Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lake Mead  (Read 2718 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've been following the story regarding Lake Mead out near Vegas on MSN!!! with the water being super low there finding all kinds of stuff, including 2 bodies, 1 stuffed inside a barrel. the intruging part is possible stories and what they might find back to the old mobster days out there. the article did say the mobsters didnt want or do there disposing around vegas because of the attention it bring to the area!

maybe its just me but i get a kick out of following old mob stories!!!!! there is supposedly some mob history about 10 miles up the road from where the cabin is at!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Heard stories more than once of Big AL & his girlfriend visiting a resort on our lake a few times too. There was 1 on the end of the road that you turn off from now to get to our PA. In fact, the neighbor to the north when they bought the place was supposedly a retired FBI agent. :huh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My ex's father used to tell me how John Dillinger and his people used to rent row boats from his Mom and Dad who farmed on the north shore of Lake Carnelian near Stillwater.  They did it quite often.  They brought food and pails of beer with them.  There were a lot of mobsters that had homes in Mahtomedi way back and they also did not do dirty deeds in the area so they didn't bring attention to there whereabouts. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Heard stories more than once of Big AL & his girlfriend visiting a resort on our lake a few times too. There was 1 on the end of the road that you turn off from now to get to our PA. In fact, the neighbor to the north when they bought the place was supposedly a retired FBI agent. :huh:
yea you are in a pretty shady neighborhood over there!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
With all the caves around the river in St. Paul the mob was pretty strong in St. Paul during prohibition from what i've read.

I hope i'm still alive when they find Hoffa. I think that will be a interesting story.

Glenn i'm sure there are some interesting mob stories from the Vegas start-up days.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yea you are in a pretty shady neighborhood over there!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:
:scratch: It's much better now...........................except when I have certain company. :whistling:                         :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota had mob bosses 'vacationing' here because of this...

When St. Paul — officially — served as a safe haven for criminals

Criminals had to agree to three conditions: that they checked-in with police upon their arrival; agreed to pay bribes to city officials; and committed no major crimes in the city of St. Paul.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great story. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good read Steve. I've read that the gangsters used to bootleg liquor from Canada up at the Kettle Falls Hotel also.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember seeing styff on TV about that and the caves too..  all very interesting...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok so this is about Lake Mead.  They have been irrigating an arid desert called California and now it is draining the Colorado river dry.  Hard to believe there are large pipes taking water from right by Laughlin Nevada to California.  I am completely against taking water from the Mississippi to any other watershed. It will never stop and they will want it all.   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Everybody and his brother will be running pipes out of Lake Superior in the next 50 years.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
read on MSN that divers and volunteers have pulled 25,000 lbs of junk out of lake mead already.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
A person should roll over to Mead this winter and have a look if they don't get rain this summer.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have at it dutchy, I don't really need to go there again. But a chopper/ helicopter ride thru the grand canyon would be nice!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like they found another body.......figures its from the 70's early 80's based on the shoes!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They need to get the desalination plants idea kicked into high gear.  They have a whole ocean of water to work with right there.  Leave our water alone.  We didn't try to irrigate a desert, they did.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They need to get the desalination plants idea kicked into high gear.  They have a whole ocean of water to work with right there.  Leave our water alone.  We didn't try to irrigate a desert, they did.

Although. I would be willing to share some water at the moment.  ;) River coming down at all yet LPS?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Ya it may have gone down a little.  Not a lot.  Takes a calm day to really tell. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
About the same with the lake.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Isn't that where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps.  SO some of his aftershave was a few parts per million or billion of the water they all drank.  PPM or PPB.  That is the standards we measured things by when I was a water treatment guy.  Not to mention all of the other pollutants they have been finding there.  Added to that good flavor to the water.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: i thought he was in a stadium in Detroit??!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought he wore concrete overshoes and was in a river 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought he was buried in the end in giants stadium.  :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps parts of him are at all of those places.