Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44390 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
How Gophers looking in basketball? Decent seed or are they a NIT team again?
if i heard this right, the m mens team is golfing and womens team is in the NIT!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Interesting. I thought I read here or on IDO that they blazed through the pre-season with this new coach. Maybe it wasn't the old coach but a lack of talent?

Oh well, maybe they will get good someday.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They did do well in the pre-season and snuck up on Michigan at Crisler Arena early on making some think they might be better than anticipated. Also, as anticipated, the grind of the Big 10 season with only one guy of any significance (Sutherlin) coming off the bench took its toll. To win 4 Big 10 games was on the upper end of where some of us diehard Gopher fans thought they'd be. To think they'd make the NIT at the start of the season was pie in the sky. By the same token, this team battled and they were still in all but 2 or 3 of their Big 10 games well into the 2nd half, coming close to pulling off upsets in several of them. As we were talking here a little bit ago, that doesn't say much for teams in the Big 10 being dominant as evidenced by the 1st round of the NCAA tournament so far. Regardless, Minnesota was not a good basketball team. 

If they had kept Pitino around another year, I could've lived with it. He won the NIT in 2014 with Tubby's guys and was Big 10 coach of the year in 2017. But, it looked like he was going nowhere after 8 seasons, only winning 6 Big 10 games in his last season and none on the road. This transfer portal thing has put a whole new dynamic on the college game, one I personally don't care for as it sends the wrong message. If you make a commitment, you don't have to honor it if you decide to change your mind or someone helps change it for you. Screw the team, it's all about me. Unfortunately, it's a reality that teams and fans have to adapt to. Who can play it best will determine a large part of the success of any team. Hopefully Ben plays it well as he'll need to. Otherwise, we'll keep battling with Nebraska for basements rights.     
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 11:40:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gophers women beat Green Bay in NIT.....73-65
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw that & still can't believe they got invited.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Between the NCAA's & NIT you have to be really, really, really, really bad not to be invited to a post season tourney.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
#1 seed and defending national champs Baylor got beat by Duke!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think you mean UNC. Duke plays Michigan St. tomorrow. Don't confuse me...:scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yea. I was checking to see if you were on the ball!!!😂😂😂

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this should work out just right!!!!!!!!! watch Laura  :hubba: :hubba: :wowza: on Minnesota Bound at 6;30, then gophers hockey at 7 on big10 network!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way Dutchy, they said it's a sell out crowd!!👍 :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yer mean... :evil:
:happy1: gotta get my shots in when I can!! I'm usually target practice most days. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Thanks, good to know I won't be missed.  It's Michigan so I guess i'll watch the Joel McCrea cowboy movie.   :coffee:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh the tall one on 364?
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Thanks, good to know I won't be missed.  It's Michigan so I guess i'll watch the Joel McCrea cowboy movie.   :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:gophers scored 32 seconds in but it's been Michigan since  :pouty: currently 4-1 but the refs suck!! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/19/22, 08:45:56 PM by glenn57 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I tuned in during commercials. The kid from Sweden (goalie) dominated the Gophers from what I saw.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I tuned in during commercials. The kid from Sweden (goalie) dominated the Gophers from what I saw.
yep he was pretty darn good. the announcers kept saying to beat him the gophers had to get close and redirect the puck.........they did make it close at 4-3 but to little to late. gophers scored 2 goals with like 1 1/2 minutes remaining!!!!

both teams should still go to the big tourney though!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Normally, I'm a BIG 10 guy but ..........................it didn't bother me 1 bit to see the Cyclones & ex- gopher  Kalscheur beat Bucky & BD34 at their own game. A lot of players hitting the floor in this 1 & Dotch's buddy might have led the field. Most of the time it wasn't on his terms either. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw that! My pal got at least 1 flop call that I saw & should've been called for kicking his leg out on one 3 ball attempt. Happy for IA St. after a rough season last year. Hopefully the Gophers follow suit next year.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/22, 06:23:41 PM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forgot my personal fave tho was when the little dipstick Davison jumped on Conditt, then flew into him again and stepped on his ankle tripping him. Somehow Conditt got called for a moving screen outta the deal! WTH?!?!?! :doah: Watching Conditt's right ankle on the replay made me wince. Could've easily have sprained it or worse. Twitter was full of folks today hoping Davison goes on to play at the next level, then pulls that crap on the wrong guy. Lotsa people would pay to watch the Grayson Allen of the Big 10 get his comeuppance.  :popcorn:

https://t.co/9vBSpJg6FN

Here are some of the players in the portal the Gophers may have interest in:

https://gopherhole.com/gophers-offseason-update-a-look-into-the-transfer-portal/
« Last Edit: March 03/21/22, 06:28:24 PM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With glenn & I cheering them on, the Gopher men's hockey team comes from behind & beats U Mass 4-3 in OT!!!! Oh ye of little faith db... :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I wouldn't say I have little faith......well maybe, but maybe not, I'm not sure.  :sleazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like most MN teams won, to bad St. Cloud didn't advance.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gopher men's hockey plays Western MI tomorrow afternoon at 3 p.m. on ESPN 2.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will try to tune into that. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With glenn & I cheering them on, the Gopher men's hockey team comes from behind & beats U Mass 4-3 in OT!!!! Oh ye of little faith db... :rotflmao:
I'm bettin glenn wasn't watchin that up here.  :scratch: It wasn't on antenna TV was it? :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He was watching at one of his girlfriend's in Inger, from a reliable source... :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Hey Dotch, how'd that coach for Arkansas ever get out of the state without at least a short stint with the Gophers?  :crazy: :rolleyes: :bonk: :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He was on a lot of wish lists along with Brian Dutcher but don't recall they interviewed him or that he was ever interested. Can't blame him either way. He had a program built there. Here the cupboards were bare. Pretty sure too even prior to that, his dad, Bill had left the U amidst some serious violations not to mention the Ohio St. brawl. Some of the gutless, touchy-feely, warm fuzzy-types in charge at the U probably didn't want to reassociate themselves with all that.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/22, 08:16:05 AM by Dotch »