Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44383 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Every indication is he'll be eligible due to a hardship situation for "family medical issues". Of course this is the NCAA we're talking about but with this wide open portal thing they've got going, I'd be surprised if he sat a year. As far as years of eligibility, should be two years minimum, provided he doesn't decide to go pro after one season. Some of the articles I saw stated he's the highest rated recruit (4 star McDonald's All American) since one and done Kris Humphries. 6'11" Garcia was lighting it up at NC before his concussion and leaving the team. Garcia, Battle & Fox in the front court? Me like! Now we need to find an experienced point guard who'd enjoy feeding those guys the ball. Add a quick shooting guard or two for good measure who'd like taking an outlet pass to the hole after a rebound by those 3. Still a bunch of guys looking at MN yet and that pick up certainly didn't hurt matters.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/22, 06:47:24 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Ben Johnson landed a potential immediate impact point guard with Morehead State transfer Ta'Lon Cooper, who committed to the Gophers on Wednesday.

The 6-4, 190-pound South Carolina native averaged 9.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, and ranked seventh in Division I with 5.9 assists per game. The All-Ohio Valley Conference first team selection had four games with double figures in assists and his 202 assists led the OVC and ranked second in team history.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :crazy:maybe the gophers can pick up coach K's grandson too!!! :confused: he's transferring from Duke now!!! :pouty: :doofus: :thumbs:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping maybe Brad Davison would scrape up another year of eligibility and enter the transfer portal so he could play here. Oh yeah, April Fool's Day was 3 weeks ago. Silly me!  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping maybe Brad Davison would scrape up another year of eligibility and enter the transfer portal so he could play here. Oh yeah, April Fool's Day was 3 weeks ago. Silly me!  :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bad news, already. Parker Fox injures his other knee & is out for the '22 - '23 season...:doah: Ihnen his likely replacement. Hope his year off helped his scoring.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Volleyball? Lacrosse? Track & field?   :confused:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Volleyball? Lacrosse? Track & field?   :confused:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: hoops!!🤣 Pay attention dutchy!!🤭

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Men or women's?

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Men's....potential starting guard.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
6' 8" potential starting forward actually. Eric Curry got hurt during summer practices too. He never got back to the potential he showed as a freshman. Was looking forward to seeing Battle & Fox playing in the same front court. MN sports... :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: June 06/23/22, 05:41:01 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: anyone else see or read where USC and UCLA left the pac-12 and joined the big 10 conference???

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Old news Glenn. I think they start in 2024.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I just read about it on the internet!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:doofus:               ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Been out for a week or so. All about money. Big Ten now has coverage in second largest market in Los Angeles. Now they just need to get Notre Dame and the Chicago market.