Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 184728 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I really wish Bill Bean never got involved in baseball. And I really wish pitchers were allowed to go over 100 pitches. Never understood this stupid made up stat.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Here we go…! Bottom of 9

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lopez was more than sharp, he was almost unhittable. :happybounce: He had 69 strikes out of 105 pitches but probably even better he was nearly 80%, 21/27, on 1st pitch strikes. Except for that middle/middle Cutter Stewart threw Alvarez it was a great day to be a Twins pitcher, as Duran only needed 7 pitches to get through the 9th too. :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/23, 07:55:54 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
My guess is the happiest guy was Correa.....Great day against his former team.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was down on Correa for his lack-luster hitting to close out the season, but he is showing up at the plate in this series.  Announcers said at one point that Correa was 2 for 2 with runners in scoring position.  The rest of the team was 1 for 25.    :sad:

But they showed life late in Game 1 and kept putting on pressure and adding runs last night.  I'm still liking their chances.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/23, 08:37:52 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins announce plans for Games 3 and 4 at Target Field

Game 3: Tuesday, 3:07 p.m. at Target Field

Johan Santana will throw out Game 3’s ceremonial first pitch to Joe Mauer.

Two F-16 Fighting Falcons from the Minnesota National Guard’s 148th Fighter Wing, based out of Duluth, will wow the Target Field crowd.*

Game 4: Wednesday, 1:07 p.m. at Target Field. The start time could be flexed to 6:07 p.m. if Texas sweeps Baltimore with a win Tuesday.

Gary Gaetti and Dan Gladden will reunite at Target Field for Game 4’s ceremonial first pitch. The pitch will be thrown by Gaetti.  Gladden will catch Gaetti’s pitch.

*A few years back the, F16s passed over my house on their way to Target Field while the National Anthem was being played.  I had the game on and didn't know there was going to be a fly over until I heard the roar of fighter jets overhead and looked out to see the planes.  It took me a couple of moments to connect the dots.  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is an awesome event when they do that.  Gives me goose bumps.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is an awesome event when they do that.  Gives me goose bumps.
That's cool stuff! To go ripping by at the right moment always steals the show for me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Twins announce plans for Games 3 and 4 at Target Field

Game 3: Tuesday, 3:07 p.m. at Target Field

Johan Santana will throw out Game 3’s ceremonial first pitch to Joe Mauer.

Two F-16 Fighting Falcons from the Minnesota National Guard’s 148th Fighter Wing, based out of Duluth, will wow the Target Field crowd.*

Game 4: Wednesday, 1:07 p.m. at Target Field. The start time could be flexed to 6:07 p.m. if Texas sweeps Baltimore with a win Tuesday.

Gary Gaetti and Dan Gladden will reunite at Target Field for Game 4’s ceremonial first pitch. The pitch will be thrown by Gaetti.  Gladden will catch Gaetti’s pitch.

*A few years back the, F16s passed over my house on their way to Target Field while the National Anthem was being played.  I had the game on and didn't know there was going to be a fly over until I heard the roar of fighter jets overhead and looked out to see the planes.  It took me a couple of moments to connect the dots.  :happy1:
i sure hope Mauer doesnt get bi-lateral leg weakness doing that!!!!!! :sleazy: :doah: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: & I was hoping you wouldn't be watching!!! :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Everybody thought the fans were great for the WCS. :happy1:  Look out today!!! The place might actually be moving. :cool: Go get 'em, Sonny!! :cheerleader:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: & I was hoping you wouldn't be watching!!! :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
its not raining or wind blowing a 100 so i may not!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord, 4 zip already!! Glenn must be tuned in.. :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: i tuned in it was already 4-0!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: i tuned in it was already 4-0!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'm hopin you have to work or something tomorrow.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sooooooo glad we went.  :thumbs:

The crowd was all in…until they scored 4 runs in the first 1/3 inning. I’ve never seen the wind taken out the sails so quick.

That said, the crowd was actually pretty good. I gave up after the first inning but others still hung on.  :pouty:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Altuve & Alvarez hit good pitches but Abreu & Tucker's pitches got way too much of the plate. :pouty: Javier on the other hand, made good pitches when he needed to. :rolleyes: Ryan goes today, back on FS1 @ 6:00.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there season ends today.....golf tomorrow!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

using my reverse phycology!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Might work?  :doofus: I know it was the same for both teams, but the Twins looked like they were really having trouble with the shadows in the 1st couple innings to me. :sad:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought they started at 1.  Someone told me that.  Thanks for the update.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Might work?  :doofus: I know it was the same for both teams, but the Twins looked like they were really having trouble with the shadows in the 1st couple innings to me. :sad:
really  :surrender: :bs:.......they played all season with that.... and houston didnt seem to have issues!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought they started at 1.  Someone told me that.  Thanks for the update.
It changed after Texas swept the Orioles. If the O's had won it would've been a 1:00 game.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
really  :surrender: :bs:.......they played all season with that.... and houston didnt seem to have issues!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Both Wainwright & Pierszynski said something about the shadows a couple of times early. Then again after about the 3rd inning Pierszynski said again that he thought that the Twins were having trouble seeing the ball. He did catch a lot of games at Target Field, probably not many in October though. Sometimes, how/ where the pitcher releases the ball can even make a difference. :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Altuve & Alvarez hit good pitches but Abreu & Tucker's pitches got way too much of the plate. :pouty: Javier on the other hand, made good pitches when he needed to. :rolleyes: Ryan goes today, back on FS1 @ 6:00.
Yeah, sometimes you have to tip your hat to the hitter.  But from the pitching side, its the difference between being good and great.  Verlander navigates 2 innings with runners on base and gets out scoreless and Sonny spots 'em 4 out of the chute.  Still, I don't blame Sonny for the loss, but he did put them in a hole.  Twins hitters have to hit with runners in scoring position.  That, to me, is the difference so far.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Both Wainwright & Pierszynski said something about the shadows a couple of times early. Then again after about the 3rd inning Pierszynski said again that he thought that the Twins were having trouble seeing the ball. He did catch a lot of games at Target Field, probably not many in October though. Sometimes, how/ where the pitcher releases the ball can even make a difference. :confused:
Yeah, I've been hearing the "shadows" comments a lot recently on broadcasts.  They like to say there are no excuses in sports, but there are reasons.  But if you can't see the ball, you can't see the ball.  Bottom line is...  for as improved as the Twins hitters have been since the All Star Break, I think the Astros have more good hitters than the Twins.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if there playing at 6 they won't have the sun/shade excuse!! :sleazy: :surrender: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't say what I'm thinkin about the Astros being able to jump all over Twins pitching in the first inning this series or recount all of Ryan's past struggles in the first frame.

I think their best shot to get thru the first inning is to make sure Glenn is mowing the lawn or something - anything else rather than watching.   :rotflmao: :bonk: ;)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...

Yeah, its a lot of cyber analytics, but if you had the feeling that the Twins were getting jobbed, you were probably right.   :angry:

Twins getting hosed by umps far more than any other playoff team

It's happened in every single [playoff] game the Twins have played.  So far and the Twins have been on the disadvantaged side of each of the top three games and four of the top six.  The overall disadvantage the Twins have faced accumulates to a 3.62 runs created for opposing teams. That's over four times more runs created for opposing teams than the next closest team in the postseason.

:pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
chart looks like it be similar to the vikings and chiefs!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: