Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: question for you fellers  (Read 2448 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so the other day i got a message threw messenger on fartbook from a old friend we had t the campground. she asked if i had heard from the DHHS, which is the dept of health and human services, asking if i heard from them. she went on to say that somehow told her she was a beneficary  to a good sum of money eligible to old, disabled and something else citizens, and said she seen my name on the list. she referenced it as a grant.

long story short, being the ultimate skeptic when it comes to thinking there's such a thing as free money, i questioned her about how she heard about  it( which see never answered) she said it doesnt  need to get paid back. she also said the money was in her bank account and the bank verified it was real but had to do some paperwork.

i had 3 things that i asked/told her, first i'm thinking a government agency with my money, i shouldnt need to go to facebook to get it, they should directly contact me, igoogled it and there supposedly is some facebook scam and wanted to know how she found out about it.

well she musta got pissed at me accusing her of trying to give me info to get into trouble. she proceeded to  dump me from facebook but from messenger.

SO........has anone heard of this supposed being a "benificiary to grant money" thing.

well i fixed it all..........i had my wife DELETE facebook and messenger!!!!!!!! :happy1: :mooning: :mooning:   
« Last Edit: August 08/08/22, 01:18:38 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!!   sure glad I'm not not on any of that crap!!!   :tut:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Caveat emptor...

Government grant scams making rounds on Facebook messenger

BBB Scam Alert: Watch out for Facebook “friends” pushing phony COVID grants

And Watch Out for Guys who Post Links about Facebook Scams  :bonk:
thing is this friend isnt or wasnt just a facebook friend..........we di alot of fishing and partying with them for alot of years.

once they moved up the hill in the geriatric section and we left they decided we werent that close of friends anymore............i'm pretty much done with them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!!   sure glad I'm not not on any of that crap!!!   :tut:
well............i aint either no more!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: i gotta admit though i will miss the humor some of them posted.  i see alot of memes on these sites that came from there.

and HD needs to stay.......... :evil: :rolleyes: fishing girlsare a staple nowadays!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/22, 01:27:36 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Messenger? So that's where those naughty clips you send "pure as the driven snow" mikey and me all the time were coming from!  :embarrassed:

Never been on Fakebook although I did lurk for a while on their marketplace pages. They quit allowing that but no great loss. I can find whatever I want to look at on other outlets, all very wholesome mind you... :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Caveat emptor...

Government grant scams making rounds on Facebook messenger

BBB Scam Alert: Watch out for Facebook “friends” pushing phony COVID grants

And Watch Out for Guys who Post Links about Facebook Scams  :bonk:
thing is this friend isnt or wasnt just a facebook friend..........we di alot of fishing and partying with them for alot of years.

once they moved up the hill in the geriatric section and we left they decided we werent that close of friends anymore............i'm pretty much done with them.

I wonder if some of these scam's don't run thru hacked accounts to make them look like they are coming from one of your old buddies.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Messenger? So that's where those naughty clips you send "pure as the driven snow" mikey and me all the time were coming from!  :embarrassed:

Never been on Fakebook although I did lurk for a while on their marketplace pages. They quit allowing that but no great loss. I can find whatever I want to look at on other outlets, all very wholesome mind you... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :pouty: if you and your friend Mike are as pure as the driven snow  :crazy: I'm going to be the next pope!!!👍 :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly Steve O. Several times I've received an email from someone on my contacts list asking me to purchase a gift card for them for some strange reason. Called them up and asked them about it. They either already knew they'd been hacked or called me back later telling me that they were.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn I'm betting that the real friend doesn't even know their name appeared telling you that.  They were hacked and someone just used that name to get to you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: so these hackers can use the profile pictures of my friend also?? Because it was there???

It doesn't matter, I've been wanting to dump it anyway, and I don't consider them really close friends anymore anyway.

Not to mention her reply and actions are her to a tee!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No book of faces here, my only thought on joining would be to get all the updates on the lake association,  the rest can pick up a phone and call.. think your spot on Steve-o..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: so these hackers can use the profile pictures of my friend also?? Because it was there???

It doesn't matter, I've been wanting to dump it anyway, and I don't consider them really close friends anymore anyway.

Not to mention her reply and actions are her to a tee!!

Well of course.  That is why they hack someone is to use their name to get to others I guess.  Your friend doesn't even know she is involved. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats some crazy sh!t there!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doofus: :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is, just like fake callers on your phone.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn if you get a link from anybody in a private message you aren't expecting, never open it. In fact I don't open any links at all. Some of the Facebook ads want you to open a message from them just to get a price or location on something they are selling. If they can't post price, location & contact info in the ad just walk away.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn if you get a link from anybody in a private message you aren't expecting, never open it. In fact I don't open any links at all. Some of the Facebook ads want you to open a message from them just to get a price or location on something they are selling. If they can't post price, location & contact info in the ad just walk away.
:happy1: i usally dont and especially in emails........ they get dumped and trash emptied almost right away.

and i took care of  that facebook.......deleted it......never to return. like i said i might miss some of the humor though!!!!!!1

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You did the right thing there glenn57.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
so the other day i got a message threw messenger on fartbook from a old friend we had t the campground. she asked if i had heard from the DHHS, which is the dept of health and human services, asking if i heard from them. she went on to say that somehow told her she was a beneficary  to a good sum of money eligible to old, disabled and something else citizens, and said she seen my name on the list. she referenced it as a grant.

long story short, being the ultimate skeptic when it comes to thinking there's such a thing as free money, i questioned her about how she heard about  it( which see never answered) she said it doesnt  need to get paid back. she also said the money was in her bank account and the bank verified it was real but had to do some paperwork.

i had 3 things that i asked/told her, first i'm thinking a government agency with my money, i shouldnt need to go to facebook to get it, they should directly contact me, igoogled it and there supposedly is some facebook scam and wanted to know how she found out about it.

well she musta got pissed at me accusing her of trying to give me info to get into trouble. she proceeded to  dump me from facebook but from messenger.

SO........has anone heard of this supposed being a "benificiary to grant money" thing.

well i fixed it all..........i had my wife DELETE facebook and messenger!!!!!!!! :happy1: :mooning: :mooning:
Plain and simple SCAM!  They are hitting retired folks like flies to a pile of shat!   :bs:
Never ever believe someones got some cash for you, or you owe someone you don't know something or that you will be arrested if you don't call now!  Never ever give anyone your personal info!   :bonk: :bonk:  :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
My MIL's Facebook page has been trying to friend more people lately. She passed away almost two years ago. The wife is trying to shut it off but is having trouble doing it. Reason #12 why I don't have spacebook. Be careful my friends.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i'm way skeptic about someone having free money for me.......the reason i dumped facebook was that alone.

thing is i know these people quite well. they never have any money.............cant afford to do this or that but they can manage to go to florida, where there kid lives, and mexico often enough......not to mention to bars and the fee at the campground isnt cheap.so i can see them going all in on free money!!!