Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What are you drinking?  (Read 8025 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Since we got a new liquor store in Isanti, the selection has been improved for the area. The isle's are huge and the variety is astounding.

Anyways, I'm a Scotch, Rye drinker.... and this is my latest pick.

What are you drinking?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
100 proof water!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I just tried this one.  They opened a new distillery in Minneapolis and thought I'd try it.  I hope some day they come up with a recipe of straight Irish Whiskey, but for now they blend the Irish stuff with American Whiskey.  I reckon it takes a few years to get a new recipe dialed in.

It is drinkable, but not so good that I'll go out and get another bottle.  I'll wait til they come out with a straight Irish bottle before I try it again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Honestly, I can't drink hard booze straight up, on the rocks!!! Used to do a little blackberry brandy, or peppermint or root beer schnapps but man it gave me heartburn!! :confused:

Boar got me to try fireball and it's good but I know better!!! :sleazy: :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/22, 04:45:46 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Honestly, I can't drink hard booze straight up, on the rocks!!! Used to do a little blackberry brandy, or peppermint or root beer schnapps but man it gave me heartburn!! :confused:

Boar got me to try fireball and it's good but I know better!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oooooh dont blame me!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Love a good bourbon but Irish is slowly taking over. If I ever see Blanton’s, I’m drinking it!

But, my “everyday” is Jameson Black barrel or Red breast.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oooooh dont blame me!!
:rotflmao: yep you on red lake!!! When we had day gtg when G, HD and fawk where there!!! :rotflmao:

Remember when we got done kicking there  :moon: we toasted!!! :nerd: :tequila;

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And that was just the first day!!! :happy1: :fish2: :fish2:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much a beer drinker here. Good ole Mich Golden Light and Shiner Bock for a treat.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mainly a brandy guy.  I prefer Paul Masson Grand Amber.  I have been enjoying Sky Vodka lately too. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
enjoy a cold beer first, then Mr. Boston 5 star brandy and water if not beer..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh yea! I remeber, i remeber thats the only way yu win is riding my shirt tales!! But it was fun nun theless!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Love a good bourbon but Irish is slowly taking over. If I ever see Blanton’s, I’m drinking it!

That's the second recommendation I had for Redbreast in a week.  I think I'll go look for some.   :tequila;

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yea! I remeber, i remeber thats the only way yu win is riding my shirt tales!! But it was fun nun theless!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea you just keep telling yourself that!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I just tried this one.  They opened a new distillery in Minneapolis and thought I'd try it.  I hope some day they come up with a recipe of straight Irish Whiskey, but for now they blend the Irish stuff with American Whiskey.  I reckon it takes a few years to get a new recipe dialed in.

It is drinkable, but not so good that I'll go out and get another bottle.  I'll wait til they come out with a straight Irish bottle before I try it again.

Steve-o,"jameson whisky?"  been a long time here since consuming straight,but was darn good with a coke back.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to argue with taste. But...in my opinion drinking a good bourbon, rye, or Irish whiskey with anything but ice and a splash of water is blasphemy.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to argue with taste. But...in my opinion drinking a good bourbon, rye, or Irish whiskey with anything but ice and a splash of water is blasphemy.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it blasphemy.  There are all sorts of new craft cocktail recipes that compliment quality whiskey.

And what did Jim Beam say when asked what is the proper way to drink your bourbon?  His reply, "Drink it any damn way you please."

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

That's the second recommendation I had for Redbreast in a week.  I think I'll go look for some.   :tequila;

Youre gonna love it!
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
My son brought this home to try...kinda reminds me of the same nodes as the barnyard whistle pig.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I bought some of this to try tonight....it was on the middle shelf with the Johnny Walker, but cheaper... It has the same oak flavor, and very comparable to the Walker. So, if you like Johnny Walker... you'll like this!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Use to run with a guy years ago who drank Johnny Walker Black. If I drank enough good stuff before hand at the end of the night I could drink one. Vast amount of Windsor was required first. That Johnny tasted like kerosene.    ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I would agree, Johnny does have a bite to it... mostly (to me) the overwhelming burnt oak flavor.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were younger my buddies and I got into the scotch thing for awhile.  But I actually wasn't that crazy about it.  It always reminded me of whiskey with soap in it.  LOL 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
If you are looking for a good Scotch Whiskey, on the cheaper side..... this is pretty good 👍 (but, you need a Costco membership)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey HD I don't think ya need a membership for the booze side...  that I think is open to the public...   just what I heard...  and sounds good too!!!    :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You might be right Mikey. We have a membership, but never asked if we needed it to shop the liquor side.... they still ask when you shop, but that maybe just for the "rewards" part of the membership?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just found this HD;

What states can you buy alcohol at Costco without a membership?
You don't have to be a member to buy alcohol

No problem, in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Texas and Vermont. If you're a resident, you're welcome to purchase wine, beer and spirits from Costco without a club card.

so I think the rewards is it...   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Anyways........ it's good stuff!

Offline Weasel

• Outdoorsman
Currently drinking Heavens door Tennessee Bourbon. I don't know why but I don't seem to like much that comes out of Tennessee. JD is fine but doesn't hit the palette the same as good old Kentucky Bourbon. Just killed my vintage bottle of early times gifted to me from The General
I'm a goose kill'in machine!