Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New vexliar~  (Read 2716 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
On the fence about upgrading my fl-18 to the 28...after 20 +years with my old fl-8 the upgrade to the 18 was an easy dicision,mostly for the .75"target seperation 6' bottom zoom but now vex has a all new flx-30,any of you guyz care to share your thoughts on the 28 and or the 30 iffin you have either,after all does a flasher really need all the bells n whistles?

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I love my 30, wife gave it to me fo xmas last year. The 2 things i really like is the zoom bottom 6 and the full depth onbthe same screen. And the separation power of the bottom. Would i go get one myself. Prob not. Ove xaught manny many many so many more fish than glenn ever has with my fl8 se.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I love my 30, wife gave it to me fo xmas last year. The 2 things i really like is the zoom bottom 6 and the full depth onbthe same screen. And the separation power of the bottom. Would i go get one myself. Prob not. Ove xaught manny many many so many more fish than glenn ever has with my fl8 se.
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: yea ell i dont rea;;y need one to catch fish!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :sleazy:

but i went from the fl8 straight to a marcum.......and wont go back!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: yea ell i dont rea;;y need one to catch fish!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :sleazy:

but i went from the fl8 straight to a marcum.......and wont go back!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
Same here. First an LX-5 now an LX-6. I think now if I was to upgrade i would go the route of a Hummingbird Helix-7.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Think mines the lx7???

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
After researching more the vex/marcum etc flasher's seem old school but trusty,more and more folks going with sonar these day's,$2500 me thinks my flasher is just fine,besides who wants to fish in these temps?

thanx for the input guyz.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After researching more the vex/marcum etc flasher's seem old school but trusty,more and more folks going with sonar these day's,$2500 me thinks my flasher is just fine,besides who wants to fish in these temps?

thanx for the input guyz.
:scratch: :scratch:$2500........ :scratch: i think i paid around 650 for my marcum lx7?????????

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I upgraded this year to a 12. Someone offered me the same amount of money I payed for the 12 to buy my 8.... but I opted to keep it for now as a backup.

The 12 sure is quiet compared to the 8
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I have the basic Marcum & it's fine for how often I get out. Got it for Xmas & it was $250 back then.
« Last Edit: January 01/22/22, 07:36:44 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon