Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Rattled him up by banging ladder on tree  (Read 2603 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I used a ladder to put up a trail camera. When I came down the ladder banged against the tree and made quit a racket.  I walked about 20 feet to check the camera angle and this nice 8 pointer came running on the field to check me out.  He was spoiling for a fight and even started to advance towards me.  Then he decided I wasn't worth it and hopped across the field and started sniffing for does.
The first two pictures were taken while he was sizing me up. The others are frame grabs from the video I took of him crossing the field.
About 10 minutes after this two smaller bucks did the same thing. I'm guessing a hot doe had crossed the field when I wasn't looking.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***