Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes at Lions  (Read 6216 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
did detroit have a super bowl type parade??????? :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Zimmer could be the grand marshall!!!!!! :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They got back in the game in the 2nd half by putting pressure on Goff with the blitz, which they did none of on the final possesion. :crazy: :pouty:

The old "Prevent Defense."   :angry2:  The defense that prevents you from winning the game. 

Who was that defensive back who was standing alone in the end zone and didn't move over to cover the receiver until the ball was thrown?   :doah:

Woods and Danzler on the coverage...  See video at 50 seconds.  Why give a guy so much cushion on the goal line?   :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zp1sINJO8

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I laugh every time I see the Raiders play. The kicker (Carlson) that the Vikings spent a high pick on and Zimmer couldn't wait to run out of town has missed one kick I think since he was cut.

Garrett the X Cowboys coach was mentioned. Let me be the first to say I would rather have Brewster or old Smoke & Mirrors before that guy.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it sounds like Zimmer and Spielman are close..........if Zimmer goes, does the GM go too???????? Kubiak needs to also.

i'll be honest.........i really dont know who would be a good new coach.  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The GM of last nights loser was George Paton & he spent 14 seasons with the Vikings under Speilman before leaving. At 1 point last night they showed 6 players from this years draft that were starting for the Broncos last night. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I didn't watch the game. Was there any talk of Erin leaving GB after this season and going to Denver? This is what I believe the plan to be. Teddy is a nice kid and a decent quarterback but he isn't taking anybody to the SB.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I heard no mention of anything like that. :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
it sounds like Zimmer and Spielman are close..........if Zimmer goes, does the GM go too???????? Kubiak needs to also.

i'll be honest.........i really dont know who would be a good new coach.  :scratch: :scratch:

The GM of last nights loser was George Paton & he spent 14 seasons with the Vikings under Speilman before leaving. At 1 point last night they showed 6 players from this years draft that were starting for the Broncos last night. 

That's the problem.  Those guys don't grow on trees.  And when you have good home grown candidates like Paton and Stefanski...  its best to promote them before they leave.  :embarrassed:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we need an offensive head coach. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we need an offensive head coach. 

Either that or a defensive head coach who knows how to call defenses in the last 2 minutes of the half and game.   :angry:

How many wins would that be worth this season?  :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Their 3rd round pick, Browning a LB from Ohio St, is one of the main reasons they were willin to let Von Miller go play for a winner in LA. He had 8 tackles last night & was all over the field. I'm certain they saved a lot of cap space as well.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/21, 11:39:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Their 3rd round pick, Browning a LB from Ohio St, is one of the main reasons they were willin to let Von Miller go play for a winner in LA. He had 8 tackles last night & was all over the field. I'm certain they saved a lot of cap space as well.

We had FOUR picks in the 3rd round - all of them AHEAD of Denver.

We took:  Kellen Mond (QB), Chazz Surratt (LINEBACKER!!), Wyatt Davis (Guard), and Patrick Jones (D line)

The QB hasn't played.  Patrick Jones has played 38 snaps this season on defense and Surratt and Davis are special-teamers.

Our other high draft choice, first-rounder Christian Darrisaw has only played in 7 of the 13 games so far this year.

... Not a lot of "impact" production out 5 players taken in the top 90 OVERALL in the 2021 draft.   :angry:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Post Script to the 2021 Draft...

Everyone keeps talking about what a great year Cousins is having and if the Vikings would have just found a way to have won a few more games more of those close games, Kirk would be in the League MVP talk this season.  Yeah, right.
:bs:
Since Cousins was under contract, we didn't "need" a QB this year - so we took Christian Darrisaw in the first round instead of Mac Jones.

The 8-4 Patriots are leading the AFC East with Mac Jones as their starter.  Jones is ranked 13th and makes $3,896,588.

The 5-7 Vikings are on the outside of the playoffs looking in with Kapt. Kirk at the helm.  He is ranked 14th and makes $33,000,000.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Says more about McDaniel & Belichick being able to coach up players and scheme than Cousins being worse than Jones. Jones fits perfectly with the McDaniel's / Belichick ball control, don't beat yourself scheme.

Vikings basically had Jones when they had Keenum. What they didn't have were coaches that could adapt a scheme to the quarterback they had.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: ESPN's NFL QBR has Cousins ranked 9th, 1 spot ahead of the $40 million dollar man Mahomes. https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/21, 02:34:20 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: ESPN's NFL QBR has Cousins ranked 9th, 1 spot ahead of the $40 million dollar man Mahomes. https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr  :confused:

I double checked and my reference was a week old.  The overall rankings were based on the "original" rating system, which had Jones ahead of Cousins by one spot, but Cousins had a "new" ESPN QBR rating of 57 to Jones' 52.6.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would still take Jones over Cousins.  Cousins may be accurate but I don't see any chemistry with him and his teammates.  And he sure gets scared easily. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I double checked and my reference was a week old.  The overall rankings were based on the "original" rating system, which had Jones ahead of Cousins by one spot, but Cousins had a "new" ESPN QBR rating of 57 to Jones' 52.6.
:confused: :pouty: c'mon, Steve-0 get your act together.  :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, why let facts get in the way of a good b!tch rant.   :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, why let facts get in the way of a good b!tch rant.   :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When I came in to warm up Sunday I had some lunch and got under my blankie. Was flipping thru the channels when I came across the Vikings broadcast. They were having a discussion about the recent shootings in MI. Bad deal. Then they panned to the back of a Vikings helmet that said "Black Lives Matter" on it. That was my cue. Back to the Gophers BB game. SSDD. :coffee:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/21, 06:32:44 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: That same  :bs: is on the back of almost all college football players helmets too. :doah: They've just changed the verbage. :crazy: :pouty: