Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: made in usa camp stove  (Read 1938 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We need a new campstove to put on the table we have beside the camper.  Our old one is worn out and missing parts.  Having a heck of a time finding one not made in China.  Any help would be appreciated.  I like those Blackstones but think they are Chinese too.  Need a two burner one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez LP, never thought about camp stoves/china,that sucks,might have to resort to a can of sterno and a made in U.S.A. fry pan.j/k.

On a serious note "coleman" is stateside (kansas)

off coleman website;

Some of the Coleman liquid-fuel burning appliances (stoves & lanterns) are made in Wichita, KS and all of the Esky Branded coolers are made in either Wichita, KS or New Braunfels, TX. Some of the furniture and some of the Stearns PFDs are made in the USA due to requirements by government accounts.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 07:59:43 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they are all made in China.  Even Coleman other than their Coleman fuel ones.  I want propane.  May have to get the Coleman Triton so has the ignitor on it. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So even tho company claims made in Kansas....china? kinda like jap cars,"oh my toyota is made in atlanta ...not true,just assembled,coleman the same? distributed from wichita KA. that sucks.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe this one?? 

Are any camp stoves made in the USA?
Coleman Classic 2 Burner Stove

www.coleman.com – Most Coleman products are now made overseas but this classic Dual Fuel Stove is made in the USA.
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Parts made on china, assembled in ks.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read how companies now try like heck to avoid the where is it made question.  They are getting good at evading the question like you said.  Parts from here but made here????  I'm now leaning towards a Camp Chef Everest camp stove.  A little spendy but supposed to be made better.  We shall see.  Still shopping too.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep even "weber grills....china .

What about a tailgate pellet grill LP? my pit boss full size is made in Louisiana by Louisiana grills.so they say but they have the smaller version grills,about the size of a suit case,that folds up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is made in China too but supposed to be better quality than most. 

The red button is the ignition thing. Can put two 12" pans on it too.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 10:46:40 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep even "weber grills....china .

What about a tailgate pellet grill LP? my pit boss full size is made in Louisiana by Louisiana grills.so they say but they have the smaller version grills,about the size of a suit case,that folds up.

Thought about that Snow.  But this is on our table outside the camper for using a frying pan or making coffee when we aren't using the fire to cook on. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost gave up LP, then came across this.

Top American Made Grill Brands
Alfresco Grills
TEC Infrared Grills
Fire Magic Grills
EVO
Primo Ceramic Grills
Hestan Grills

For more information about the benefits of buying products made in the USA, call one of our experts at 1-877-630-1785 today
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 10:56:14 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will see if the make 2 burner camp stoves.  Thanks

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So LP,

Almost forgot about this thread,did you land on a grill? curious.... I'm dumping my pit boss grill,very little use,never used the sear on it,my grilling is over charcoal these days even tho more hassel I like the harmonous outcome.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/22, 10:55:17 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never did find one made in USA.  I am going to get the Everest one.  Spendy but should last forever. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Never did find one made in USA.  I am going to get the Everest one.  Spendy but should last forever.
:scratch: :doah: i'm assuming with wife approval!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  that is why I am going to get it and don't have it yet.  She said let's wait until we are going to use it.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  that is why I am going to get it and don't have it yet.  She said let's wait until we are going to use it.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You might need to put a bug in her ear, tell her you should really get it now, so you get it in time.

Never know they could sell out too!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That should work if I present it properly.   :sleazy:  Timing is everything.  It's all about timing!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That should work if I present it properly.   :sleazy:  Timing is everything.  It's all about timing!
:rotflmao: if it doesn't work, by all means blame me!!! :rotflmao: wouldn't be the first time I get blamed for something!! :confused: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is made in China too but supposed to be better quality than most. 

The red button is the ignition thing. Can put two 12" pans on it too.

Bump This one.  Great reviews everywhere I looked.  The best Coleman I think was a Triton but had terrible reviews about cheap tin etc.  Well they all are this one looks pretty stout.  I wish it wasn't red though.  The only color. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Glenn.  I told the wife that it kind of bothers you that we haven't bought that camp stove yet and she laughed.  Then she said well go ahead and order it if it's the one you want.  LOLOL  You are the man Glenn!  She has a good sense of humor too!  I love her!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea ya have test drive it!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Glenn.  I told the wife that it kind of bothers you that we haven't bought that camp stove yet and she laughed.  Then she said well go ahead and order it if it's the one you want.  LOLOL  You are the man Glenn!  She has a good sense of humor too!  I love her!
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd:

glad i could help!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, with all the supply chain shortages. Best get it while you can.
Hey look your bobber is up!