Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wonder bread  (Read 1878 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm guessing a few others remember this.  Maybe Master or Tastee too???

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep.......been there done that!!!!!!

and why i never made my kids do it!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I remember one kid in kinnygarden who had to have the bread bag in his black buckle boots.

Moms thought they were doing the right thing, but probably couldn't have done anything worse; create and trap all that sweat in a boot with little insulation.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup did that too...  Mom's know best!!   and we lived too!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Did that one wet Deer hunting season and a big garbage bag under my hunting jacket!  That was when I was young and couldn't afford any better hunting gear.  :doah:  Not happening again!   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wonder bread, hard salami, Swiss cheese, horseradish, mustard, couple of pickle spears and a cold beer.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great except for the Wonder Bread.  Although we ate a lot of it when we were young.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope.  We never got the Wonder Bread.  We had the grocery store name brand bread, Country Club.  It was cheaper.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We ate mostly bakery bread that came unsliced. Cheaper that way. Never put the wrappers inside our boots but Mom would put our sandwiches in the wrappers when she made our lunches. Sometimes she'd wash them out, let them dry & use them again. :rolleyes: We used the bags for water balloons, tossing them off the upper deck on our house on unsuspecting victims.  :evil:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We ate mostly bakery bread that came unsliced. Cheaper that way. Never put the wrappers inside our boots but Mom would put our sandwiches in the wrappers when she made our lunches. Sometimes she'd wash them out, let them dry & use them again. :rolleyes: We used the bags for water balloons, tossing them off the upper deck on our house on unsuspecting victims.  :evil:
:rotflmao: damn troublemaker!!!!!!!!! :evil:

i may remember a loaf or 2 of wonder bread???? not real sure what the parents bought. i do remember mom used to do this saturday morning thing, making homemade bread from scratch. along with that came homemade cinnamin rolls and vint biddles. its what they called  them anyway. it was some bread dough stretched of then fried in good old fashion lard. of course then there was the bread dipped in fresh creamery cream and blood or liver sausage. ot hte good old days.

we dont buy white bread no more, can hardly eat it anymore, as a buddy of mine calls the bread i get as "bird food" bread. usually a whole wheat or the like. less carbs  then white bread. 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Mom baked our bread and rolls too.  Everything was home made for a long time while growing up.