Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Be careful on the ice  (Read 2607 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Beltrami County Sheriff's Office
39m  ·
EARLY ICE…
Yes, people are already venturing on area lakes. Several people were on Lake Irving already. One of them reported ice was around two inches thick. While ice can never be considered 100% safe, four inches of new clear ice is recommended to walk on. 
We know people love fishing, but we hate ice water rescues.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My son lived a stones throw from Irving when he was in college. We did some fishing there one winter. I use to go out on some pretty sketchy ice when I was younger but no more.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same here roony...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember carrying long branches with us in case we went down.  No way would I do that now.  Alcohol was involved and we caught some big fish.  Was central MN.

Online savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Every year,early ice stories,first it's walker's then "who dares" to drive out first....