Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Clean up after fishing  (Read 1361 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Clean up after fishing
No one wants to find dead fish, fish entrails, bait containers or monofilament line, not to mention bags of human waste, left on the ice when they head out to enjoy quality time fishing our beautiful lakes.

If your trip is negatively impacted by seeing a mess left by other anglers, imagine how it impacts the very place you love to fish. It’s a simple fact: All garbage that remains on the ice when it melts sinks to the bottom of a lake or river, or ends up on shore. It can pollute the water, impact aquatic plants and animals, and be a threat to many species of water birds. Also remember, littering is against Minnesota law, whether on public lands or public waters.

Make a plan before you head out fishing this winter — add trash bags, a bucket and a human waste receptacle to your ice fishing equipment list. If you bring it on the ice, please bring it off!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND take pictures of anyone making the messes. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/its-disgusting-reports-of-anglers-dumping-sewage-on-upper-red-lake

and I just read this..  no reason for it.. if they can afford the Ice Castle they can afford to legally dump their crap!! 
 :tut: :tut:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Unfortunately, HD, you're preaching to the choir. I hope. Many times I have to clean up an area before I fish it. My van has a big roll of trash bags.
Thanks for posting this.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno, when you look at the Online Users section of the main page, there is usually about a dozen regular account holders logged in and hundreds of guests.

I'll bet one or two of those guests might not be so considerate of hauling their trash off the ice and could use a gentle reminder.

And great tip, TT, on brining extra trash bags.