Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Turkey 2022  (Read 5586 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of them at least will end up injured trying to get that turkey.  LOL

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I scored a bird this morning at 6:10  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome!!!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You guys see any of these guys around where your hunting? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-almost-clawed-my-face-victims-describe-turkey-attacks-on-dcs-anacostia-riverwalk/ar-AAWE4MP#:~:text=D.C

Not hunting them but was seeing 3 turkeys close to Bugtussle starting last fall. They kinda liked hanging around the one farmstead & walking/bike trail on the lake road. Didn't see the turkeys for a while and saw recently there were only two of them. Talking to someone in the grocery store the other day and sounds like the remaining two have taken up chasing people on the trail! :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice bird HD!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cool beans there HD.  You must have been setup near the roosting site.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Cool beans there HD.  You must have been setup near the roosting site.
I set up yesterday, and only heard him gobbling a mile away. I got him to close the gap to a half mile before roosting. So I changed my set-up today to get as close as I could (with the permission I have) to where he roosted. He was still gobbling a ways away at daybreak... but I convinced him to come a running!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good job there. I have never setup close to where I knew a tom was roosted. I may have to go looking for one someday. You must have good hearing. There's no way I could hear a gobble a mile away. 100 yards sure.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My wife and I both filled our ND tags last Wednesday and son #2 got his Saturday morning.  Son #1 struck out and the season is over here now, but we will try again over Memorial weekend at our place in MN.  I'd like to get a few more so we can make a big batch of turkey sausage.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Turkey sausage?? :doah: dandy that sounds interestingly good!!👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!