Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hail?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone get whacked? local car dealerships south st paul got hit hard,major hail damage,we dodged the bullet in northern metro thank goodness,seen pics of baseball sized hail from somewhere minnesota.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much stayed east of I 35 down this way.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
These mega storms gotta be tough on farm critters,I was in central nebraske one summer day as a monster wall cloud approached,small town sirens going off etc.not far from our location in north platte we watched a twistee touch down as we flanked it,soon after the storm passed we drove thru the raveged farm lands,barnes/homes shreaded,cattle were bloodied around the eyes from large hail stones,cars/trucks looked like a midget beat them with a ball bat,windows blowin out,bad deal.

some of these small towns I pass thru ppl have adapted to these ravaging storms,steel roof's on every house,not sure if that's the cure all as my pole barn steel roof with a lifetime warrenty got beatup pretty bad couple  years ago big time hail,dang warrenty from menards didn't cover replacement,tennis ball size hail did the roof in.
« Last Edit: May 05/11/22, 07:42:46 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't car dealers make out OK with hail storms?

A) They have insurance coverage.

B) They still get to sell the cars at a discounted rate.

Always wondered if the insurance plus the profit on the damaged cares was more than selling cars without damage.   :confused:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We had hail that started out as quarter size, then ended with pea sized. By the time it was said and done, the ground was white with ice.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't car dealers make out OK with hail storms?

A) They have insurance coverage.

B) They still get to sell the cars at a discounted rate.

Always wondered if the insurance plus the profit on the damaged cares was more than selling cars without damage.   :confused:

Good question steve-o,I doubt car dealers would disclose how they make out financally with ins claims,I remember years past dealers having "Hail sales" buy as is,bet these dealers collected ins claims and rolled the dice for profit.

few years back a white bear lake dealership had a new vehicle damage sale,seems the white bear lake had a massive fish fly bug hatch,1000's of these flies dropped on the new vehicles and died,acid from these dead bugs ate into the vehicle clear coat leaving pock marks "buy as is" was the slogan.

Same thing happens to our personel vehicles,summer travels we collect a mass of dead bugs on our vehicle grill and nose of the hood,over time the acid from these dead critters loosens the paint,creating spots down to the sheet metal,rust eventually starts iffin one keeps their vehicle long term.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oh boy....more hail.....  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I heard Princeton got pounded.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea we got like 5 warnings here, more depending on what time it is. Currently in a tornado watch with possible 75 mile winds and possible hail.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Those weather guys sure do like to forecast Armageddon.   And now with such a wide broadcast area and team coverage everywhere, they are bound to get real-time footage of the worst of the severe weather every time it happens.  They look like bloody savants.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thunder storms heading towards us.   :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same here talking one inch of rain, maybe more...  sure hope not...  dock could be under water!!!  hearing thunder now...  no watches here... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This severe weather, tornado weather does seem strange for this time of year does it not?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no I don't think so, mother nature does what she wants when she wants..  it is some what early maybe but I don't think so...

The earliest reported tornadoes in Minnesota were the three tornadoes that touched down on March 6, 2017 . The next earliest verified tornado in Minnesota occurred on March 18, 1968, north of Truman in Martin County. The latest reported tornadoes in Minnesota were on December 15, 2021.

just found this...
« Last Edit: May 05/11/22, 07:29:50 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thunder storms heading towards us.   :sleazy:

You predicting hail or Tornados?     ;)

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
This severe weather, tornado weather does seem strange for this time of year does it not?
Check out Fridley Tornadoes on MNopedia. First week of May, 1965. I had hitchhiked to downtown Minneapolis about 5:00 that evening. Hitchhiked back and had to walk a few miles to get home about 9:00. From up on a high hill I could normally see lights of the northwest suburbs, including highway 100 and Btookdale Shopping. Center.  That night it was pitch black with the only lights visible being from the gas lanterns that people used to have on posts in their front yards. Lots of destruction in Fridley, Spring  Lake Park, and Moundsview. .

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's raining cats and dogs here. Wind just started to pick up. List dish so now me and da FW gotta look at each other!!  :rolleyes: :shocked: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twinks are in a rain delay which will save them from L.