Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 184430 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The "Magic Number" is 2!   :happy1:

9 games left in the regular season.

« Last Edit: September 09/20/23, 02:42:10 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
KC beat Cleveland...

The Twins have an off-day tomorrow, but Cleveland plays.  If they lose again, its all over.   :cheerleader: :Clap: :happybounce:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Day off tomorrow. They could clinch if Cleveland loses tomorrow to Baltimore.

3 runs in the 9th to win it.

:happy1: :happy1:   :happy1:

Correa on the 10 day IR  :pouty:
« Last Edit: September 09/20/23, 04:08:20 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
3 starters against the Angels will probably be the first 3 in the playoffs.....

Lopez, Gray, and Ryan although Maeda has looked better thab Ryan lately.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What is WCS Gunner?
With the new format it's now the Wild Card Series, Division Series, League Championship Series, & of course the World Series.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I love it that the 9th inning rally started with a perfect bunt, a stolen base, & a bad throw from their catcher. :happy1: It's great to see 'em still be able to play a little small ball. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 09/21/23, 07:49:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually it was 4 stolen bases in the 9th.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the double steal was ballsy - especially with Vazquez as the trailer.

Hopefully there will be enough time for Correa and Lewis to get healthy.

And its been about a week now since we've heard anything about Buxton.  He got the shot in his knee, which was supposed to quiet things down.  They say - or are hoping - he could be ready for the playoffs, but I worry that he hasn't face big league pitching in a long time and he wasn't hitting well before that.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually Steve-o, I just read that he's going to play for the Saints today. https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/injuries/_/name/min/minnesota-twins  :scratch: Whether or not that includes playing CF it doesn't say. :confused: Probably not right away IMO.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back from GR just as the bottom of the 6th was finishing up :cool: & got to see Castro's HR start the comeback. :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of the St. Paul Saints...  Looking forward to watching this on Netflix.   :happy1:

‘The Saint of Second Chances’: Everything You Need to Know

The sports documentary tells the redemption story of baseball innovators Bill and Mike Veeck.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually Steve-o, I just read that he's going to play for the Saints today. https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/injuries/_/name/min/minnesota-twins  :scratch: Whether or not that includes playing CF it doesn't say. :confused: Probably not right away IMO.

Byron Buxton is again on the verge of returning to the Twins

Buxton will be the designated hitter for the Triple-A St. Paul Saints on Thursday night and he is expected to get three or four at-bats. The Saints' season ends on Sunday so if all goes well Buxton should be expected back with the Twins any day now.  Buxton has not played for the Twins since suffering a strained hamstring on Aug. 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: meh........there gonna get booted out the first round anyway!!!!!  :confused: :evil: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know...  This team is built a little different than all those other Twins playoff teams that were one-and-done's against the Yankees in 2019, 2017, 2010, 2009, 2004, and 2003.  (They were also one-and-done against Oakland in 2006.)
« Last Edit: September 09/21/23, 02:56:07 PM by Steve-o »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Plus, there's no NYY in the playoffs this year. :happybounce:  :cheerleader:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been watching the Cleveland scores. Now with the magic number at 1, Twins don't play today. Baltimore plays Cleveland who are 9 games back. Well, Detroit is 9 1/2 games back. So for the Twins to clinch....both Cleveland and Detroit need to lose today.

I would guess they would rather celebrate on the field tomorrow or whenever they play their next game. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Young team that I hope we can keep together. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Plus IF they could get healthy - and I know that is a big ask for this team...  they have some depth.

Miranda was a big part of their resurgence last year and they got nothing out of him this year.  You'd hope he could figure out how to turn that around next year.

Should get starting pitcher Tyler Mahle back next year to replace the departing Sonny Gray.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Detroit is 9 1/2 games back. So for the Twins to clinch....both Cleveland and Detroit need to lose today.
I've been so worried about those dangerous Guardians that I forgot all about those pesky Tigers.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Plus IF they could get healthy - and I know that is a big ask for this team...  they have some depth.

Miranda was a big part of their resurgence last year and they got nothing out of him this year.  You'd hope he could figure out how to turn that around next year.

Should get starting pitcher Tyler Mahle back next year to replace the departing Sonny Gray.

Miranda??????????? Where would you like to play him? Are you assuming Lewis takes a step backwards at third next year? DH? I'll pass there also. Unless that kid can catch I don't really see a viable position for him besides an extra stick on the bench. He lost his chance when he flopped this spring.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been watching the Cleveland scores. Now with the magic number at 1, Twins don't play today. Baltimore plays Cleveland who are 9 games back. Well, Detroit is 9 1/2 games back. So for the Twins to clinch....both Cleveland and Detroit need to lose today.

I would guess they would rather celebrate on the field tomorrow or whenever they play their next game. :happy1: :happy1:
I watched the O's/Cleveland game, Ken, it was on Fox. The O's bullpen couldn't get the job done in the 8th :rolleyes:, so it not gonna happen 'til tomorrow.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't watch......had to go watch my grand daughter play volleyball.

Players want to celebrate on the field. Whenever that is. Get the Champaign on ice.
« Last Edit: September 09/22/23, 08:01:45 AM by KEN W »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
WCCO had somebody from the Twins front office on early & they were sayin it was 1 of the few times that they were hoping Cleveland would win, so they would be able to clinch at home. Should be a big crowd.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too, and don't forget the free hats today!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm good with waiting one more day and letting the Twinks win it outright at home in front of the fans.

Where do I want Miranda to play?  I'd love to see Lewis, Correa, Polanco, and Kirilloff healthy all season, but that ain't goona happen.

Hopefully Miranda can get healthy so he could be of value at the major league level - either with the Twins as a platoon utility infielder OR as a trade asset.  Turns out he had a shoulder injury since spring that hampered him all season and they finally shut him down for good in August.  It was a lost season for him.  Hopefully he can return to 2022 form next spring.

Next year would I rather have a 2023 Julian or 2022 Miranda?   :confused:  I got nothing, but those are the kind of problems baseball managers like to have.  :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll take them both. Throw in Kirillov, Wallner, and Lewis and they have a young formidable lineup. Just need a good pitching staff. Will Gray be gone next year>>> He is a free agent.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think that will depend on Sonny, Thad Levine, Derek Falvey, and Jim Pohlad - as it always does.

I can see why Sonny might want to leave after last year and the first half of this year.  Last year Baldelli didn't trust him to pitch three times thru the lineup.  The first half of this year he didn't get any run support.

Maybe, if the Twins make a worthy playoff run - AND the front office is willing to pony-up to keep things rolling, Sonny Gray's departure won't be a foregone conclusion.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maeda will be 36 next season & FA too. :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Say what you will about what the Twins organization has done historically, but Falvey and Levine finally achieved one of the things they were brought in to do...  build a contending pitching staff.  This year the Twins are 4th in the AL and 6th overall in Team ERA.  (Interestingly, the Guardians are 0.01 points behind the Twins.)
The Twins were 19th overall in 2022 and 26th in 2021.   :thumbs:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm not sure how much of a pitching staff they built. Most of these guys were bought or traded for vs the farm system which we were told they would do.

Don't get me wrong, I like strong pitching no matter how they got it.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093