Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORTS LAKES OAHE /SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR MAY 6TH THRU MAY14TH 2022  (Read 962 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fishing on Sharpe is excellent with water temps in many areas in the 50's. Close to Pierre the water is colder with the discharge waters colder. Temps on Oahe are colder on the main lake but starting to warm in the back of river /creek arms making for the bite just starting to go. I guided the party's pictured here to full possession limits to take home over the last 10 days. On a few days weather/wind made things harder. Most of these trips however were limits by two or three in the afternoon. The bite for walleye and bass on Sharpe has been mostly around 10 fow with either minnow jigs or minnow bouncer rigs for me. Tried crawlers but maybe just a little early. This next week they should go. Oahe is still a tougher fish with fish that are being caught are right on the bank pitching jigs/plastic or minnow tipped. As I said in my last report this time of the year weather is a big factor in all trips. Big winds/ storms making some day's lots of work to produce the fish. This early fishing requires keeping an eye to the sky. Overall it looks like a great year again in our area with fish sizes and numbers very good. Lots of bait fish in both reservoir's so a healthy outlook for the summer. We have experienced lots of people and boats in recent history so expect some area's to have busy boat ramps and lots of boats in community spots but with Sharpe a 90 mile long reservoir and Oahe 235 miles long you are can find plenty of places to stay away from crowed spots if you like. Things to bring along : Coolers, Sun screen, bug repellent, rain gear and this time of year you might even bring some warm clothing. Dave Spaid helped me guide the last groups of guys and we had 40 walleye in the two boats by two O'clock two days in a row, I am mentioning this because we never fished around another boat. I am making the point that all of the fish aren't under the big boat groups that you see. If you are willing to do a little looking you might be surprised at how many fish are all over these lakes. I do realize that a lot of what causes community spot fishing is a time factor but finding walleye away from the crowds can be a very rewarding part of the fishing sport. For many of us that spend a lot of time on the water eating fish and catching them is fun but hunting and finding walleye is the best part of any trip. GF&P"S is righting tickets for not pulling boat plugs when you leave the water. It a way to stop transportation of invasive species . It can be costly to forget that. Thank you to all the customers picture above for your business and I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION