Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dewalt Chainsaw and Trail Maintenance  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Everyone!
Used and abused my Dewalt 20V chainsaw. This thing is super impressive and now I only break out the gas saw if I am sawing big wood all day. Video comes with a little snowmobile tour of the trails we have cut so far. All done by chainsaws over the last 3 years.
Hope you Enjoy.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool video Hills. That and the Dewalt pole saw on my wish list right now, probably the pole saw first. Thanks for sharing. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Cool video Hills. That and the Dewalt pole saw on my wish list right now, probably the pole saw first. Thanks for sharing. :happy1: :happy1:
my son has one of them dewalt pole saws. he let me use it to trim a tree in my yard last summer. that thing works really slick.  :happy1: it gets a bit heavy when its all in one piece.

not sure if i'd buy a cordless chainsaw  :scratch: it be nice and light for trimming though???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got some friends that have that saw and love it!!   good video, thanks!! 

the dog wagging his tail when in FF was funny!! 

I have the dewalt sawz all and use that for trimming and it works good for me here...   :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/06/22, 09:59:56 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see next weeks FF add has the 60V Dewalt chain saw $70.00 off for those interested...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to know. I've been contemplating making a move on one for a while. Seems like there's always some storm damage or a weed tree that needs to be dealt with.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/22, 12:50:07 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got some friends that have that saw and love it!!   good video, thanks!! 

the dog wagging his tail when in FF was funny!! 

I have the dewalt sawz all and use that for trimming and it works good for me here...   :happy1:
got me one of those sawz all's to. Comes in handy now and then. I have one blade earmarked for cutting up deer! :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the 60V Dewalt, use it all the time. Great saw!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've got the 20v chainsaw and love it. Like Smokey says, its not for the big stuff but anything 8" and under it great. 1 tank of bar oil per every 4ah battery.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Price on the 20 volt 12" at FF on sale in this week's ad is $229, includes battery & charger, pick up in store. In email ad but not the print ad... :scratch: The 60V 16" is not available at Owatonna but is in Mason City for $369. Not sure if it's on sale or not there. You guys up north get all the good sales... :pouty:
« Last Edit: February 02/06/22, 02:39:20 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Price on the 20 volt 12" at FF on sale in this week's ad is $229, includes battery & charger, pick up in store. In email ad but not the print ad... :scratch: The 60V 16" is not available at Owatonna but is in Mason City for $369. Not sure if it's on sale or not there. You guys up north get all the good sales... :pouty:

the 60v is supposed to be $70.00 off starting next Friday...  2-11-22  to  2-19-22
« Last Edit: February 02/07/22, 11:27:25 AM by mike89 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll keep my eyes open for that. I know delbert went the electric route but can't remember what brand he bought. My buddy used his Remington AC model to cut up a pickup load of birch (that's bitch for JB) when we were in Canada. Worked slick. Best of all, no one was killed or maimed!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: February 02/07/22, 11:59:06 AM by Dotch »

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
. Best of all, no one was killed or maimed!  :happy1:
By far safer to work with than it's gas counterpart.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to know SHB. The buddy I mentioned has a scar about 6" long on his thigh where the gas saw bit him.

And mikey, I see in the mailbox this noon on the front page of the FF circular the 60V 16" Dewalt chainsaw for $70 off you mentioned. Never will I doubt you again. If you say glenn really is a smurf, I believe you.  :rotflmao:

Seriously, I don't know what's up with FF sometimes. Used to be we got a paper circular every week just like clockwork. A few years ago they got away from that, saying if you still wanted a paper circular you could request it, which I did. We got them for a while & then they disappeared so I signed up for email notifications. Then they quit showing up. Had to look the damn things up online. Then all the sudden, the paper circulars started showing up again as did the email notifications. WTH?!? Someone there must not know if they're afoot or horseback.  :crazy: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we stopped getting them too,  about 5 weeks they started showing up in the mail!!   and so that was the add I got last Friday or Saturday!!  and I still get the emails too!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :confused: dont youz guyz pay attention when using a gas chainsaw???? :shocked: :rotflmao: :doah: my one and only thought when using one is where is that bar at!!!!!!!!

as far as FF...........that place is a freakin joke since the Mills family sold it!!!!!! rates up there almost along the lines of wallyworld and Amazon!!!!! :evil: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :confused: dont youz guyz pay attention when using a gas chainsaw???? :shocked: :rotflmao: :doah: my one and only thought when using one is where is that bar at!!!!!!!!

as far as FF...........that place is a freakin joke since the Mills family sold it!!!!!! rates up there almost along the lines of wallyworld and Amazon!!!!! :evil: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao:

no one said it wasn't...   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Guess he'd rather have the mask police chase him around Menards mikey... :police:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :confused: dont youz guyz pay attention when using a gas chainsaw???? :shocked: :rotflmao: :doah: my one and only thought when using one is where is
Got a three inch scar on my. knee from my saw swinging back toward me as I cut through and dropped a widowmaker. Shouldn’t have happened. I broke my routine. Usually i put on chaps, cut wood, and split wood. This time I split wood, grabbed the saw and headed to the woods to cut trees without chaps. Lots of blood and no serious problems. But it sure rippled up a pair of jeans. It also trminded me to s’more aware of things.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :doah: I hear this place https://www.yelp.com/biz/teals-market-cold-spring-2 has REALLY went down hill lately too!!!  :sleazy: :nerd: :mooning: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:         
« Last Edit: February 02/08/22, 06:55:12 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :doah: I hear this place https://www.yelp.com/biz/teals-market-cold-spring-2 has REALLY went down hill lately too!!!  :sleazy: :nerd: :mooning: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:         
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :tut: best go in and get them hearing aids readjusted!!!!! :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :confused: dont youz guyz pay attention when using a gas chainsaw???? :shocked: :rotflmao: :doah: my one and only thought when using one is where is
Got a three inch scar on my. knee from my saw swinging back toward me as I cut through and dropped a widowmaker. Shouldn’t have happened. I broke my routine. Usually i put on chaps, cut wood, and split wood. This time I split wood, grabbed the saw and headed to the woods to cut trees without chaps. Lots of blood and no serious problems. But it sure rippled up a pair of jeans. It also trminded me to s’more aware of things.
i was pretty much slinging mud there........ i know things can happen in a hell of a hurry.

i've had jobs all my life that were somewhat dangerous with heavy equipment and big machines....saftey has been drilled into me since i was 18.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I learned early on how dangerous it was around the farm. I don't remember it but when I was 3, I fell in the feed wagon on a scoop shovel & had a cut above my right eye. Wondered for many years how I got it. Was run over by a sheep when I was 4 and kicked by a pony when I was 5. Same year I got stung by a nest of bees. Almost cut a finger off with a bean hook used for volunteer corn when I was 9. My wife doesn't do blood very well. 8 years ago, I got caught above the left eye by a ewe. She suddenly raised her head up when I leaned over a panel to grab a hanging feed pan & wham! I saw stars. ~3/4" long gash that bled like a stuck hog. When my wife saw me walking to the house all blood, she freaked out and ran the other way, yelling "Go in the house and get a wet towel! Get in the car! I'll drive you to the emergency room!" As you said glenn, happens in a hurry.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes it does, suddenly pow!!!  instant injury...  ouch...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Think we still have 2 of my dad's first chainsaws at the cabin yet, we don't use them anymore but those don't have that safety chain brake like the newer ones nowadays do.

They've come along ways with safety stuff. Some of it's a real big pain in the kiester though.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
They've come along ways with safety stuff. Some of it's a real big pain in the kiester though.
[/quote]

Yes, like those dam gas cans.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes, like those dam gas cans.
[/quote]

oh yes!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen them new gas cans... Yea they don't look fun. I shouldn't ever need a new one, hopefully. :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I have a Milwaukee cordless with a 16" blade. I was skeptical at first but i've been won over. I'll buy most any small electric tool that doesn't require that crappy corn gas that gums everything up. I went Milwaukee because I already have a bunch of their battery operated stuff.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093