Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: facebook  (Read 3567 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i swore i'd never, ever go there.  :confused: well i did. :banghead: :banghead: and i already regret it.

i got a PM over on IDO from a guy that told me someone wanted to send this friend request to him so he could talk to me. he got a time out there and wont come back. he's pretty candid and speaks his mind and it didnt sit well. the guy i Tom Savwell, mostly known as crappietom. i like the guy and have met him. he makes alot of plastics for fishing. some of you guys may remember him???

anyway i'm getting notices people have accepted my "friend requests" and i never sent any????? WTF.  my wifes daughter in law is one, and i want nuttin to do with that!!!! :tut:

so...my question is, i'm thinking of cancelling my order!!!! :rotflmao: anyone tell me how?????

is there any real good reason to keep it??????/ 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I used to be into it a little, but haven't posted anything on my own page for years.  However I do still enjoy going on once a week or so to follow the posts for some of the groups I've joined, such as:
-MN Bear Hunters
-MN Deer Hunters
-Lakes Area Outdoorsmen
-MN Grouse Hunters
-ND Ice Fishing
-DIY Deer Stands
-Pole Barn Cabins
-Habitat Management groups
-Follow the pages of some of the guides I've hunted with in the past
-Follow the pages of some companies that I purchase things from, as sometimes they will offer specials that are only posted through their FB page

I rarely have anything to add, but have learned a lot just by following some of these.  As far as friend requests, you may be misunderstanding how it works as you have to accept or send a friend request to actually link up with that person.  However, Facebook makes lots of friend "suggestions" based upon how many common friends you have.  You can just ignore those.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've avoided it too altho it has been frustrating at times when so many rely on it for distributing their information. Most of what they're putting out can be accessed elsewhere but the ease of access isn't as great. I really dislike how some locally use it as a gossip column, as if there's a contest to see who knew about who's doing who first. Even worse is how frequently what's being distributed is wrong. Have my own problems to worry about.
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 10:06:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to go on daily and haven't been on for months now.  Glenn I don't think you can quit once you join.  Hard to believe.  Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.  Just don't visit anymore. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I had decided to join it when I was selling our boat last spring. I was able to cancel it. Think I had to google how to cancel it first though. It was not easy. All I wanted it for was the selling thing. Otherwise facebook can kiss this  :mooning::nerd:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did just google in JB and it says there is a way to do it. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL glenn it's your bubbling personality,they all want your freindship....just delete these request glenn,no harm no sweat.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i swore i'd never, ever go there.  :confused: well i did. :banghead: :banghead: and i already regret it.

i got a PM over on IDO from a guy that told me someone wanted to send this friend request to him so he could talk to me. he got a time out there and wont come back.

LOL-I got the boot from IDO for something stupid even though the moderators said the same thing I did. Horrible forum and very one sided...don't disagree with the moderators. Kinda hope more people leave IDO and come here.

That said, I'm on FB as well but only with close friends and for Marketplace. You can block whomever you like. Never heard of auto friend request being sent out (I'd change my password if that happened) but again, you can block, snooze, or hide them.

You can also suspend you account but only a limited amount of times I think. You can easily cancel your account but I'd suggested deleted all posts prior.

« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 11:04:46 AM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope some of them come here too and I kinda help convince them.

I like the site, not as much as this one though.  Don't bring up politics, Rona or get really combative your good. But Yea they've booted a bunch. Some had it coming.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, you've  been hacked on FB. Go in and change your password.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why or how am I hacked???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of you may remember a gal from north Dakota by the screen name fishinfool, aka swanny. She's pretty much busy on there. Damn she was a hoot and I've had a few beers with her

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet you were hacked by one of those hussies from Inger... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: boy ............gunner's gonna be pizzed!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:applause: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: boy ............gunner's gonna be pizzed!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Why or how am I hacked???

If you are getting odd friend requests or people you know are getting them from you. You have been hacked.  It's happened to me and many friends.
Just last week my sisters husband sent a friend request but it only showed about 10 friends and no picture.  I knew he has more friends then that and his picture on his page.  I looked at his page and it was still there.  Someone hacked him and was trying to build a fake page with all his friends on it.  Not sure why they do it?  To try and collect info on people??  :confused: Just changing your pass word and reporting the fake page, fixes it.   :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 11:58:43 AM by Leech~~ »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm not getting odd friend requests, only 3 so far and there people i know.

what  i cant figure out is i have never sent a friend request..but getting requests accepted..again by people i know. and i really dont have an issue with any of them so far...... well except my wifes DIL!!!!!!!!  :doofus: she is a complete ditz!!!!

and i only joined it like 3 days ago??????// and have posted nothing!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 12:45:42 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never joined and never will.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I am on face book and after being hacked I limited the number of friends, mostly former co-workers or family and except for an occasional political post, I enjoy it.  We share jokes and our plans for the day and I even occasionally post a picture of a fish I caught. 
I understand, there are goofballs out there and can cause trouble.  I admin about 6 groups. 
I guess it is what one makes of it.  It is the only social media I am on. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never had the desire to be part of it, ya sure it would be neat to follow some of the outdoor groups like savage mentioned.  A buddy is in Facebook jail more than being out he says. Thought I read something that they make 200 bucks off each user? Then again maybe most of social media is tgat way..

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It is the only social media I am on.
  Um, your on one right now!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
This is social?????   :crazy: :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is social?????   :crazy: :crazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:. Well if nuttin else I may have got a new member to join  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've never had the desire to be part of it, ya sure it would be neat to follow some of the outdoor groups like savage mentioned.  A buddy is in Facebook jail more than being out he says. Thought I read something that they make 200 bucks off each user? Then again maybe most of social media is tgat way..

Aaaaahhhhh.....I can honestly say, I make ZIP off of anything!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!