Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 172054 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see they play at noonish today.  Good way to kill an afternoon.   :sleazy:
watching paint dry would be more entertaining!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Pretty close. That is also during my after lunch nap time so will fit right in.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/23, 12:39:05 PM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
watching paint dry would be more entertaining!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Don't you have some more dead stuff to pull out of the garden anyway. :sleazy: :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Don't you have some more dead stuff to pull out of the garden anyway. :sleazy: :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: naw i'm kakin salsa outta da garden stuff!!!!!!!  :mooning: :mooning:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins are .592 since the All-Star Break.   :scratch:

Still a "Jekyll and Hyde" team in what is supposed to be the easiest schedule in baseball the rest of the way.    :doah:

Twins sweep A's (July 14-16) :happy1:
Twins split 4 with Mariners (July 17-20) :coffee:
Twins sweep White Sox (July 21-23) :cool:
Twins lose 2 of 3 to the Mariners (July 24-26) :undecided:
Twins swept by KC (July 28-30)  :embarrassed:
Twins win 2 of 3 against Cardinals (Aug 1-3) :azn:
Twins sweep Diamond Backs (Aug 4-6)  :bow:
Twins lose 3 of 4 to Detroit (Aug 7-10) :puke:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They still are in first place. Nothing else matters
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're 5-5 for their last 10 games, that ties Detroit & KC for the best record in the division. Cleveland got walked off in TB last night & are 3-7 for their last 10.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see in the Strib they are calling it a 13-2 "romp".  The wife said is was an azz kicking.  LOL

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They're 5-5 for their last 10 games, that ties Detroit & KC for the best record in the division. Cleveland got walked off in TB last night & are 3-7 for their last 10.
Either they're the best of the worst, or the worst of the best.  It doesn't really matter.   :coffee:

I see in the Strib they are calling it a 13-2 "romp".  The wife said is was an azz kicking.  LOL
I thought a "romp" was when both sides had a little fun...  :sleazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This is where I eat my hat...

We Owe Max Kepler and Emilio Pagan an Apology

Max Kepler and Emilio Pagán were left for dead by most Twins fans just a month ago. They have both been proving fans wrong and providing immeasurable value to a team that desperately needs it.
Well, since that back-breaking home run that he allowed on that June night in Toronto, Pagán has shown what his ceiling can be. In the 23 appearances since that game, Pagán has posted a 1.59 ERA with 21 strikeouts and eight walks.
Since the 0-for-4 performance on June 11, Kepler owns a .853 OPS in 48 games with 11 home runs and 26 RBI in 168 plate appearances.
So, Max and Emilio, on behalf of all of Twins Territory… We are sorry!  Most of us wanted you gone, and you have proven us wrong. We just hope that you continue to prove us wrong, because the Twins will need you both down the stretch.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lopez!! :bow: Gallo has 4 hits??  :crazy:
« Last Edit: August 08/13/23, 06:41:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Lopez has been good in 90% of his starts so we shouldn't be surprised. Gallo is putting up the numbers he always puts up....low average, monstrous homeruns, tons of strikeouts with above average defense. Nobody should be surprised by his numbers either.

August 13th, Twins are still in first place.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree on Lopez, he's been good except for 1, maybe 2, starts IMO. But Gallo didn't even know when he last had 4 hits in a game in the postgame interview with Audra. He actually said it might've been in the minors, but Timmy & Katie already had that fact as soon as the game ended & it was May of 2019. He actually went to LF on the 1st HR. :shocked: I'd love to see more of that. :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins pitching gives up 13 to the Phillies Friday night and 1 run combined Saturday & Sunday. Still a few open seats on the bandwagon for the naysayers.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Tim Laudner also referred to them as a Jekylle and Hyde team in the post game show today - and to expect more of that the rest if the way.

No, they aren't out of it, but they are still playing .500-ish baseball.

With some of the new guys heating up, it will be very interesting to see what they do with Buxton when he comes back.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Buxton will play when he's ready.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lewis has been with the Saints since Tuesday, so he could be back soon. Some nice work by Thielbar today to get Jax out of a jam. They're off 3 times in the next week.  :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they play Tue Wed and Fri.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they're off next Monday too. It's 2 with Detroit, then 3 with the Pirates, before going to Milwaukee for 2. A big homestand after that has 'em playing 4 with the Rangers & 3 with the Guardians.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Buxton will play when he's ready.
That's what I'm afraid of.  A nicked-up Donovan Solano went 3 for 5 yesterday as DH.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I read 1 pc recently where it was suggested that with Lewis coming back soon, he'll go back to playing 3rd. They can use his bat, especially against lefties IMO. That then moves Polanco to 2nd, so in order to keep Julien's bat in the lineup Rocco would platoon him at DH.  :scratch: :confused:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Y'all know I don't know nothin' about nothin', but with the way this team hits, don't you have to find places for the players with the hot bats?   :confused:

Bremmer says they've been giving Correa more "time off his feet," but what does that really mean?  Is it two sides of the same coin?  Yeah, they want him fresh for the playoffs, but maybe that old ankle injury is affecting his hitting.  :scratch:  Still, I don't see any player getting hot enough to knock Correa out of the lineup.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i got more fsith in the Vikings winning the super bowl then the Twins winnung a first round playoff series!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
i got more fsith in the Vikings winning the super bowl then the Twins winnung a first round playoff series!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao:

Glenn, you day drinking or just boning up on your Boranese  :confused:  :rotflmao: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn, you day drinking or just boning up on your Boranese  :confused:  :rotflmao:
nope on the drinking.......and maybe!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins trade Willi Castro for Royce Lewis in never-ending revolving IL door

Royce Lewis is finally back with the Twins!

Activating Lewis comes at a price, though. To make room the Twins made a corresponding move to place utilityman Willi Castro on the 15-day IL.

Castro’s injury is being classified as a ‘mild oblique strain’, and it’s unclear when he’ll be back with the club. Much like Lewis, Castro is expected to complete a rehab assignment at Triple-A St. Paul before returning to the Twins, at which point another move will need to be made to make room.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's too bad.  Castro and Taylor seem to be pretty darn good.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Taylor isn't going anywhere, he's too good in CF. Castro will be back soon too, his versatility in the field allows Rocco to make a lot moves when they're batting. Plus, he leads 'em in stolen bases. Lewis at 3rd, Polanco at 2nd, & Solano at DH last night. Wallner was sitting on that fastball & when it got a little more of the plate than they wanted, he crushed it.  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: August 08/16/23, 08:22:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was a fun game.