Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 172463 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: One of our more reliable guys in the bullpen, Stewart, was put on the 15-day IL yday. :doah: Hope that's all it takes & he doesn't need surgery. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ryan shelled last night.  Served up 5 homers to the first 10 batters.  :doah:  So good one night and the next... not so much.

I don't know if it was bad location, no movement, or what, but Atlanta was ready for his fastball.  :surrender:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'm tired of watching this hitless bunch....3-0 again today. Wasted start by Maeada. Done with this. I have always recorded them and then started watching. I have stopped recording. Better things to do and to watch.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm tired of watching this hitless bunch....3-0 again today. Wasted start by Maeada. Done with this. I have always recorded them and then started watching. I have stopped recording. Better things to do and to watch.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Your going to miss that 15 game winning thats coming.   :doah:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I doubt it.

The player who sticks out like a sore thumb is Byron Buxton, who struck out swinging on head-high pitch and finished the day 1-for-4. It was Buxton's 21st hit since May 1, a stretch of awful performances that has led to a .161 batting average over his last 37 games.

Buxton isn't alone. Carlos Correa shouldered the blame after failing with runners in scoring position on Tuesday night. Max Kepler has been mostly incompetent at the plate and the likes of Joey Gallo, Christian Vazquez and Michael A. Taylor have been strikeout machines all season. 

Baldelli after today's game....."This is a challenge. This is an ultimatum for our team. These guys work their freaking asses off every day, but maybe we gotta work our asses off in a different way and have a different approach and a different mindset when we step out on the field," Baldelli said.
« Last Edit: June 06/28/23, 07:24:24 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he should try writing...

"No retreat.  No surrender."

On the whiteboard in the clubhouse.   :rotflmao: :bonk:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What can/should sports organizations do when they have a bunch of key players underperforming?  :confused:

Ya can't fire all the players.  :bonk:

In Paul Monitor, you had a guy who didn't (at least openly) pay much attention to sabermetrics.  BUT, he had a bunch of rag-tag players overperforming and made a charge to get into the playoffs.  :happy1:

In Baldelli, you have a guy who seems (on the surface) to mostly manage the game by the numbers and percentages - with a bunch of highly-paid, talented guys who are underperforming.
:thumbs:
Hmmmm.   :scratch: 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nothing they can do with the "stars" contracts. Just sit back, watch attendance drop and dream of what could of been.

BTW, I'm not a doom & gloom guy. I still think they win the division and then anything can happen.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was just thinkin'...  I like to go to a game or two every year, but there isn't anyone in the lineup I feel I want to see play.

There are a couple o starting pitchers worth watching, and Duran as well, but that is it.  Except to watch Correa play short...  he is really good at that.   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there's always the food court!!!!   sorry had too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Go and watch the future. Julien, Lewis, Wallner, Kirolloff Ryan.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
go on a hot day......watch and look at the scenery!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy:

heck you might even catch a glimpse of a few cougars!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
go on a hot day......watch and look at the scenery!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy:

heck you might even catch a glimpse of a few cougars!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

and there's that!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
After being spanked in Atlanta they are actually scoring (8-0) after 4.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he should try writing...

"No retreat.  No surrender."

On the whiteboard in the clubhouse.   :rotflmao: :bonk:
What do ya know...
Baldelli DID write something on the white board to motivate them...
"The season starts now!"
...and look at them hit tonight.

Actually I don't think it was Baldelli's inspirational message or linup changes as it was the player only meeting.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
FYI, no Peacock & want to check out the game just go to ESPN/MLB. Then it's either Gamecast for up to the minute coverage or you can do Play-by-Play to see what been going on. I can't do the whole game that way but will check in every now & then, myself.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just got back from the Falls so I checked and looks like we lost 2-1. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I listened on the radio while painting a bedroom.  Seems the offensive barrage after the players-only meeting and Baldelli's motivational message lasted for a total of 1 game.  Back to scoring 1 run per game.  Wasted yet another Sonny Gray outing.   :coffee:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lopez's record should be better than 4-5 IMO too. :rolleyes: He's only given up 49 runs in 17 games, 10 of those are Quality Starts. He's been among the league leaders in strikeouts all season as well. :pouty:
« Last Edit: July 07/04/23, 07:45:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun game last night.  5 runs seems to bw about the right cushion before you decide to throw Pagan in.   :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: Haven't seen 'em have an inning like that in a long time :cool:, probably at least early May. :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just not a fan of his.  You're right.  His stats aren't that bad since June.  He gave up runs in 3 of his last 10 outings.  His ERA only went up 0.25 in that span to 4.04.  I just don't trust him in high leverage situations. 

I also might have to eat my words about Twins hitting not lasting after players only meeting.  They looked good against the Royals, but then again, they are the Royals.  Anxious to see if they can keep it up when the Orioles come to town and post-All Start break.
« Last Edit: July 07/05/23, 10:06:35 AM by Steve-o »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
1 coaching change the Twins need to make before it’s too late

Not surprising...  :scratch:  its the hitting coach!  :bonk:

Perhaps the final nail in Popkins' coffin is the player's only meeting that happened after a series sweep by the Braves. Following that series, in which the Twins scored just three runs, players decided to take more control of the hitting game and the result has been phenomenal.

While the offense is still lacking from where it should be, the Twins came out of that player's only meeting by scoring 19 runs over the last four games and resulting in a 3-1 record.

It's hard to determine how much of that was the players and how much of it was adjustments by Popkins, but the evidence so far this season suggests it's more the former. There's still a lot of season left, but the Twins instant reversal of offensive fortunes after taking more control of the hitting game might mean the end of Popkins in Minnesota is near.

Time will tell if there is any fire behind all this smoke.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's a case of seeing what you want, not whats really there.

They barely scored in Baltimore who is in a tailspin recently. They are beating the Royals who would have a hard time consistently beating a college team.

They still can't hit although there are signs some guys might be breaking out somewhat. What hasn't changed is Rocco's insistence on sitting guys and platooning so many guys. If the hitting coach goes Rocco should be riding shotgun in the Prius out of town.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You don't like Rocco? :shocked: Him getting fired.........................I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes: He's under contract through 2025 & as long as they stay competitive in the division, he's not going anywhere IMO.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: You don't like Rocco? :shocked: Him getting fired.........................I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes: He's under contract through 2025 & as long as they stay competitive in the division, he's not going anywhere IMO.
the one thing i see in pro sports.........contracts dont mean diddley squat!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure was fun to see Lopez get a shutout last night.  Seems like a good guy too. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, ol' Rocco seems to be making some changes too.  Letting his starters go the full 9 innings - twice in one week?!?   :confused:

I know he probably wouldn't have done that if they weren't shutouts - especially right before the All Star Break, when his relievers would have had plenty of time to rest up - but it shows he is willing to adapt to the situation.  And the team seems to be responding. 

I don't know if they highlighted it in the TV broadcast, but on the radio they pointed out that when the Twins took the field in the 9th inning, they let Lopez walk out alone and take the mound before the rest of the team came out.  The crowd went wild.  And after the game Buxton brought out the home run vest for Lopez to wear during his post-game, on-field TV interview.

These boys might finally have a little somethin'-somethin' going on.  (But it is only the Royals. :doah: )  Whatever it is, I hope it carries over after the All Star Break.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen him in the vest afterwards, but I didn't catch where they let him walk out by himself. :cool: Actually, it was closer to 2 weeks, Steve-o, as Ryan's was on 6/22.