Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Old age sore~  (Read 3957 times)

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

No bodies tried Acupuncture yet?   :undecided:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I learned the value of pepper when I was in the service...  had to do something to eat some of that food!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting that the turmeric works.  I had never heard of that.  I see the bottle says with black pepper too.  ??

Yes,black pepper filler in the organic caps to dilate blood vessels,info for this  turmeric claims also good for blood circulation,guessing from the black pepper.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So mikey,in "boarense" what is 1ie?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Very interesting that the turmeric works.  I had never heard of that.  I see the bottle says with black pepper too.  ??

Yes,black pepper filler in the organic caps to dilate blood vessels,info for this  turmeric claims also good for blood circulation,guessing from the black pepper.

This high hp bottle I just got from GNC has black pepper, gummies didn't I don't think. Sales guy said the pepper was a good thing. Who am I to argue?   :confused:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
beats me on that one

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought that I heard cayenne pepper, not black pepper was good for thinning blood?
My buddies dad put it on everything he ate up at hunting camp.  :scratch:

"What is the most effective natural blood thinner?"
Some foods and other substances that may act as natural blood thinners and help reduce the risk of clots include the following list:
Turmeric.
Ginger.
Cayenne peppers.
Vitamin E.
Garlic.
Cassia cinnamon.
Ginkgo biloba.
Grape seed extract.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 11:45:14 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought that I heard cayenne pepper, not black pepper was good for thinning blood?
My buddies dad put it on everything he ate up at hunting camp.  :scratch:

"What is the most effective natural blood thinner?"
Some foods and other substances that may act as natural blood thinners and help reduce the risk of clots include the following list:
Turmeric.
Ginger.
Cayenne peppers.
Vitamin E.
Garlic.
Cassia cinnamon.
Ginkgo biloba.
Grape seed extract.

Agreed Leech,my dad was a health nut,always lectured us,red cayenne pepper in our foods,no salt/sugar,excersise,vitiamn E in the old days then fish oil caps,so much garlic had to stand upwind of him on windy day,he reeked of garlic,bless his soul.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

No bodies tried Acupuncture yet?   :undecided:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
i know several people that used it to quit smoking..and successfully !!!!!!!!

so this Turmeric stuff yuo guys speak of?????? my wife has both her knees and hips replaced......ya think it still might help her a bit?????

in 2 weeks i have my yearly physical..i'll be asking about it before i indulge!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I think snow is experiencing the placebo effect. It usually takes weeks to notice improvement, and that is if taking the right amount, and consistently.
Curcumin is the ingredient in turmeric that has the health benefit. When selecting the product you should make sure it is 95% curcumin.
The black pepper helps with the absorption of the curcumin, very beneficial.
Turmeric (curcumin) is also good for your liver. For those of you that are booze hounds.
As for the CBD oil. I’ve tried it for pain, inflammation, sleep, no good, waste of money.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I still like to tip a few sometimes so will remember the liver thing.  LOL  I agree with you about the CBD.  I was really optimistic when I got it and I reviewed all of the brands and got what seemed to be a good one.  Took it religiously.  Did nothing for the pain that I was hoping for.  I took it for about 3 months.  BUT it may help someone else. ???  I paid $85 a bottle for them I think too for the 750 ml ones.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 03:59:46 PM by LPS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually coop,me thinks the combination of 1000ie's of cod liver oil the last couple weeks,and this copper fit knee wrap plus this turmeric,feeling great.

Today left the knee wrap at home,took two (1300mg's) of turmeric,zero pain for once.

Also last night an old friend from north dakota gave me a tip as we talked about old age ailments,his younger days he was a bull rider,crazy some beech has broke so many bones in his old tired body over the years.he walks around humped over most days,looks like a "dog trying to pass a peach seed".

he claims he uses a "Liniment" that he uses on his horses called "Absorbine"... to get thru the day,no drugs.

I went to our saddle shop in town after checking if it was okay for human's,(cowboyz are a different breed),bought a bottle and rubbed it in my sore knee area just incase my knee decided to act up,felt it working immediately,just a slight warmest,not hot or burn,so far so good,no body discomfort at all this morning.

Glad you guyz chimed in on CBD,think I'll pass for now,anything to avoid seeing the doc.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That knee brace is probably the best remedy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We use this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Absorbine-Jr-Pain-Relieving-Liquid-with-Menthol-for-Sore-Muscles-Joint-Aches-and-Arthritis-Pain-Relief-4oz/46857865?w sometimes. Not the same as what you have, snow, but the active ingredients must be similar. :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/22, 08:38:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: We use this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Absorbine-Jr-Pain-Relieving-Liquid-with-Menthol-for-Sore-Muscles-Joint-Aches-and-Arthritis-Pain-Relief-4oz/46857865?w sometimes. Not the same as what you have, snow, but the active ingredients must be similar. :scratch:

Hmmm,interesting gunner,this horse liniment must have more horse power ....no menthol smell but spearment,not greasy either,bet this walmart jr stuff works just as well,thanx for chiming in.It's less money at our saddle shop,$12.99/12oz bottle but it doesn't have the roller ball applicator,dang stuff first use squirted out like a goose sheten in my hand.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/22, 01:18:11 PM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure glad i'm not that old yet!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,keep talkin "smack" about your wife you might not make it much longer to worry about ailments.j/k...kinda

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,keep talkin "smack" about your wife you might not make it much longer to worry about ailments.j/k...kinda
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she dont read this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd: :smoking: :rolleyes:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Talkin tuff then eh? :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
sure glad i'm not that old yet!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :bonk: Oh.........................but you get old real fast somedays!! :sleazy: :nerd: :mooning: :evil:                   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Hmmm,interesting gunner,this horse liniment must have more horse power ....no menthol smell but spearment,not greast either,bet this walmart jr stuff works just as well,thanx for chiming in.
No problem snow, not sure it'll do what you want but I'm not sure it won't either. Bet your version is stronger but I thought you might want to give this a shot. :confused:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/22, 11:26:35 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she dont read this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd: :smoking: :rolleyes:

She might if we print it and mail it to her.    :rotflmao:   :rotflmao:  :doah:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if ya need her first name I can help ya out!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm surprised ole Boar hasn't jumped in on this....hog pile on glenn friday  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: :taz:

some real friends.....i tell ya!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Im yur freind glenn!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL Boar...don't cave so easy,ole glenn gives you plenty of smack.But the old boy could use a hug now and then.