Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 twins  (Read 6803 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I read where the Twinkletoes signed Buxton to a 7 year $100 million  contract extension. Man I went into wrong profession  :rotflmao: with alot of incentives.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
He is due for a season where he doesn't get hurt. Then he can collect on all those incentives.

Player lockout will begin on Wednesday. Question is.....will it end by spring training start?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I read where the Twinkletoes signed Buxton to a 7 year $100 million  contract extension. Man I went into wrong profession  :rotflmao: with alot of incentives.
:scratch: :doah: They would've wanted $ FROM YOU before they let you on the field! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: A No Trade clause & incentives based on being able to stay on the field are being said to be major factors. https://news.yahoo.com/byron-buxton-twins-reach-seven-003300355.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall                                                            I     
« Last Edit: November 11/29/21, 12:18:15 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally.....Jim Kaat and Toni Oliva elected to the Hall of Fame. Grew up watching those guys. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, glad to see those guys get the honor before they pass.

Hall of Fame ought not to be only about the statistics.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too!!  was on the news so I seen them so happy!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kaat could still make the Twins rotation.

Congrats to them both. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kaat's 283 wins is still #8 all time for a lefty & Tony O taught Rod Carew a few things about how to handle a bat. Kudos to both, well deserved! :happy1: :cool:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great players both. Today's starters pale in comparison to guys like Kaat, Blyleven and Morris. Enjoyed listening to Kaat's broadcasts. Tony O was the total package. While the DH rule extended his career after he hurt his knee, given today's surgical techniques one has to wonder what might've been.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
isee where the Twins inducted ..
gardy
gladden, and
cesar tovar to the Twins hall of fame!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

i enjoyed watching gladden play....he was kinda fiesty!!!!!! and i think tovar was the first twins player, and maybe the only one??? to play all 9 positions in a single game!!!!!!! actually surprised it took this long for them to put him in there hall of fame???? :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's nice that they recognize some of these guys. However I often think it's a money grab to sell tickets and jerseys. Tovar for instance was never a star player. He was just somebody that happened to be good enough to play everywhere on a marginal baseball team.

But yes, it's nice for their families and friends.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if i remember right Tovar wasnt a power hitter bit more of slap the ball around the ball park guy. he could steal bases. think he hit for a respectable average to, not???

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
if i remember right Tovar wasnt a power hitter bit more of slap the ball around the ball park guy. he could steal bases. think he hit for a respectable average to, not???

He was a singles type hitter like Carew. Without any research I would say he was a .270's type. Yes he could run also.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I could swear that Gladden also played every position in one game, but couldn't find any reference to it.  Records show he only pitched in two games, and the box scores for those games show he did NOT play the other positions.

So thinking about it...   :scratch:  It must have been one of those down years between World Series' that folks were TALKING about letting Gladden play all 9 positions - because he had pitched before.  ...Something, anything for the fans to get excited about.

But you are right...  Dan Gladden was fiesty!    :taz: training-087

Can't forget this story... On this day in 1988: Twins teammates brawled on a lawn

A personality conflict turned into a fistfight between Minnesota Twins left-fielder Dan Gladden and second baseman Steve Lombardozzi, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The altercation apparently took place Thursday night at Gladden`s home.

Lombardozzi arrived for Friday’s game with a black eye and scratches down the swollen left side of his face. Gladden suffered a cracked bone in his right ring finger. Neither of the combatants would comment Sunday. Manager Tom Kelly said he was aware of the incident. The problems between the players came to a head during Wednesday’s 9-7 loss to the Boston Red Sox when Kelly used a pinch-hitter for Lombardozzi.

Sources said Lombardozzi became upset and went to the clubhouse, a move that didn’t sit well with a couple of players, including Gladden. Lombardozzi is said to have gone to Gladden’s home to settle the differences when the fight started.

“They settled it like men,” Kelly said. “My understanding is that everything’s hunky dory.”

« Last Edit: January 01/24/22, 12:09:21 PM by Steve-o »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins could use a guy like Gladden to slap some fire into some of these guys they have today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where MLB gave the players Union a deadline for tonight to keep the season to 162 games with full pay provided they agree to certain things.

not sure how the players will react, but i've seen this manuever before!!!! :evil: both as the union thug and from an employer......usually means there working behind the scenes to get a del done. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There won't be a deal until mid to late March with a April season start.

They all can kiss my a$$, other than listening on the radio or TV i'm done with them.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They got more problems than they can solve in one night.

Even if they do come to an agreement, they will have just kicked those problems down the road.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I see the baseball strike is over, oh well...     :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to check that out.  I like some of the ideas people have thrown out.  No practice pitches when a pitcher comes in.  He has been throwing in the bull pen. QBs don't get practice throws on the field.  Batter can't leave the batter box.  I get so tired of them tightening their gloves every pitch or adjusting their crotch.  3 or 4 time outs per game like in football.  All of this walking out to talk to the pitcher is BS.  Get the game going.  I have things to do.  LOLOL  Maybe.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
MLB players vote to end lockout, salvaging 162-game season

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to check that out.  I like some of the ideas people have thrown out.  No practice pitches when a pitcher comes in.  He has been throwing in the bull pen. QBs don't get practice throws on the field.  Batter can't leave the batter box.  I get so tired of them tightening their gloves every pitch or adjusting their crotch.  3 or 4 time outs per game like in football.  All of this walking out to talk to the pitcher is BS.  Get the game going.  I have things to do.  LOLOL  Maybe.

Other elements of the deal include:

• A 45-day window for MLB to implement rules changes -- among them a pitch clock, ban on shifts and larger bases in the 2023 season

• The National League adopting the designated hitter

• A draft lottery implemented with the intent of discouraging tanking

• Draft-pick inducements to discourage service-time manipulation

• Limiting the number of times a player can be optioned to the minor leagues in one season

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't watched a baseball game in years....what was the strike about? can't be salary.all million aires by now arn't they?Guess I really don't care just curious.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't watched a baseball game in years....what was the strike about? can't be salary.all million aires by now arn't they?Guess I really don't care just curious.
:pouty: :banghead: sheez snow, dont you pay attention!!!!!!!  :confused: read steveo's post above yours!!!!!  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: pretty much covers it!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND the answer is yes.  It is all about money.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins traded Garver to Texas for their SS yday.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins are in a full blown rebuild. Don't believe it when they tell you they think they can compete......believe what you see them doing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins are in a full blown rebuild. Don't believe it when they tell you they think they can compete......believe what you see them doing.
there in rebuild mode every year!!!!! :doofus:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Their approach to re-hab the careers of one-good starting pitchers has not paid off for them.

They leave themselves such a thin margin for error that one or two injuries derails the whole season.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Their approach to re-hab the careers of one-good starting pitchers has not paid off for them.

They leave themselves such a thin margin for error that one or two injuries derails the whole season.
as long as the pohland family has there fingers in the team..........they will ALWAYS be derailed!!!!1 :pouty: