Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: College hockey.  (Read 2100 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      We finally get to watch our most favorite hockey team play. MSU Mankato has their home games on TV.  This is great.
      Last weekend (13th and 14th) we got to watch them sweep St. Cloud State. This weekend we got to watch them get swept by UMass. Not so much fun. My wife and I still enjoyed it, though.
      We won't get to see them play again till the 17th, I believe.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Gophers have been on channel 9 the last 2 Fridays preempting Rasslin.  :embarrassed:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The Gophers have been on channel 9 the last 2 Fridays preempting Rasslin.  :embarrassed:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: poor dutchy!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: poor dutchy!!!!!!!!

It's not easy being me Glenn.   :rotflmao:

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Good game Friday night. St. Thomas at MSU Mankato. Each team has a 5 minute major in the first period. Mavericks are up 2-1, end of the first.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers beat Ohio St. last nite 5-4 but had trouble putting them away. Just happy to beat Ohio St. at anything. They deserve it.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      No idea why but I haven't liked Ohio State ever since the Woody Hayes days.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Looks like a good night to munch on some popcorn, drink a couple of beers and watch my MSU Mankato Mavericks play Ferris State.
      Just 5 minutes in to the 1st period, Mavs up 1-0.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers swept Ohio St. last weekend. Highlight was the typical Ohio St. sportsmanship exhibited by Thiesing spearing Snuggerud while he was standing on the bench. Good thing the ref grabbed Thiesing and flattened him before all hell broke loose.

https://www.aol.com/news/gophers-jimmy-snuggerud-speared-weekend-172031709.html

At Michigan St. Friday 5 p.m. (BTN+) & Saturday 3 p.m. on BTN.

Gophers have won 5 straight & may be coming around. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gophers swept Ohio St. last weekend. Highlight was the typical Ohio St. sportsmanship exhibited by Thiesing spearing Snuggerud while he was standing on the bench. Good thing the ref grabbed Thiesing and flattened him before all hell broke loose.

https://www.aol.com/news/gophers-jimmy-snuggerud-speared-weekend-172031709.html

At Michigan St. Friday 5 p.m. (BTN+) & Saturday 3 p.m. on BTN.
Gophers have won 5 straight & may be coming around.

Let’s hope so for a team that was ranked #1 at the beginning of the season.
I guess that you start peaking this time of year instead of November.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Mens college hockey is fun but lets face it.....nothin means nothin until the play-offs roll around. The elite teams lose so many kids to the junior tournament and pro hockey it's a miracle they can reload every year.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      I still watch my Mavericks. Couldn't care less about any pro teams in any sport. Every game matters to those who play hard.
      After one period, MSU leads Northern Michigan, 1-0.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers bounce back and win 5-1 at East Lansing. Pretty well dominated this game after blowing it & losing 3-2 in the last 4 seconds last nite. Seemed like they were on a mission tonite. Now the Gopher men's basketball team, not so much. Down 14 at the half... :puke:

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Different teams on Saturday. Mavs and Wildcats tied 2-2 on Friday night. Mavs seemed more hungry Saturday night. Mavs won 4-0. At least three 5- minute majors. Northern Michigan got one with 6.3 seconds left in the game.
      The season is getting shorter and points are getting more important.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers pull off a sweep and shutout Penn St. for the weekend. They're 10-2-1 since Jan. 1st. This team appears to be surging while Bucky & Sparty are sputtering moreso. Butts are back in the seats at Mariucci altho the B1G rivalries are still halfast. It is always a good thing however to pound on Michigan and Ohio St. in any sport including horseshoes or tiddly winks.  :coffee:

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      MSU Mavericks split with Michigan Tech in Houghton, MI over the weekend. Mavs are in first place in the CCHA but not by much. St. Thomas is right there with them.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Hockey! Lake Superior play my Mavericks. Mavs in a 3-way tie for second.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers are idle this weekend. Play again next Friday & Saturday at Mariucci vs. Michigan. Both games will be on BTN, not Peacock. Odd. :scratch:

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Nor sure what my Mavs are up to. They were off last week. After one they're down 3-1.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Another hockey night. Mavs lost last night 4-3
 The look sharper tonight. 1-1 after 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gophers men play tomorrow night at 8 against Michigan at home in the big 10 semi final....go rodents!!!!

hopefully i wont be to full of beer so i can watch!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: MEH..............who cares about Gopher hockey.............they're a lot like the Vikings anymore.................. in that it's usually wait 'til next year for them too. :sleazy: :evil:            :nerd: :rolleyes:  :laugh:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/24, 08:11:10 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      I think my MSU Mankato Mavericks are at Michigan Tech tonight. CCHA semi-finals.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      My Mavs lost. Still proud of them.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers are down 1 zip,  but should turn it around after the first intermission.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:i see  where 9 gopher hockey players made the all big 10 academic list!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They have to go to class too? :crazy:         :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:           ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Mavericks team captain signed with the Calgary Flame.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gopher mens hockey ........tonight 7;30 pn on ESPNU..........hope i get it???? :scratch: :happy1:
« Last Edit: Today at 11:36:49 AM by glenn57 »