Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44369 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Your got that right about Izzo, Dotch. :banghead: He gets all the breaks from the zebras & never gets a T :doah: when could easily get at least 1 every game I see. :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/15/22, 02:09:13 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
We always hear the same thing about Saban, Belichick, Coach K, ya know, the guys that win a lot.  :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm kind of fan of Belichick & Coach K though but you can add Calipari to that list too as far as I'm concerned. Seems as though the Izzone used up all there good luck, for this week anyway, against the Gophers as Northwestern put an L on 'em in the early BIG 10 game yday. :happy1: A big 2nd 1/2 by their center was a big reason for a rare road win against Izzo. :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm not a big basketball fan but didn't Michigan State stink early last year also and then play in the final four?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah & it's starting to look like that could happen again this year. :crazy: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: yesterday while youz guyz were enjoying the first football game....... :pouty: i was watching basketball on ESPN. #1 ranked Baylor was getting whipped by Oklahoma St. Bylor came back from 18 pts down to make it a very interesting game!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going there during the comercials too.  :scratch:  That's 2 loses in a row at home for #1 Baylor as Texas Tech beat 'em on Tuesday too.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw that they lost too, both Baylor & Mich. St. Gophers stand little chance today other than they're at home. With Curry going down, they're even shorter of warm bodies than they were. The grind of the Big 10 season will catch up to them if it hasn't already. Said all along they'll prolly ambush a few teams that overlook them but they're still a team made up of used and spare parts. And yes, coach Cal is a slime ball. Seeing KY get beat is a good thing.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/22, 01:10:28 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gophers and Iowa just started on Big Ten Channel.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I thought Curry might be able to go today.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope. No Curry & no Sutherlin = no chance. A couple others out too.. Think they had to have 7 scholarship athletes eligible to field a team by Big 10 rules & they had 7.  :doah: They've battled in the 2nd half apparently but they dug the hole too deep before the half.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/22, 02:45:19 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought I heard 'em say they had 8 today. Battle, Stephens, & the young center started makin shots after they went to the zone that really stopped our scoring. I even got a little nervous when they got it down to 3 pts. They couldn't quite get over the hump though before Keegan & McCaffrey made a couple big buckets. Murray had big block near the end too.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/22, 07:49:31 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Gopher Sports was saying 7 pre game. I didn't have time to check. Checking on a ewe thru 1st half & pulling a lamb at half. Game got ugly after that so tuned in the football @$$kicking instead. Then I saw the score & flipped back. Saw the best part of the game anyway.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to tip my hat to the new coach & the guys that did play yday as they got it a lot closer than I thought they would. The players never quit & the switch to the zone was big. Get 'em healthy & a little more depth before the BIG 10 tourney, you never know. :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Ben's done pretty well considering the disastrous hand he was dealt. They suited up 8 players yesterday and 7 of the 8 were scholarship athletes according to the U's own sports website. Two of their coaches were also out. They play hard, reminiscent of Clem's teams in that respect. Seeing Thompson add 8 points yesterday was indeed a pleasant surprise. The fear with him is he's not ready to play man to man, yet. When they played zone, it worked. Can't teach someone how to be 7' tall. IA should have something to say about what goes down in the Big 10. Their bench is deep enough and it looks wide open at this point. Any given night as they say. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a while back i either seen it on the toobe or read it somewhere, but whats the name of the gopher player thats up from a real little dinky town up somewhere noth of or by grand Miara?????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dis guy?  :scratch:

https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/will-ramberg/20072
:happy1: :happy1: yep dat guy!!!!!!!!!! thought it was a cool story going from up in da sticks down to da big city, big ten to play hoops!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see by Sunday's box score he got a few minutes in, a couple boards, an assist and a steal. Hope he can continue to contribute. They need all the help they can get.  :happy1: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Figurin out how to win on the road in the Big 10 isn't easy................ever. A couple games over .500 on the road will keep you in the runnin for the conference title almost every year.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watched the IA game last nite against Rutgers. Neither team could make a basket to save their souls. Took a dump in the 2nd half and the score remained the same when I came back!  :doah: IA kinda got jobbed on that last foul call in the waning seconds of the game allowing Rutgers to win it 48 - 46. If Frannie was ever justified to have a meltdown that was it but he kept his cool. They'd been letting them beat on each other all nite up to that point. That was a ticky-tack call in the overall scheme of things. 

Gopher game appears to be on yet for Saturday against Rutgers. Home game but guessing attendance may be off with the mask mandates, etc., etc. Starting year 3 of 15 days to flatten the curve... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/20/22, 12:21:02 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they were lettin play all game up until then. Both teams only shot ~  30% for the game. :doah: Hawks barely shot 50% on FT's & got beat on the boards by 11. :sad:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya my wife couldn't believe I kept watching it. Told her it was like a train wreck--I couldn't look away. Watched IA St.- TT some the nite before. They were down by 15 before I quit watching that one.  :sad: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Purdue/Indiana game last night was a good game too. Indiana held onto win with only a couple late FTs out of their big because he only played 11 minutes as he was in foul trouble. Purdue won all the stats except FTs, Hoosiers made 7 more & that was difference.
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 08:43:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was a good game, much better than the Gopher women's BB vs. IA. Semi-competitive in the 1st half but the wheels came off after that. 105 - 49 embarassment. Whalen better hope this next year's class pans out or her tenure may get cut short
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 12:27:29 PM by Dotch »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Right now Whalen supposedly has the 10th best group of seniors nationally committed for next year. All from Minnesota.

Just a side note.....Hopkins girls team is playing the number 1 ranked HS Girls team in the country from Washington DC at 4:00 today on ESPNU. The will play the number 2 ranked team from Texas tomorrow.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Terps beat Illinois handily & Michigan St/Wisconsin tip off shortly so the top spot in the BIG 10 is likely to change.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Terps beat Illinois handily & Michigan St/Wisconsin tip off shortly so the top spot in the BIG 10 is likely to change.
meh  :pouty: who cares! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :evil: ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some groceries to unload?  :evil: :moon: :mooning:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some groceries to unload?  :evil: :moon: :mooning:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: monday morning!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: