Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 111118 times)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Just about anyone from St Paul can hit .147. And not strike out 3 out of 4 at bats.
« Last Edit: May 05/28/23, 06:16:16 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :huh: I thought Correa was just starting to hit in the last week again. In fact, he's been in 3 games in the last week & he's 4 for 11. :confused: Buxton, on the other hand, is just 4 for 21 in the last 7 days in which he's played 5 times. Buxton leads in K's too, 7 to 2, :pouty: but he did get a hit in his final at bat yday & sometimes that's all it takes.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/28/23, 07:43:20 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's a moot point. As long as both are healthy they play. You can argue that they should bat in different places in the order but you can't argue they stay in the lineup. Both are capable of 4-4, 2 homerun, 5 rbi days plus they are gold glove fielders. There is nobody like that in St. Paul.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Royce Lewis will be there shorty. He can outhit Correa. DH isn't difficult to fill.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Anybody who thinks that Royce Lewis at this point in his career is better than Correa is drinking the Kool-Aid. Lewis had a good audition but he hasn't proven squat yet. You can see Miranda at triple A.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Drinking the Kool Aid can be applied to letting Buxton and Correa hit under 200 with runners in scoring position. I guess we will see about Lewis and if their top 2 paid players start doing their jobs.

"The Minnesota Twins have a big decision coming as top prospect Royce Lewis is eligible to return from his rehab assignment Tomorrow.

Lewis is trying to make that decision an easy one as he launched another home run for the St. Paul Saints during a 14-1 win over Omaha on Saturday night."
« Last Edit: May 05/28/23, 11:24:51 AM by KEN W »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :scratch: what kind of kool-aid does one drink for the Twins??

I know it's the purple kool-aid with the Vikings.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what that would be.  BEER??? 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: what kind of kool-aid does one drink for the Twins??

I know it's the purple kool-aid with the Vikings.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Smurf Blue!!!!!!1  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:       
« Last Edit: May 05/28/23, 12:41:53 PM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Another shutout.....As I said.....Buxton again 0 for 4 and 3 more strikeouts. Same old. Same old. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Even the people in the stands were booing him after the third strikeout. I would be to. In fact I will have a chance. My family is going to the Twins/Cleveland game next Saturday. Will be my first time time at Target Field. Hope this hitting slump is over by then. :tut: :tut:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just think how happy you and your family would be to shell out the big bucks for tickets to have Buxton & Correa both sitting.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't matter who is on the field if they win. Especially against Cleveland.

Lewis and Keplar both activated today.
« Last Edit: May 05/29/23, 02:48:15 AM by KEN W »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Somehow the Twins manage to hold their two game lead.  Lewis and Jeffers picked them up yesterday.  Correa, not so much.  :thumbs:  0-for-5, BB, 2 K

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Jorge Polanco has been activated from the injured list and the Twins have optioned infielder Edouard Julien back to Triple-A St. Paul.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good game last night; scored 8 runs without Buxton and Correa in the lineup.   :scratch:

Varland was great, but it got a little dicey when Lopez gave up to solo homers and put two more men on base with no outs.   :doah:  However Stewart came in and struck out the side.   :happy1:

And that was all she wrote.   :Clap:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So just like the other night.  A pitcher comes in and gets 3 outs.  Then they take him out and let another guy pitch to 2 3 or 4 guys and put another guy in even if that pitcher did well.  I don't understand that yet as a fairly new Twins fan.  Leave him in if he is pitching well.   ?????

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
By rule each pitcher must face at least 3 batters. Rocco has a really quick hook and rarely lets a pitcher go more than 1 inning.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't say I disagree with Rocco when good relievers are hurt and others are not reliable in high leverage situations.  If they can get one full inning out of some of those guys without surrendering the lead, its a win for them.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Minnesota Twins, Arizona Diamondbacks, Cleveland Guardians and Texas Rangers have won their case against Diamond Sports Group in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, with the judge ruling in their favor to receive full payment for the 2023 season as is directed in the previously agreed-upon contracts.

Twins President Dave St. Peter revealed during testimony that Diamond inherited a 12-year contract that previous owner Fox Sports had agreed to with the Twins. That contract ends at the end of this MLB season, which meant contract extension negotiations have been held exclusively between Diamond and the Twins from March 2022 to the end of April 2023.

Earlier this week, Diamond relinquished telecasts rights to the San Diego Padres and Major League Baseball immediately stepped in began broadcasting Padres games the next day.
« Last Edit: June 06/02/23, 03:58:41 PM by KEN W »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Game isn't on Bally tonight. The French Open is.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't say I disagree with Rocco when good relievers are hurt and others are not reliable in high leverage situations.  If they can get one full inning out of some of those guys without surrendering the lead, its a win for them.
:scratch: Much more than about 20, maybe 25 pitches, & they're usually unavailable to pitch again for 2 days the way the game is played today. Most teams don't have that kind of depth in the bullpen to be able to get away with that too much & win.  :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Game isn't on Bally tonight. The French Open is.
ESPN says Apple TV+, 0-0 after 3.
« Last Edit: June 06/02/23, 07:52:11 PM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah......to bad I couldn't watch it. Well tonight it is on Fox and I will be at the stadium for the first time. Sonny Gray on the mound. Hopeing for a big win.

Will have to see if Buxton and Correa are back in the lineup.
« Last Edit: June 06/03/23, 08:08:05 AM by KEN W »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good time at the game, Ken.  Twins staring pitching gives fans a legit reason to go out to the ballpark and expect a good show.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 According to the injury report(ESPN), Buxton likely to miss mutiple games but Correa is listed as day-to-day. :scratch:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Gallo to the IL, Garlick called back up.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Cleveland hits only it's 34th & 35th HR of the season :rolleyes:, including the 1st 1 given up by Gray all season for a 4-2 win. Ryan gets the ball today, 1:10 1st pitch.
« Last Edit: June 06/04/23, 07:30:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Gray was not good yesterday. He gave up 10 hits in his 6 innings. If the Cleveland team wasn't such a bad hitting squad they would have pounded him.

Cleveland will remain the team to beat in this division because they have Franconia and he will get them squared away to make a run. Twins will regret not beating these guys up when they had the chance.

Up to Ryan to right the ship.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Francona too, they left 11 on base & were 0-8 w/RISP. :scratch: Hard to win very often like that.