :happy1: