Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: truck suspension  (Read 3420 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've told you that our new travel trailer has the water tank up front.  It is heavier than out old one in the front.  SO my truck does sag some and I hate the looks of that.  Plenty of power to pull it just isn't level.  It is getting an oil change and a warranty exhaust stud repair and I asked if the install air bags?  He said no we don't even like to use them.  Air leaks, moisture in system, bags crack and leak eventually etc.  SO what do they use?  Timbren Suspensions.  It is rubber stoppers that have a graduated amount of strength.  Of course the more you put weight on them the more they help.  ?????  He said you can spend 4 grand on air bags if you get the compressor so it keeps them up constantly or the manual type where you have 2 air chucks.  One for each bag and you use a regular air compressor to fill them up.  If one leaks you have to keep stopping to fill it up.  They will install these Timbren ones for $350.  I said go for it.  I hope this video works.   https://youtu.be/ekUff1zPG80

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The truck already has a stock bump stop so you just put these in the stock brackets.  Take the stock ones out. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Update.  I ordered them for $225.  It takes 10 minutes to install them.  I am going to get them for the front of my plow truck too.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I did bags on my 2014 Dodge it was around $1500 with the onboard compressor.

I put bags on my 2021 F-350 that was 1800 with onboard compressor.

TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of people use the Timbrens on their plow trucks. Makes a big difference. Never thought of putting them on the rear. Might have to look into that. The camper doesn't squat our truck to much being a 5th wheel. But would be nice to keep it more level.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup used tem's for years on my GM HD plow trucks with torsion bar front suspension until GM tweaked the chassis with a full boxed in frame,front suspension load capacity on these newer GM  HD trucks are 5600#'s,8.5' v-plow doesn't even squat the front end when plow is lifted for curbs and such.

Heavy load I would consider a third leaf spring (overload spring) which doesn't compomise ride w/o load...only engauged when over loaded or heavy loads.
« Last Edit: October 10/19/21, 09:59:20 AM by snow1 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Just a question..... Why not add overload springs? I did on an F150 years ago when I was pulling a camper. Cheap fix.... just asking...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's basically what the timbrens are. Just easier to install.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Timbrens look like they take only about 10 minutes to install.  They have a good video about it.  Just pry your stock bump stops out with a screwdriver and sit the new ones in and drop your jack down and it seats them.  Also good when you have a crosswind to help keep your truck from rocking sideways.  Mine are ordered and cost $225 on Amazon.  I just watched the Ram video.  They are of course brand specific.
« Last Edit: October 10/21/21, 08:01:39 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Those have springs inside, right? Not just compressible rubber?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The Timbrens look like they take only about 10 minutes to install.  They have a good video about it.  Just pry your stock bump stops out with a screwdriver and sit the new ones in and drop your jack down and it seats them.  Also good when you have a crosswind to help keep your truck from rocking sideways.  Mine are ordered and cost $225 on Amazon.  I just watched the Ram video.  They are of course brand specific.
  :scratch: :doah:i can see now why your wife has a problem with you being left home unsupervised while she works!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she might have to take your puter privelges away while she works!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  her favorite line to yell at me is:  Quit spending money!!!  LOL   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: See how good you got it, glenn  :rolleyes: when your wife gets  :mad1: at you she just asks THE QUESTION. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:happy1: See how good you got it, glenn  :rolleyes: when your wife gets  :mad1: at you she just asks THE QUESTION. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: and i usually say OK.......SEE YA!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

:scratch: see did ask me the other day when i was heading up for deer hunting........... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: as of yet...hasnt got straight o the point.........YET!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman