Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: UTV?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
On the fence which one...want a sxs out on the farm,hauling stuff my atv is to small for hauling stuff like people,extra gear etc.

been eyeballin this contraption,less money than a sxs utv,4x4,heated cab,good payload...thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 12/21/21, 08:49:24 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that should hold my cooler in the back!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well snow, my opinion, depends on what you really plan to do with it.  :scratch: :scratch: snow, mud????? what ya gonna haul???

nuttin like buying something and regretting it later.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed glenn,just putting around the farm,icefishing I always have someone along plus my dog rides shotgun,hauling field dekes,pulling a utility trailer etc,looking at a full size utv for
$25k vs this buggy for $10k,haven't seen one in the field so haven't a clue on pro's vs con's.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
guess you could put chains on the bad boy and really get'r stuck!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: the ability to have 4 wheel drive would be nice!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
guess you could put chains on the bad boy and really get'r stuck!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: the ability to have 4 wheel drive would be nice!!!! :happy1:

Oh forsure....it's a 4x4,heated /ac cab etc. just a ugly bug but praticle.down side is no cab room for a gun rack.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/21, 11:03:28 AM by snow1 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like it!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
some of my neighbors used to have those. Now they have Rangers.  :confused: One Neighbor still has one with tracks on it. Have not seen him use it for a couple years though.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Found one for $10k new...vs 25k for a full size sxs,not a polaris fan anyway,as long as I have heat/ac 4x4 and a cargo bed this rig might just fit the bill,looking into any mechanical issues if any?,kinda new on my radar,but I need a riglarger than my atv on the farm for year around use.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
On the fence which one...want a sxs out on the farm,hauling stuff my atv is to small for hauling stuff like people,extra gear etc.

been eyeballin this contraption,less money than a sxs utv,4x4,heated cab,good payload...thoughts?
I've seen guys put Matt tracks on them for ice fishing pretty cool.  :happy1:   But, they are not licensable for road use in the USA. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
DO NOT take my word for it but I was looking at those and I thought they made them street legal.  A place in Roseau used to sell them when I was driving semi through there about 4 years ago. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
DO NOT take my word for it but I was looking at those and I thought they made them street legal.  A place in Roseau used to sell them when I was driving semi through there about 4 years ago.

I was told they could not pass the needed safety ratings for crash and equipment. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah heck,in my case,around the farm,load my hunting or ice fishing  up head down to the river etc,besides iffin they can make ATV's/golf carts street legal (see AZ snowbird villages) this unit should be good to go on the roads in south dakota if needed

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be a good little truck.  Can you get parts for them?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be a good little truck.  Can you get parts for them?

My thoughts exactly LP, we have a suzuki dealer in white bear lake I plan on checking with...Since I traded off my honda foreman in 2019 for a suzuki king quad .no regrets to date,so this mini truck might fit the bill,also gotta check on repair shops in chamberlain SD ,would be my luck not to have a rice burner repair shop in town if one is needed.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/21, 12:24:53 PM by snow1 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I think they would be cool to have for Ice fishing and have looked at them for a long time.  Just not going to be in the plans for me.  :sad:

https://utvtracks.com/wp-content/uploads/sweepertracked-truck-041.jpg

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Mount a Ma-Deuce in the back of that an have some BIG fun shootin' targets around the yard!   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just a little rodent gun!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m not sure, but when I was looking at them a few years ago, I thought they were all used? They are pretty cool vehicle’s though.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
They are street legal in SD. I know a couple people that drive them around town in Spearfish. These people aren't ranchers or farmers, so I don't know how they would perform in the field for you.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN