Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 gardens  (Read 104733 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking the two hired men so he can still have the gin.....    :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking the two hired men so he can still have the gin.....    :sleazy:

now some one is thinking!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like more than it really is Barry. If you've done a good job of initial weed control the vine crops take over their space, especially pumpkins, squash and gourds. If you're a weed like waterhemp, lambsquarter, or even a purslane trying to get enough light, nutrients and moisture under that canopy to survive, good luck with that.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Received all my seeds for next year. Except for the seed trials from NDSU. Anyone else want to be in the trials? You can have up to 7. Each comparing 2 varieties.

There are gardeners from ND, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, SD, Nebraska, Montana, Iowa, and 25 from Minn.

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we recieved a Jungs catalog s few weeks ago. i looked through it but nuttin tripped my trigger.

a few weeks ago i was meandering through fleet farm, kinda looking for seeds........i expect them to be out on shelves in about another month!!

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
This year I bought seeds from Victory Seeds, Baker Seeds, and Johnnys seeds.

Victory has good prices as does Seeds and Such, and Pinetree.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Received all my seeds for next year. Except for the seed trials from NDSU. Anyone else want to be in the trials? You can have up to 7. Each comparing 2 varieties.

There are gardeners from ND, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, SD, Nebraska, Montana, Iowa, and 25 from Minn.

What sort of comparison trials are we talkin' Ken? Quantitative? Qualitative? I might be interested in a small amount as long as it doesn't take a lot of space, time or involves okra or anything else no one will eat. Of course I could always mail it to glenn... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

What sort of comparison trials are we talkin' Ken? Quantitative? Qualitative? I might be interested in a small amount as long as it doesn't take a lot of space, time or involves okra or anything else no one will eat. Of course I could always mail it to glenn... :coffee:
:tut: :tut: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: :doah: your using some pretty big words this early in the day bub!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wait till the gin bottle comes out... :drinking:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Wait till the gin bottle comes out... :drinking:

I think what Glenn is saying he wants you to use smaller words so can better understand what is being said!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He's just afraid I'll mail him a bunch of frozen veggies he won't eat... :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut:

You get 2 small- medium sized packets of seeds of a variety. Plant them and compare the 2. At the end of the season compare the two and report your findings. $1.50 for each trial and $5.50 for shipping. You can have up to 7 trials. You can look back at the trials for at least the last 10 years and see what people are saying about varieties.

Last year I compared 2 sweet corns, 2 carrots, 2 cantaloupe, 2 peas, and 2 purple beans.

Here are this years trial results.
https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/homegardenvarietytrials/documents/results2021.pdf

Here is the info to get into the trials.
https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/homegardenvarietytrials