Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: John Madden~  (Read 1916 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Folks either loved the guy or hated the man,either way he was a legend,sadly I never payed much attention back in his golden years but watched his tribute last night,darn good one at that.RIP.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Grew up listening to him & Pat Summerall do NFL games on CBS, they were awesome!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just catching up...

I missed the Christmas Day Fox retrospective.  I'm hoping I can stream that somewhere soon.

And I missed most of the tributes as well - at least the in-depth ones.

Yeah, he and Summerall were the best thing going, but IMHO, Summerall was the straw that kept that drink stirred.  He had the dulcet-toned voice (like Herb Carneal) and his calls were always understated compared to Madden's over-the-top antics.  As I recall - toward the end of Madden's tenure - his schtick was no longer fresh and innovative - and despite his great knowledge of the game and insights - he became a caricature of himself.  Still, an all-time great whose legacy to the game will never be equaled.   R.I.P.