Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I need to spend more time here  (Read 2283 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A couple days ago I went to the land to pickup some wood stored by my shed. This is my old deer camp location but I haven't spent much time there since I bought the land with the cabin 5 years ago. Last fall we completed the road in this way and since then I have been driving in past the old campsite. I took a few photos just to remind myself that this was and still is a great camp site. 

Part of new road that takes me past the shed.  Great view to the east

Looking west again a great view of the long narrow field

This summer I planted a variety of plants for a food plot.  Deer pretty much keep it in check. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet that shed served as a nice warm ground blind on many occassons eh?nice setup D.E.thanx for sharing.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's used quite a bit for turkey hunting but not so much for deer hunting.  I built it in 2013 with the thought that we may use it for a cabin but in 2014 I bought a 31 foot travel trailer and we stayed in it for bow hunting that year and the following.  I bought the land with the cabin in 2016 and have stayed in it since then. Now it's just used for storage.  My brother in law stays in the old camper next to the shed so it gets used that way. It's about 1/2 mile from my cabin and I go past it on the way in and often stop to drop off or pickup stuff. In retrospect building it is probably not the best decision I've made but at the time I had no inkling that I would purchase some adjacent land with a cabin.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***