Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Rona finally got me.  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunday night it hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m fully vaccinated and take precautions and I still got it. I’ve had pneumonia twice and never felt this close to death as I’ve felt the last 5 days. Fever up to 104, every part of my body hurts and I mean hurts, no energy and no desire to eat. Just a walk to the bathroom takes everything out of me. I do thank god it didn’t go into my lungs, yes I have a minor cough but no breathing issues. The first night when it came on my lungs burned so bad I was afraid to breath but by morning the burn went away. The only thing I can think of on how I got it was off of someone’s money that came through the coffee shop. I am starting to feel somewhat better, not like death anymore lol, I just considered myself lucky I didn’t get it any worse.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
holy moly Coffee!!  sure hope ya fell better soon!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, hope you keep feeling better. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Scares me. Wife and I are both fully vaccinated and got the flu shots. We're still nervous about things.
Good luck. Hope recovery is quick and complete.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, thank God you got the shots Coffee.  If now you may not be here.  Glad to hear you are on the mend.  You take care. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glad your on the mend bud!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Get better coffee!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you are on the mend Coffee. Did you get anything to treat it?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Wow! Hers to you coffie!! Glad yur ok!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang it coffee,  good to hear your on the mend!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks everyone, getting there slowly but I’m sure it’ll take a few more days to feel it. I went to med express and had a 3 1/2 hour wait in my car before I could be seen. Then went to local ER and had 33 people in front of me. At the time I had a 104 fever so I said screw it and went home. I was hoping to be given the new pill but never happened. I just took DayQuil and NyQuil to keep the fever down, drank plenty of nasty pedialyte to keep hydrated. The worst thing about this is once u got it you feel like you are at a leprosy colony. No one comes anywhere near you. Drop supplies off in porch and let them leave before you open up the door. 😂😂

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Several in the local area have also described the leper colony scenario. I was dropping off veggies on the neighbor's garage pad and leaving. Just felt strange.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Get well soon.   Prayers sent.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like you are on the mend, hopes and prayers for a full recovery soon.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee coffee,curious if you have other underlying health issues?

Back in 2018 I was laid up for 10 days laying in isolation,everthing you discribed I had including 70% of my lungs were full of fluid,5 doctors scratching they're heads,fever lost massive amount of weight as my smelling senses were off lived on popsicles for 10days while in the ICU.,never hungry ...blood transfusions,oxygen hookup,one doc said possible bronchitus virus....today my doc told me I had covid only they didn't know what covid was in 2018,he said covid has be around since 2015,most often diagnosed as the flu... who know's,now we have a more lethal variant coming called the south african variant,W.H.O. claims our current vaccines won't work against it,hell our current vaccines don't work against covid-19 now,sure seems like "ring-around -the rosey".

glad your on the mend coffee,hang in there.
« Last Edit: November 11/26/21, 12:05:01 PM by snow1 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like you had covid 18 snow. In some instances it was worse than covid19.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, luckily the only thing I have is a touch of high blood pressure and I am a smoker. What’s weird is I never lost my taste and my sense of smell is on over drive. Today woke up felling 100% better. But there are a few weird feelings, fever is gone but my body is burning up, I can feel my body working fighting off the virus, hard to describe but I can tell something is going on inside. I started sneezing this morning and haven’t stopped all day, starting to pizz me off. I want to go but I know I have to wait til at least Sunday to test again.