Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: planning meals  (Read 3537 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so how does your household plan meals. seem here we both go through periods where its a brain freeze and neither one of us can come up with any ideas. then occasionally we got all kinds of ideas....... alot of times i make a list.

does the wifey do all the planning or is it a joint effort????

it gets frustrating, although with the cooler temps options open up more using the oven
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
easy I made all the decisions, oh wait I live alone...  Naw we talk and share ideas...  then go from there...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here, it's a joint effort...now...
With this covid crap, I do most of the grocery shopping (I've been fully vaccinated with the booster, when she has not)

So, with that said...she tells me what she wants to cook, and I pick it up if I can. Of course, since I'm shopping on my own...I pick up crap she doesn't want  :rotflmao: and then we manage a meal out of the  :censored: I buy!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
kind of sounds like me!!!!  love it!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife asks what I want to eat and I usually answer with something dumb like rutabaga pie or something as weird and then she makes something.  By the way, it's always great so no complaints here.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
My wifes a bit of a food hoarder. Shes still buys food for the two of us like we still have the kids that left home 10 years ago! 🤪
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
After some discussion, I'm not picky so I just eat whatever she puts in front of me. Sometimes it's a big meal, sometimes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich hits the spot.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We both kick in most of the time.  Since I have more free time I do most of the shopping but we do enjoy doing it together when we can.  I also keep the dishes and kitchen cleaned up most of the time.  She does the laundry.  On turkey day we will both be making things to eat. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's only the 2 of us,and it's still hard not to cook smaller portions than when the kids where around. And we usually don't try.

I like leftovers. :happy1: when I get into a soup making mode, look out!!🤭  :rotflmao: I usually end up with 3 ice cream pails of soup.

I almost always have some of my old leftover containers of food in the freezer. Works awesome for when I head to the cabin. I don't eat out up there but great for a quick meal when I first get there and have all these things I want to do.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
left overs are great!!!!   and many times the flavor gets better!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What Mike said. We will do the planning and shopping together most of the time. I do 90% of the cooking and usually we end up with left overs too. Always like that.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife can’t boil water. I’ve always done the cooking.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife can’t boil water. I’ve always done the cooking.
my first wife was like that..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I cook a stew or a soup I fill the pot to the top even though it is only the two of us.  I like leftovers too.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We still cook like we have a full house, like mentioned I need leftovers for work. I've joined the mrs at the grocery store but she dilly dallys too much for me. With covid and her working from home it just makes too much sense shopping while getting paid and I'm not there..