Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44359 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I gotta go back to the office & sign the guest book after lunch but maybe I can watch the Gophers online between interruptions. I plan on watching the Hawks. Told the ewes to put a cork in it until Saturday.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gophers played pretty well against Penn State a week ago. They were embarrassing against Ohio State a couple days ago. 40 points for a major college team is terrible.  Which team will show up today?   :confused: :confused: :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Another crap game. Getting to the point where these guys aren't worth watching.  :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some good D by Penn St today but the Gophers only had 1 in double figures & that won't cut it on the road in the BIG 10. :doah: Lost the rebounding battle pretty bad too. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big game for the Hawks 'bout ready to start, ESPN. I sure hope it's a better game than the last.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some good D by Penn St today but the Gophers only had 1 in double figures & that won't cut it on the road in the BIG 10. :doah: Lost the rebounding battle pretty bad too. :sad:

Yup, completely shut Curry down too. He had 22 pts. against them last Saturday. 1 today. Love to have a player like Harrar. Hopefully they can find a double double machine for next year. As far as surprised by today's outcome, nope. Disappointed? Always when they lose, but considering what this team is made up of and what they've been through, way better than I would've expected given the circumstances at the beginning of the season. No way did I expect a team in the Big Dance nor the NIT. Battle is a good forward. Thompson shows promise. Recruit well, have some luck in the transfer portal and this team is better for next year. At The Barn on Sat. then games every 4 days for the remainder of the season. Relative to the 4 games in 8 days schedule they've been on, that'll seem like a vacation. Now let's see how them Hawkeyes are doing... :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry gunner, might've jinxed 'em. Only got to watch the 2nd half. Saw the Hawks miss 3 dunks in that timeframe. :sad: Left 'em for dead then they made a furious comeback. Almost had 'em at the end. Misery loves company.  :huh: Next up, at OH St. on Saturday at 6 p.m. against the best paid team in the Big 10!  :coffee:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/22, 09:59:05 PM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hawks didn't shoot FT's very good either. They did do a good job on Dickinson but #14 had a big game,12-15, especially late. The 1 guard made 2-3 clutch 3's down the stretch too. :pouty:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough to win when you have 5 points 10 minutes into the game. 2 field goals by Willis. Never could get caught up again. :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers play NW at 3(BTN), Illni @ Mich St at 11(ESPN), & Iowa plays at OH St @ 1:30(Fox)1

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way to go Hawks! & at Columbus no less... :cheerleader:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, a great win :cool: especially after falling behind by 10 right out the chute. :bow: Got 'em in a bit of foul trouble, started to double & triple Liddell in the 2nd 1/2, & won the TO/REB battles too. Big 1st 1/2 from Keegan & brother had nice 2nd 1/2. Gophers didn't look like the same team that played Penn St. either. With Willis out they still have 4 in double figures.  :crazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great day. Ohio St. goes down against Frannie's Phenoms, IL knocks off Izzo at the Breslin Center and Ben's Boys pull off one at home. Sometimes it seems like they thrive on adversity. Willis was out sick and Curry was a game-time decision. Both of those guys looked sick the last game. At one point in the first half the Gophers were shooting 80% from beyond the arc. They matched up better with Northwestern than some teams. With no big ogre to contend with under the basket, they played almost even-steven for points in the paint and outrebounded them. Loewe did it all & Battle was more physical on the boards than I've seen him with 14 rebounds to go along with his 21 pts. That made a huge difference. Gophers get Bucky and our favorite puke on Wednesday nite, 8 p.m. at The Barn. I will be sticking pins in my Brad Davison doll in anticipation... :angel:

Gopher hockey won again tonite for the sweep, coming from behind at Penn St. where they've struggled to win. Playing for a 1st round bye in the Big 10 tournament.  :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/19/22, 08:06:31 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: damn Dotch, you need to find something to do other then lay around on the couch  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :moon: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: Yea I know better watch my mailbox. :confused: :Mail: :rotflmao: :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I missed the Hawkeye game. :sad: Had to move gates, panels, bales, & pails instead. Another set of twins at choretime. I need a TV out in the barn!  :huh:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Were those the same guys playing Northwestern that played Penn State 3 days ago???  :confused: :confused: :confused:   :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dunno if Davison just gave Dickinson a rap in the nuts on that screen but he went down like a house of cards... :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  Just tuned in & was wonderin the same thing. :scratch: The body part he was holdin was a bit high :doah: for the family jewels though.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe some 7 ft 300lber hasn't beat the living sh!t outta him yet. :confused: :doofus:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
What game are you talking about?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: With glenn  :doofus: you never know. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Wisc/Mich was the early 1 today, Rutgers/Purdue is going to start in about an hour & they're on FS1

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a pay extra channel on Direct TV. I don't get it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a pay extra channel on Direct TV. I don't get it.
:pouty: We have Paul Bunyan TV up here & it's a lot better than what we have down home which is Mediacom now. We did have DirectTV for quite a while down there but the rates kept going up for less & less & finally said see ya. :tut: At least with Mediacom we get some more local channels & the Wi-Fi is better, cheaper too.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My buddy in Bemidji has that Gunner. Likes it.

Geez, I go outside for a couple hours to slave away & miss all the good stuff. The Bucky-Michigan game reminded me of a hockey game at times when I was watching it and at the end a fight breaks out, led by Michigan's head fred, Juwan Howard!  :scratch:  :doah:

https://twitter.com/GopherHole/status/1495488772053422083?t=viqZ-bdB8Yte0b8quMSYhg&s=03

This oughta be fun to watch sort itself out...

« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 04:46:17 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, it's been quite a while since I watched knuckle drag, I should tune in more!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, it's been quite a while since I watched knuckle drag, I should tune in more!  :happy1:
or you could tune in wrastlin?🤭 :rotflmao: besides they got some hot  :hubba: looking babes too!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 There's that seks thing again... :confused:  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 06:47:46 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's that seks thing again... :confused:
:sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: hey I still have a healthy heartbeat.

And based on emails I get from you, I'd bet your not sitting in the first rows at a church either. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? mikey & I are just concerned about yer heart health... :rotflmao:

The altercation may have some implications on Bucky's Wed. nite game with the Gophers. There were some WI players who mixed it up pretty good after Howard threw the punch, some of them throwing punches themselves & escalating the situation rather than backing off. Gard is a douchebag, claiming he called the timeout with 15 seconds left to keep his subs from getting munched trying to get the ball in. They're subs! Let 'em get munched. That's how they learn, by making mistakes and looking at film to correct them.  :doah:

Howard is equally as big a douchebag after listening to his postgame press conference interview. Took no responsibility for his actions. Was just waiting for him to play the race card. If you want to express your displeasure, fine, then move along. Instead, he chose to keep jacking his jaws and didn't let it drop. IMO, both coaches should get suspended along with several of the players & assistant coaches who appeared to lose control.
« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 07:23:45 PM by Dotch »