Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Save the earth first!  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I totally agree with him.....if it IS even saveable. I feel we've done so much extreme damage already, that just snowballs into worse issues, we may be past the point  of no return in the near future.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/business/prince-william-space-tourism-intl-scli/index.html

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yip i can agree with that. And fixing human issues as well.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Y'all have heard of Robert Ballard.  He's the guy that found the Titanic and just about every other important sunken object in the ocean.

His contention is that instead of space research, we ought to be studying the deep oceans.  We know virtually nothing about them, and what happens there has a much bigger impact on our planet than a crew of humans flying to Mars and back.

The fact is, we probably have the global resources to do both.

The problem is, everyone is paying attention to the shiny, sexy space stuff and not enough folks are worried about the things that makes a difference.

Same goes for cutting down the rain forests.

Same goes for China's CO2 emissions:  BBC Report: China emissions exceed all developed nations combined7

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Can't complain about Chinas co2 emissions. We saved 17 cents on the last widget we bought that they made. Never mind that 17 cents will cost us $5 down the road. Not to mention the lost jobs which = lost taxes here at home. Keep buying foreign it helps everyone except the United States.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yip i can agree with that. And fixing human issues as well.

2nd that :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Y'all have heard of Robert Ballard.  He's the guy that found the Titanic and just about every other important sunken object in the ocean.

His contention is that instead of space research, we ought to be studying the deep oceans.  We know virtually nothing about them, and what happens there has a much bigger impact on our planet than a crew of humans flying to Mars and back.

The fact is, we probably have the global resources to do both.

The problem is, everyone is paying attention to the shiny, sexy space stuff and not enough folks are worried about the things that makes a difference.

Same goes for cutting down the rain forests.

Same goes for China's CO2 emissions:  BBC Report: China emissions exceed all developed nations combined7

I blame these people.... ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Found this thread.  :sleazy: just read an article in the paper that 77 cities in the state of Washington and now LA is redoing ordinances that won't allow natural gas hookups to homes to achieve 0 carbon emissions.  :confused: :doofus:

For friggin Stoopid. :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Once they figure how to make power from snow and mosquitos Minnesota will follow.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
California just passed a law classifying "bees" as "fish" so they can regulate and make it unlawful to kill a bee.  :confused: :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Once they figure how to make power from snow and mosquitos Minnesota will follow.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: lets not forget deer and horseflies too!!!!!!!

Deadeye.........funny you brought up bees. i contacted my old employer to see if i could purchase some steel for a horseshoe stake. long story short on friday when i got there the front entrance for employees was swarmed with bees. when i left most of them where all clumped up on a spot on the side of the building. these where honey bees. it was a pretty amazing site to see.

apparently the HR gal i was dealing with knew someone that would get them and take them someplace where they wouldnt get destroyed.

and yes i did get what i needed. they still like me!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
California just passed a law classifying "bees" as "fish" so they can regulate and make it unlawful to kill a bee.  :confused: :bonk:
Yeah, that highlights the most significant problem in our government of checks and balances.  Legislatures have abdicated their authority to make laws to the courts.

Instead of passing a law to protect bees, they leave it to the courts to decree all sorts of unnatural abominations. 

They say that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right; that black is white and white is black; bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.  (Isaiah 5:20)