Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 olympics~  (Read 3652 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
news last night said team U.S.A hockey has pulled outof the beijing olympics...if true curious if our entire team will boycott? My thoughts china could hold our people hostage once in china if they decide to hit taiwan,use our people as a human shield for a retailitory U.S. strike.what do you guyz think? seems the shete is getting real fast,this plus russia's threat to turn our country into radioactive ash if we enter the ukraine conflict,keep ukraine and other countries bordering russia out of NATO.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
They not boycotting it, there not going because of the Rona!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My understanding is that because they are losing so many games from the virus they are planning on making up those games during the time they would have been in the Olympics.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Silly me,didn't catch that... :scratch: might as well go to the belly of the beast,come back with some other "kung-fu" crud,variant.I'm thinking conspiracy after 2014 ,after the russia olympic's when russia annex'd crimia right after they're games.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My understanding is that because they are losing so many games from the virus they are planning on making up those games during the time they would have been in the Olympics.
:happy1: exactly!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Besides...  Although the NHL and players collectively bargained to let the players play in the Olympics, I don't think the owners have their hearts in it.  The last thing they want is their star players to get hurt in "exhibition" games.   :undecided:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
news last night said team U.S.A hockey has pulled outof the beijing olympics...if true curious if our entire team will boycott? My thoughts china could hold our people hostage once in china if they decide to hit taiwan,use our people as a human shield for a retailitory U.S. strike.what do you guyz think? seems the shete is getting real fast,this plus russia's threat to turn our country into radioactive ash if we enter the ukraine conflict,keep ukraine and other countries bordering russia out of NATO.

Watched the USA play the Canadians last night. Good game. US won 4-2 over Canada. First time US has beaten Canada at the Olympics since 2012. interesting makeup of the teams. Canada went with big and physical. US with small and fast. 4 of the top 5 picks in the NHL Draft are in this game. Only 1 from US. Including the number 1 for Buffalo playing for Canada.....6'6" defenseman. Played for Michigan.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched that too. Ken. The USA team was very young with most playing college or AHL hockey before going to Beijing. The goalie had a pretty shaky start but played very well after that. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/22, 08:11:43 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My daughter in law's brother set a new US record in the 1000 meter run yesterday. He missed the last summer Olympics by one notch. Maybe he'll get to go in 2024.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's cool roony! Was a pretty good game against the Germans,  USA sitting good!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO now I can say one of my best friends, daughter in laws, brother did that.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The US/Finland women's hockey game is on USA network now & about to start period 2, if anyone is interested. :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/14/22, 08:01:37 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...Just can't get into the Olympics this year.

Between China's global aggression, human rights violations, and draconian no-covid (yeah, right) policies - it is just hard to watch the games being hosted there.

The Olympic Committee still lets the Ruskies compete as the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) even though their country's systemic cheating was finally and undeniably exposed.  Hey, you are going to ban them or you aren't.  (I guess they aren't.)

And the winter sports they keep making up are getting dumber and dumber:  x-game crap, male-female relay team variations, etc.  Its like the more events they invent, the more money they make.

And who ever decided that this should be a sport?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya do you like the bottom or the top position?   :doofus:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here Steve-O. Wasn't even sure up until recently we'd be able to see it at all with the KARE 11 - Dish Network pi$$ing match going on. 3 guys from the Gopher hockey team playing in it but I couldn't tell you who. When I do take a peek at the games, then something thrilling like ice dancing is on.  :rolleyes:  :doah:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Lot's of chatter about the halftime show,ghetto trash yappin about cop killing etc...really,this is uncalled for,nary a word from the media,how many more police will get shot this year,21 since january 1st,dems are silent,focused on hanging trump again jan6th protest,one unarmed lady shot in the face by capitol police... :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Personally, I'd rather watch almost any of the games, except ice dancing :rolleyes:, than the :bs: the MSM tries to feed us every day & call it the news.  :crazy: :pouty: :tut:
« Last Edit: February 02/14/22, 06:23:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Same here Steve-O. Wasn't even sure up until recently we'd be able to see it at all with the KARE 11 - Dish Network pi$$ing match going on. 3 guys from the Gopher hockey team playing in it but I couldn't tell you who. When I do take a peek at the games, then something thrilling like ice dancing is on.  :rolleyes:  :doah:   

I used to have Dish. One summer.....no Twins. End of Dish. NEVER have Dish again until they carry Bally Sports. Only way to watch the Twins and Wolves.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You got that right Ken.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
PBTV is the way to go here, we have everything with them. :happy1: :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I watched the womens downhill last night. 80+ mph down a sheet of ice with a little snow on top. Love the downhill.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They had some 2-man bobsled on early yday too, with speeds approaching 90 mph. :crazy: The track was built on a mountain peak & has a bunch of wicked curves in it too. https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202109/17/WS6144008ea310e0e3a6822434.html

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
NBC does a nice job with the little map thing on the top left of the screen showing where they are on the course so you can see whats coming.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough loss for our men's hockey team yday. :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We watched the womens downhill free style.  Skiing downhill backwards and going over jumps.  Unreal!