Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: cones  (Read 2939 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
No deer, how about some cones.
The Minnesota DNR is in "urgent" need of cones — and it'll pay you for them.

The DNR's State Forest Nursery needs hundreds of bushels of cones over the next few months so it can meet its 2022 reforestation efforts. Specifically, the DNR is seeking black spruce, jack pine and red pine cones.

The DNR pays people anywhere from $20 to $150 per bushel of cones, depending on the type.

“We rely very heavily on the public to supply seeds and cones to the State Forest Nursery,” DNR Forestry Silviculture Program Coordinator Mike Reinikainen said in a statement. “Gathering seeds and cones is a great outdoor fall activity that helps produce future forests, plus it’s a good way to make some extra money.”

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
No deer, how about some cones.
The Minnesota DNR is in "urgent" need of cones — and it'll pay you for them.

The DNR's State Forest Nursery needs hundreds of bushels of cones over the next few months so it can meet its 2022 reforestation efforts. Specifically, the DNR is seeking black spruce, jack pine and red pine cones.

The DNR pays people anywhere from $20 to $150 per bushel of cones, depending on the type.

“We rely very heavily on the public to supply seeds and cones to the State Forest Nursery,” DNR Forestry Silviculture Program Coordinator Mike Reinikainen said in a statement. “Gathering seeds and cones is a great outdoor fall activity that helps produce future forests, plus it’s a good way to make some extra money.”
I think last year they shut down their growing lots altogether so their probably in a pinch to get it going.  Hope they posted some pictures on their site of the cones they are looking for? 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here are the DNR links.  I didn't see many pictures, but if you go thru the links, there is lots of information.  $180/bushel of sugar maple seeds!   :happy1:  But only $5/bushel for black walnuts.   :undecided:

Cone and seed collection

Seed and cone collection map, drop off locations and pricing

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like cones.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I like cones.
Yeah, but you get all the good cones.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I like cones.
Yeah, but you get all the good cones.
well..........Roony gets all the good stuff for everything!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!