Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Enamel Dutch Oven  (Read 2820 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always wanted one of those enamel coated colored 6 or 7 qt Dutch ovens.  Now I use an old aluminum/steel clad 6 qt pot.  Works good but may need to upgrade.  The bad part of it is pretty much all of them come from China including Lodge ones.  I am still looking.  They range from $60 - $300 with lots of them for under $100.  I heard that the real expensive ones which are out of my league are made in France.  Anyone know of a USA made one?
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 04:09:58 PM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I did not look into anything made in the US. But it's funny we were just discussing these over the weekend while I was cleaning our 5.5 qt unit out of China.  Which has worked fine for lots of years but it needs a deep cleaning. I asked the wife if we can season it but looks like bleach water is what they recommend to clean it up nice. As I was responding to this the wife was looking it up and turns out these cheaper ones call for pre heating before using... no wonder.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also read that when you buy them new they have a coating of something on them and need to be warshed with soap and water thoroughly or when you first heat them up they will turn brown.  They also said don't heat them up dry.  I want to buy one but tried the USA thing first.  I found a nice one that includes a 1.5 qt little one with it and it was only $75 or so.  That isn't bad. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you using an enamel on Bobb? 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve got an enamel one I bought at either Sam Club or Costco. I’m sure it is from China, but  really like it.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you using an enamel on Bobb?
Yep,  it's worked great, the only thing that has stuck to the bottom were cream based soups that the temp had gotten to high.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Vinegar & water is our hard core cleaner of choice in the kitchen usually. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the Rachael Ray 3 in one Dutch oven. I love it, it can be used as a Dutch oven, a big pot and the best is the lid is also a cast iron skillet. The enamel on the pot side is a little stained but I’ve never tried scrubbing it so not to harm the enamel.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we had one of them dutch oven thingy's at one time. had to have it ya know. it was one of them cast iron jobs with the handle you could put on a fire. never used it and sold it pennies on the dollar!!!!! :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never had one
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Use ours quite a bit, mainly the top for a fry pan, it's all cast iron.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes like that one DK.  May have to splurge on one.  Don't tell the wife Glenn.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yes like that one DK.  May have to splurge on one.  Don't tell the wife Glenn.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :evil: :evil:

i dont gotta deal with her...you do!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!