Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 107780 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If the Padres gave up 4 players to get Hader (including ex-Twin's closer Taylor Rogers) do they still have enough trade bait to stay in the race for Juan Soto?

Does the Hader deal makes the Dodgers the odds-on favorite to land Soto now?

Yeah, it was a nail biter last night.  I was bemoaning that ball-six-inches-off-the-plate strike call for the first out in the bottom of the eighth the rest of the game. 

Its easy to say that if Contreras would have got the walk, that we would have been up 3-2.  But I also think, that if Contreras walks, and Fulmer giving up 3 straight hits, Soto comes in one batter sooner to face Miranda.  If Miranda doesn't get that hit, we're still down 1-2.

All's well that ends well.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen where Soto & Bell are going to SD too, for 4 #1's or former #1 picks. Twins are working on closing a deal for the Orioles closer, Jorge Lopez. We're sending them 4 pitchers, only Cano has any MLB experience. Lopez doesn't become a FA until after the 2024 season. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They picked up a starter and a closer today. Better than I thought they would do. They still need to explain why china doll can't play everyday. I'm hoping they can grab a catcher before the deadline also.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Gunner 3 of the 4 pitchers we are sending them are on the practice squad?  Is the guy we are getting any good?  Hope so.  We are getting another pitcher too you say Dutch?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Lopez the closer from Baltimore.
Mahle the starter from the Reds.
Fulmer a reliever from the Tigers.

Going to be a new look bullpen. Don't know how good it will be but some guys will be gone.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy.  Will Fulmer be dressed for the Twins tonight against his old team?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Crazy.  Will Fulmer be dressed for the Twins tonight against his old team?

I assume so, all he needed to do was walk across the field.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So Gunner 3 of the 4 pitchers we are sending them are on the practice squad?  Is the guy we are getting any good?  Hope so.  We are getting another pitcher too you say Dutch?
A little more on that trade https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34334080/sources-minnesota-twins-finalizing-deal-baltimore-orioles-closer-jorge-lopez

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some tough luck pitching by Jax last night. A BB, 2 infield hits, 2 singles, & he gives up 3 runs to get the L. He's been our most consistent reliever most of the season IMO too. :rolleyes: Twins had their chances, 0-8 w/RISP. That loses in MLB at least 90% of the time. :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/22, 05:56:26 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They picked up a starter and a closer today. Better than I thought they would do. They still need to explain why china doll can't play everyday. I'm hoping they can grab a catcher before the deadline also.

Twins add catcher depth in trade with Cleveland

In a trade with the division rival Cleveland Guardians, the Twins acquired catcher Sandy Leon.

Leon has played parts of the past 11 seasons in the majors, including stops in Washington, Boston, Miami and Cleveland. He’s got more than 500 games of MLB experience but has played just eight this year.

The twins did it all.  They added 1 starter, 2 relievers (including an apparent closer), and a backup catcher.  AND they didn't trade anything away from their Major League roster.  Who'd a thunk?   :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: He had a really nice game, going 2 for 3 & driving in the 1st 2 runs, today too. :cool:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins got "Bad" Pagan last night.  And Megill and Duffy didn't seem to get the message either, that adding two new reliever was supposed to light a fire under everyone's  :moon:.  But Toronto is a good team and you can't win 'em all.

New starter, Tyler Mahle, tonight!  Let's see what happens.  :popcorn:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gray wasn't his sharpest either, barely throwing 50% strikes(50/96), but he managed to make a pitch when he needed. He only gave up 1 hit & no runs in his 5 innings of work. The Blue Jays have been 1 of the hottest teams in MLB for the last 2 weeks or so, I'd love to see them even just split the series with 'em. Best thing about last night's game is that it was their 1st sellout in a while. :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Gray wasn't his sharpest either, barely throwing 50% strikes(50/96), but he managed to make a pitch when he needed. He only gave up 1 hit & no runs in his 5 innings of work. The Blue Jays have been 1 of the hottest teams in MLB for the last 2 weeks or so, I'd love to see them even just split the series with 'em. Best thing about last night's game is that it was their 1st sellout in a while. :cool:

The sellout had more to do with the concert afterwards than watching the Twins get knocked around like a Piñata again.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We stopped down at Winners for a couple beers and a bite to eat and one of the gals bartending said she was at the game.... For the concert. Not sure who the band was however. :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not really a country music guy here db, so I guess it's easy for me to forget about a guy, Cole Swindell :huh:, I've never heard of before. :rolleyes: Nice win last night, Gordon had a 3 run HR as well as scoring the game winner. Mahle looked good in his 1st Twins start as well but Rocco almost left him in for a couple batters too many. A lot of loud Blue Jay fans in another nice crowd of 29,563. Gametime tonight is 6:10
« Last Edit: August 08/06/22, 07:36:53 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that the Twins waived Duffy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Looks like they made quite a few moves to the pitching staff. https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/transactions/_/name/min/minnesota-twins. Good to see Arraez get his bat going again with 3 hits. Polanco, Miranda, & Gorden all had 2 knocks a pc too. The 2 runs in the 8th were really nice to see. I'm not sure what game LPS was watching last night :scratch: but I didn't see any sign of Duffy :confused: & the boxscore says the same thing. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they made quite a few moves to the pitching staff. https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/transactions/_/name/min/minnesota-twins. Good to see Arraez get his bat going again with 3 hits. Polanco, Miranda, & Gorden all had 2 knocks a pc too. The 2 runs in the 8th were really nice to see. I'm not sure what game LPS was watching last night :scratch: but I didn't see any sign of Duffy :confused: & the boxscore says the same thing. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
maybe LPS had to much firewater!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was flowing.  Maybe that was a replay that we watched last night.  LOL  Was with the Blue Jays.  ????  Just saw the last couple of innings.  We won.   ???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We were in and out.  Mayhaps it was replays of him for a minute.  ???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OH the wife figured it out for me.  I was getting Duffy and Bundy mixed up. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: at least your wife like sports at least a little. my wife wouldn't know the difference between Duffey or Alan Page!!!!!! :surrender: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Alan Page is a judge in Murderopolis and Duffy will be pitching for the Meisville Mudhens next year.

I know my sports.  :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Alan Page is a judge in Murderopolis and Duffy will be pitching for the Meisville Mudhens next year.

I know my sports.  :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

i think page retired....did he not!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya she is pretty sharp.  She is a real Vikings fan too.  Fun to watch Vikes games with her too.  She knows the Twins pretty good too.  Used to listen to Twins games on the radio with her Dad when he was still with us. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Bundy the relative of glenn's hero Al  :rolleyes: :smiley:, confused with Tyler DuffY?? :crazy: :doah:     ;) :laugh: :laugh:             

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Bundy the relative of glenn's hero Al  :rolleyes: :smiley:, confused with Tyler DuffY?? :crazy: :doah:     ;) :laugh: :laugh:             
HEY.... :tut: :tut: don't be dissing my hero favorite TV dad!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is what she said.  You mean Al?  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rocco was pretty PO'ed when they changed that call at home plate in the last game against the Blue Jays. Personally, when I 1st seen it I thought it was interference too but that is hardly ever called these days. :confused: Late game out in Disneyland tonight, 9:10 our time, Ryan gets the ball.