Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: local metro t.v channels?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Even tho I have dish I also use a digital t.v. antenna for several extra local channels,earlier this week these extra local channels dissappeared,I'm told one needs to reboot...me ignorant to how,any and all help appreciated.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Depends....what type of DTV receiver for the locals? Look for a very small red push button (not always red...) on the unit, just like on an ethernet router. Push that in and hold for about 3 secs, should re-set the system...DTV receivers have a reboot button, usually on the front.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx Reb,I'll check it out tonight,hope it's that simple,local news said to go into t.v. settings to re calibrate....unable to find settings on my one remote "do-all" pretty sure my pup got a hold of the original remote (one of) long ago.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's been on the news, they keep saying that you need to re-scan because many stations did upgrades.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you need to re-scan like HD said...a reset probably won't do it. HOWEVER, DVR recievers DO "rescan and seek" active programmed ch sigs; don't know if yours will or not. Send me a PM with brand and model, I'll snoop around my stuff and see what I can find. Ya may end up with a Fred Flintsone antenna....  :bonk:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Since you use dish and antenna signals, somewhere in your tv setup menu you will find a source that lets you switch between the two.

Make sure you select antenna before you Seek or Scan or Search for channels again.  G'luck

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And there it is!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I have dish...........and there currently fueding with KARE11!!!!! :confused: bastads.......thats no sunday night football and Michele Tafoya!!!! :banghead: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :hubba:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Limo has made a nice sports career for herself.    :happy1:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have dish...........and there currently fueding with KARE11!!!!! :confused: bastads.......thats no sunday night football and Michele Tafoya!!!! :banghead: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :hubba:

Sooooo...is it football, or the fluff?  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Sooooo...is it football, or the fluff?  :scratch:
yep!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Limo has made a nice sports career for herself.    :happy1:
Yea she has. She was also fun to listen to on KQRS

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to switch to cable here so I could get Bally and see the Twins.  I wanted to start watching the Twins when I retired.  Couldn't see them on Dish.  BUT now I have Fargo as my local news stations.  That sucks.  I want MN news. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I get Minnesota news out of Duluth from Midco here in the Falls. You aren't missing much.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I get Minnesota news out of Duluth from Midco here in the Falls. You aren't missing much.
I agree, it's the news we get at the cabin.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
People 5 miles away that are in Kooch County get the Duluth stations.  Do you get all of the Vikes and Twins on the Duluth channels?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Vikings yes, they are on the Midco Fox channel 761, Twins are on the Midco Balley Sports channel 792. I think the Wild are on Balley also, Timberwolves I don't know, I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in my front yard.

Those channel numbers are for the HD channels.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx for the input guyz....

Found the reset button Reb,no go....

however,channel 11 via antenna had a tutorial running  to re-scan that was helpful,after farting around in settings and tool box once I found it I managed to scan local channels....down loaded 37 free  HD channels thats the good news,bad news lost my anolog channels,not a big deal
« Last Edit: October 10/22/21, 11:40:18 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just think, with all those new, free HD channels you can watch re-runs of gameshows from the 70s twenty-four hours a day - seven days a week.   ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just think, with all those new, free HD channels you can watch re-runs of gameshows from the 70s twenty-four hours a day - seven days a week.   ;)

:bonk:

https://youtu.be/2ug6_l6SuwY

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Too funny, Reb.  :rotflmao:  I would have loved to see the clip with the husband's reaction.

Bob:  "Your Wifey says here, you're thin, but your strong...  What do you think she meant?"  :scratch: :doah: :embarrassed: