Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Portable ice shack heater~  (Read 1263 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
New to me is this diesel compact heater friends are talking up in the dakota's,not sure I want diesel fuel stink/exhaust in my shack but they claim no stink and very fuel efficient.Anyone have or seen one in action?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nope!!!!!!! when we first got the cabin and started spearing we had these old fuel oil or kerosene stoves. they sucked and stunk. when propane heaters came along they were the cats meow. not looking back!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I stay away from any fuel like that for heating indoors. The only major concern is .2-.5L hourly consumption and a .5L tank? Are you filling it every hour?

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually, these are all the rage with the homemade camper folks. There are a bunch of videos of them on YouTube.  There are a few different designs and some that work on gas as well.  They just need to have power to them at all times to run.  That's why I went with a vented propane in mine. 

https://youtu.be/6uifBYP1Qjs

Click-the pic. 
« Last Edit: January 01/07/22, 11:04:13 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So gotta have a 12v battery to run this contraption,then mess with exhaust,no thanks.maybe skid shacks or wheel houses but not for use that run n gun.