Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Jalapeno peppers  (Read 2255 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so with all this food stuff going on......i've been thinking for a while on how the best way to preserve jalepenos for winter use>>>

dry,  cut up and freeze?????

what do some of you guys do?????/
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I throw them in a ziplock and into the freezer.  They get soft once thawed but are great in soups etc.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've thought about throwing them on a dehydrator then running them threw a blender, kinda make a powder out of them.  :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Don't recall ever having enough jalapenos to save. They go too quick. We grew some ghost peppers but they got used right away for cooking and salsa. Would be nice to save some ghost peppers for my chili. Other peppers didn't grow well in our garden.
Been thinking of trying some of those dried peppers from the grocery store. Not sure which ones are available.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenn thats what id do. And have done itits works great
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Take the skins off before freezing or dehydrating?  :confused: