Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 107955 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The MLB Season Opener is tomorrow & for the 1st time ever all 30 teams are starting on the same day. The Twins are in KC @ 3:10 tomorrow, it doesn't look like it's on TV though. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 09:30:10 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The bigger news is Buxton should be healthy for game 2 unless he needs a rest day.   :pouty: :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Might depend on who the day 2 starter for KC is too, as they have 2 leftys, Larnach & Gordon, listed as DH on the depth chart.  :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked and it is on here.  Still on Bally Sports.  My fingers are crossed.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We don't get that down here, but when I looked yday I didn't see anything about it being on TV.  :scratch: Now, I see it does. :confused: I was wondering what was going on as according to this they are covering almost all the games that somebody else isn't. https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/twins/amid-bankruptcy-bally-sports-north-plans-to-televise-153-twins-games
« Last Edit: March 03/30/23, 07:52:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Opening day victory for our 1st place MN Twinkies! 
 :Clap: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :Clap: :toast:

I tuned in to watch a bit of it in the middle innings and happened to catch the best action.

Lopez worked out of a jam in the bottom of the 5th, bases loaded, 1 out, 3-0 count.  He got a grounder to first and got the double play.

Twins up in the 6th and Buxton legs out a triple.  He went on to score and the Twins got another run in the same inning.

It was bullpens the rest of the way for both teams and the game ended 2-0.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
1-161 record huh!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nice job by the pitchers but we can't forget it's the Royals. Buxton looked like Glenn rounding second, the speed burner of the past is over. Either that or he is hurt much worse than the Twinks are letting on.

Tough early schedule, hopefully they can hit better than last year. I'm positive the starters will be better and also sure Rocko will burn up the bullpen. Glad it's baseball season!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: I thought you had some Gopher hockey you were going to watch. :nerd:  :rolleyes: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/23, 06:54:24 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: I thought you had some Gopher hockey you were going to watch. :nerd:  :rolleyes: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: funny guy!!!!!!

:sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read a stat that  opening day baseball, stolen bases where way up. contributing factors with a pitcher only being allowed 2 pickoff attempts and the 3rd had to be an out and the bases being bigger, making the distance 4 1/2 ft shorter!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
just read a stat that  opening day baseball, stolen bases where way up. contributing factors with a pitcher only being allowed 2 pickoff attempts and the 3rd had to be an out and the bases being bigger, making the distance 4 1/2 ft shorter!!!!!
1st to 2nd is 4.5 INCHES shorter, not feet.   :embarrassed:

I know they made the bases bigger, but not that much bigger.   :bonk:

Home to 1st and 3rd to home are each 3" closer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :pouty: ok i misguided everyone!!!!!!! :bonk:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't know that bit about subsequent pick-off attempts.  I thought the pitcher was done done after 2, which would let the runner take as long as a lead as they wanted.  But that makes no sense either.

The pitcher can throw over again, but he better get the batter out, otherwise he is charged with a balk. 

And that applies to the pitcher just stepping off the rubber - whether they throw over or not.  Any time they step off, it counts as a disengagement - and they only get two free-ones.

See... you edu-ma-cated me.  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's funny Gunner! I do like the early season afternoon games, I haven't watched an inning yet so I'm sure it'll be different.  I get having Buxton not getting hurt, but paying him that much to be DH? Crazy. Kinda like Kaprizov only playing during power plays...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another 2-0 shutout yday, Buxton scored both runs. Gray got the win, & Ryan gets the ball today.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Interesting start for Buxton. Game 1 he looks like a plow horse running on his triple, game 2 he does a face plant sliding into second. Twins did the great escape yesterday. Gray wasn't very sharp.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We watched a lot of the game yesterday.  So nice to see the pace pick up.  I really liked Arriez sp but between every pitch he had to do his gloves and all of that.  Others did too.  Glad to not see that anymore.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We watched a lot of the game yesterday.  So nice to see the pace pick up.  I really liked Arriez sp but between every pitch he had to do his gloves and all of that.  Others did too.  Glad to not see that anymore.
:evil: mayhaps iffin you werent so glued to the game cooper wouldnt of helped himself to your supper goodies!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are right again.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You are right again.   :sleazy:
:rotflmao: well your dogs brother aint any better!!!!!!!! :doah: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
3-0 on the young season as they head for Miami. Gallo hit his first 2 homeruns today and the pitching was good enough although Pagan was shaky at the end.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So Pagan is picking up right where he left off, eh? :thumbs:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good thing they had a big lead.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing they had a big lead.
:scratch: & most likely why he got his 1st chance of the year too. :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another good start, only 2 needed out of the bullpen :cool:, along with 4 HR, & they're 4-0.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
apparently they think the Twinkies arent worth covering!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Instead of Welcome to Twins Territory, their new slogan should be Welcome to Fly-Over Territory.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
apparently they think the Twinkies arent worth covering!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah: No they're just...........................cheap  :moon: like you. :nerd: :evil:          :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: