Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Old age sore~  (Read 3913 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
joints.

Dutch gave me hopefully good advice using Turmeric (still waiting for my mail order) in the meantime I decided to try copper fit product for my ailing knee,comes with a gel pack for hot/cold use,this morning right out of the box I didn't heat up the gel pack as this uni wrap barely wraps around my knee area w/o the extra bulge from gel pack( big upper legs/thighs) after about an hour knee feels great.

Anyone else have a secret joint pain relief idea that works? this getting old sucks,not keen on pain pills and icey hot doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 11:06:33 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have one of those black velcro wraps.  Heavy duty one.  When my knee hurts my DR. said to use it everyday for a week.  Even when sleeping.  Only take it off for showers.  It works great and feels better even when I wear it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm not NEARLY that old yet!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, If you haven’t been to a doctor, I’d start there. They can take an x-ray and see exactly what is going on, arthritis, meniscus, bone spur?  Maybe you can get a cortisone shot? I take Turmeric also twice a day. I buy it a Costco. When I first started having knee pain it was a torn meniscus. I went in and they cleaned that up. It bought me about ten years before I had to have total knee replacement. Good luck, knee problems are no fun.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx coop,this is the stuff dutchboy told me about only in gummie form,waiting for my mail order to drop,1000mg's,yikes,any side effects?

I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about a doctor app't,but one day I'll need to bite the bullet.

I was just shaking the tree to see if I could find something newer.Thankfully my shoulders are still good.I'm dreading the day I'll retire my 10ga I use for  high flying geese,nothing makes me smile more(almost)than a 75yd crumpled goose come crashing down,stone cold dead with a thud.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 11:44:40 AM by snow1 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I usually t
Roll  my pain relief joints but after years of doing thia it was more cost effect to pack a 1ie!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I too take the Kirkland Tumeric, and Instaflex...it works for my hip and knee.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I just get a new hip!
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I love my insurrence.. this my surgery bill
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let me try one more time.  How is the hip doing Jeff?  Less pain and is your movement good?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I think he is toying with ya.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: I think he is toying with ya.

I'm not sure Boar even knows how much pain he has....  :smoking:  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Evidently

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I love my insurrence.. this my surgery bill

Dang, what did they think you got a New truck?  :scratch:   :bonk:  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

What no one taking Relief Factor?  It's on the radio all day!  :scratch: 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Lol sorry barry! No pain!! At all, everything is beeter! Movement i real good with it improving every day. I feel awesome! Awesome enogj to win tje ice fishing contest!!
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you.  You do know that your wife can't reel those fish in for you don't you.  SO if you were laying in bed whilst she did the work that doesn't count.    :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmmm "instaflex" eh? thanx H.D.So far this copper fit knee wrap is working out great,buddy in north dakota is sending his homaid raw honey/CBD oil  he makes for his ailing dad with terrible arthritis,from the sounds of all the snow in his town,guessing mail will be delayed a couple days?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Snow, I just looked at my gummies, they are 500mg the new bottle I got from GNC is 1000 mg.  With the extra 500mg of horsepower maybe my hair grows back or I can remember what I had for lunch yesterday.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL....Dutchy easy your ears may wiggle too,I ordered the capsuls,not sure what the mg's are until I get home as fed-ex sent a note "deliverd today",firm believer in "more is better" Reading into this product they claim "gummies" are best,so iffin I get positive relief from these caps,I'm goin in on the gummies next time.

Thanx for the input.

I remember last time I bought cigars in town they had a sign up selling CBD oils/gummies,caps etc....I need to restock my cigar's tonight so I called the shop as I'm getting good feed back about using CBD for pain as well as sleep (don't need help sleeping tho),they sell CBD caps 30mg's for beginers/first time user's all the way to 5kmg's for old farts like me,I might try the inbetweens tonight,we shall see.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 10:45:02 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like boar won't be the only stoney now on MNO!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
This thread reminds me of..........

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Classic Leech!

LOL glenn,maybe so....one day you might be in this boat,couple more years bud,it starts getting outof bed for most as we age,bones creaking and cracking takes about 15 minutes to get upright...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went through  2 or 3 bottles of the 750 CBD pills to see if it helped my back or knee pain.  Didn't do a thing.  Still have most of a bottle sitting around here somewhere.  Nothing like the shots the DR gives me.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx LP for the input,yesterday mail drop this "Turmeric"  stuff Dutchboy recommended...625mg's per cap,popped one last night and another this morning,magical, no knee pain or lower back  tightness.Yesterday whilst picking up my cigar's I eyeballed the CBD caps,lotion,gummies,decided to wait,glad I did,as this turmeric is doing the job so far,directions say's two caps daily,"1300mg's"yikes! I decided to go-it slow from the start.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting that the turmeric works.  I had never heard of that.  I see the bottle says with black pepper too.  ??

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
black pepper is good on most any thing!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have read that it is the spice that you can use all you want of because there are no bad effects from it.  It is even a bit of a laxative.   :sleazy: