Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 107808 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Reports: Twins 'renewed contact' with Carlos Correa's agent

The plot thickens.

The Minnesota Twins have "renewed contact" with agent Scott Boras while the New York Mets continue to negotiate a deal for star shortstop Carlos Correa.

It's unclear how the Twins feel about the [ankle injury', but Heyman says the "unresolved issues" with the Mets have led Boras "to check in with other teams," and the Twins "were one of the teams in some contact with Boras."

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
When you think of "Diva's" in the sports world these "insiders" should immediately pop into mind. The guys like Rosenthal, Heyman, Bowden all throw mud against the wall to see what sticks. I wouldn't be surprised if Boris wasn't paying them.

I don't see Correa coming to the Twins on anything but a 1 year or like he did last year.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When you think of "Diva's" in the sports world these "insiders" should immediately pop into mind. The guys like Rosenthal, Heyman, Bowden all throw mud against the wall to see what sticks. I wouldn't be surprised if Boris wasn't paying them.

I don't see Correa coming to the Twins on anything but a 1 year or like he did last year.

They'd prolly take 'em back for the same money as he was going to make before he opted out.  Still, there is a part of me that hopes the offer him less - if it comes down to that.  I sure as h3!! wouldn't pay him more than his old contract.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Carlos Correa agrees to third free-agent deal amid injury concerns

Correa's deal reportedly worth $150 million less than Giants' and $115 million less than Mets' offer

Correa is set to rejoin the Minnesota Twins on a six-year, $200 million contract, ESPN reported Tuesday, pending the completion of a physical.

The Twins have yet to announce the deal.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Seen it come across the TV ~ 4 today, so it must be official :scratch:, 6 yrs/$200 mil with incentives of ~ $20.  :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Guess I was wrong.

Flashing back to last off season Correa / Boris were after a 300 million contract.
Last year they got 35 million of that.
Today they got another 200 million.
There also are another 70 million in extensions & options in play.
Do the math.....no matter what or how, Boris did his job.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess I was wrong.

Flashing back to last off season Correa / Boris were after a 300 million contract.
Last year they got 35 million of that.
Today they got another 200 million.
There also are another 70 million in extensions & options in play.
Do the math.....no matter what or how, Boris did his job.

Yup...

Carlos Correa boomerangs to Twins after Giants, Mets nix deals

So Correa instead made a deal with the Twins. He agreed to a deal that fully guarantees $200M over the same six years and adds four more years at a potential additional $70M based on plate appearances. The Twins’ front-loaded arrangement was appealing...

The Mets also were willing to fully guarantee the first six years, but that would be at $157.5M, and they proposed new conditions Correa’s camp saw as more difficult to reach, involving not just plate appearances but time in the field. While the Mets’ newly reconfigured deal might still have been called a potential $315M for 12 years, the last six years, just like with the Twins deal, would have been less than fully guaranteed.

One difference in the Twins and Mets deals is that Correa will be paid at the rate of $33.33M by the Twins in the six guaranteed years while he would have been paid $26.25M in the Mets’ offer.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: effin Twins!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087 think i'll become a cubs fan!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya gotta give sumthin' to get sumthin'.  I hope they guessed right this time and don't end up with ANOTHER pitcher who is on the verge of breaking down or tests positive for steroids in spring training.

Infield hitting *might* have been considered a strength on paper, but those players have to stay healthy, which has been something that this Twin's regime has struggled preserving.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kirilloff should be ready to go. If healthy he will be .320 with 25 HR, 90 RBI

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
They needed another good starting pitch more than a singles hitter. Also got a top 100 minor league player.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins have 4 minor league prospects ranked in the top 100. 2 infielders, 1 pitcher, and 1 outfielder.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Miranda showed he deserves to start too.
« Last Edit: January 01/22/23, 07:39:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They moved Miranda to 3rd when the gave Urshela away and cut the Fat Kid.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Urshela was probably going to walk after this year anyway, so it's the old too much $ for too little control story there IMO. He's still unsigned too, he wants $10 & they've offered $8.4. I'm sure Miranda's play made it easier to let him go & at least get something in return. :scratch: I do think they might've been able to do better though, as he had a really good year for the Twins, but that also means more $ in his new deal too.
« Last Edit: January 01/21/23, 08:09:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Third will be noticeably weaker  IMO. Miranda has been a nice story to this point but he needs to prove it some more for me to be 100% in on him. He could be another Sano, flash, fizzle & done. Or Kepler without the glove.

We will see I guess.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Trading him really surprised me at first. But after reading more about it makes sense.  He was fun to watch that's for sure.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I just hope the clubhouse continues to have good chemistry after he is gone.

Now I will always be watching his career with interest.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Twins are acquiring centerfielder Michael A. Taylor in a trade with the Kansas City Royals. The Twins are sending Kansas minor league pitchers Evan Sisk and Steven Cruz.

They've also added outfielder Joey Gallo to the lineup in free agency. The addition of Gallo and now Taylor will increase the likelihood that the Twins will trade Max Kepler.
« Last Edit: January 01/23/23, 08:28:42 PM by KEN W »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A little more on the Arraez trade https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/scouting-reports-on-jose-salas-byron-chourio-heading-to-the-twins-in-luis-arraez-trade/. Both the young guys are expected to be at least a year or 2 away. :scratch: 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Twins are acquiring centerfielder Michael A. Taylor in a trade with the Kansas City Royals. The Twins are sending Kansas minor league pitchers Evan Sisk and Steven Cruz.

They've also added outfielder Joey Gallo to the lineup in free agency. The addition of Gallo and now Taylor will increase the likelihood that the Twins will trade Max Kepler.

Hmmm...   :scratch:

The Twins NEED pitching and have been trying to build up a farm system from an empty cupboard.

The Twins seem to have pretty good outfielding.

So they trade two farm system pitchers for another outfielder - so that they can trade another outfielder for something else?   :confused:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we need to see what this looks like when they are finished making moves.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: For 1 thing, all 3 of the OF starters have won Gold Gloves & Taylor's was in CF. So, if/when Buxton goes down again, they have a solid backup. Gallo has 2 GGs in RF but played LF last season & is more than capable in CF as well. Larnach will be in the mix in LF IMO too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
With all those skilled outfielders...  are they planning on having another pitch-to-contact pitching staff this season?   :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
as long as the Pohlad family has any ties to the Twins.............there not going anywhere!!!!!!!11 :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no clue how much the Twins make or lose every year.  Or perhaps like a lot of pro sports teams owners...  they really don't make their big profits until they sell the franchise at 10x or 50x or 100x what they paid for it.

All that said, if I owned the team, I'd probably run it like a business too, watching the bottom line year over year.  And you probably would too.

Problem is in baseball, some teams have bigger TV contracts and some teams have owners with more money than the Pohlads and don't care if they spend it all on a winning baseball team. 

So, yeah, maybe the Twins won't ever be going anywhere with these owners.  But every once in a while a bunch of over-achievers pop up and makes the season a little more fun.

Like the song says:  "...if they don't win its a shame."  Its still one helluva pass time!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With all those skilled outfielders...  are they planning on having another pitch-to-contact pitching staff this season?   :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
:tut: Bundy & Archer are gone, besides that was more of Gardy philosophy...........................wish they'd been able to keep Wes Johnson though. :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/24/23, 03:29:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
THE problem with baseball is that there is no salary cap like football. So as steve said.....big local TV contracts make the difference. Look at football. Every team has an equal chance to have good players. Spend your money smartly and every team has a chance.

Baseball is..... the rich sign whoever they want and the low population teams get what is left. Will never change as the rich won't let it.