Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 gardens  (Read 51415 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
My garden is done. Only potatoes and carrots still in the ground. Picked my Honeygold apples yesterday. Still have Snow Sweets on the tree yet. Not ripe.
Picking red and yellow raspberries this morning.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my neighbors pulled their garden last too, gave a few for a couple meals, white meat in these!!!   and a few kohlrabies, 4 very small ones.  a good treat..  and I pulled my my few maters to ripen...   plenty of green ones left, oh well...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting the last tomatoes ripe in the dark.
« Last Edit: October 10/07/22, 04:53:28 PM by KEN W »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Why are these pics upside down???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On your phone do edit on each pic you want to send and then just pull one side in a smidge and it will keep the pics upright.  If we click on it it will also show upright.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking fruit too Ken.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Ken! I yanked everything yesterday after work and did the same thing except in a cardboard box and added some ripening bananas to help out. Kinda funny also most of the window sills and bay window is lined with more. Have a little more than 5 gallon bucket of bell and jalapenos to cut up and freeze.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot of peppers Bobb.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I covered one mater plant, now to see if it makes it a few more days...    :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Dug the rest of the tators and carrots today. Had 5 five gallon buckets of spuds.

Russet Norkota

Red Norland

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: nice looking spuds!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I finally got the last of the Indian corn picked. A small sampling of what we are allowing to dry in the garage. The birds & earworms caused some damage but they left several dozen ears for us to contend with. Always like growing it. Never know what will appear when you pull the husks back.  :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You always get all the good Indigenous People's Corn.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Always found that to be cool!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I 2nd JB on that...   cool stuff!!!   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I finally got the last of the Indian corn picked. A small sampling of what we are allowing to dry in the garage. The birds & earworms caused some damage but they left several dozen ears for us to contend with. Always like growing it. Never know what will appear when you pull the husks back.  :coffee:

What do you do with it????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

What do you do with it????
think his wifey gets to make pretty things with it????????? :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's exactly what happens to it mikey. Them wimmens go gaga over stuff like that. She likes tying them into 3 ear swags adorned with fall colored ribbons and/or fake fall leaves.Toss in some gourds, pumpkins, decorative squash, build a corn shock in the yard, then grill them some food and they're practically outta control!  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/13/22, 01:31:09 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's exactly what happens to it mikey. Them wimmens go gaga over stuff like that. She likes tying them into 3 ear swags adorned with fall colored ribbons and/or fake fall leaves.Toss in some gourds, pumpkins, decorative squash, build a corn shock in the yard, then grill them some food and they're practically outta control!  :coffee:
:confused: :pouty: I feel a bit insulted you called me Mikey!🙄 :doah: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :pouty: I feel a bit insulted you called me Mikey!🙄 :doah: :rotflmao:

ya should be happy about that!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

ya should be happy about that!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ya. Finally complimented for once.  :nerd:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Don't you have some cigarettes that need smoking?  :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't smoke ciggy's! :tut:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, one of those guys... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, one of those guys... :scratch:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: next to Al Bundy, there my next best heroes!!👍👍 :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I'm finally done putzing with fruit trees & the garden, maybe. Sat. I brought all the squaash, pumpkins & gourds up around the house and constructed a corn shock. Dug the cannas or as many as I'm going to yesterday, keeping the yellow cannas separate. They're smaller bulbs and shorter statured plants but we should have enough to make a short row and increase them for sharing in another year. Picked the last of the Honeycrisp, SnoSweet & Haralson apples late afternoon, then pulled the winter radishes in the dark. Forecast is just too cold to leave them out there, at least the 1st planting. Will see how the 2nd planting fares. Pulled a few from that bunch but not many worth the effort yet. Seeded late August if I recall. Too dry & a little late from past experience. The 1st planting radishes got huge like I thought they would. They're excellent quality however and should keep well. Mighty tasty too.
« Last Edit: October 10/17/22, 10:10:31 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are huge!!!   I would like to try someday, but who knows...   road trip some day...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, nice radish for sure.  I had cut the tops (bigger than most corn stalks) off the cannas a week ago. Today I dug the bulbs and will have to get them inside before tonight's freeze. Sheech it's hard to get any serious hunting in lately.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Watermelon Radish???