Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Youth hunting the focus of DNR booth at Game Fair  (Read 2401 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
News Releases
Youth hunting the focus of DNR booth at Game Fair
(Released August 2, 2010)

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will showcase youth hunting opportunities at its informational booth during the 29th annual Game Fair.

The outdoor show is Aug. 6-8 and Aug. 13-15 at the Armstrong Kennels Ranch, six miles northwest of Anoka. Show hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.

This fall the DNR is offering 15 special youth deer hunts. The DNR is also coordinating several special youth waterfowl and pheasant hunting events.

The DNR booth at Game Fair will be in a tent in Area B along the lakeshore, near the dog trials area.

Outdoor enthusiasts will be able to buy hunting and fishing licenses and pick up informational brochures at the DNR’s booth. DNR staff and conservation officers will be there to answer questions about a variety of topics, including:

Fall youth hunting opportunities.
Hunting rules and regulations.
2010 fall waterfowl season.
Hunter education courses.
Hunting and fishing licenses.
Becoming an Outdoors Woman program.
Game Fair has more than 300 exhibitors, plus hunting, shooting and dog exhibitions that are expected to draw more than 50,000 people during this year’s run.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thinking about going to the game fair this year. Probably a Friday. That way I can stop and she the girls at the union hall!!👍👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I got to hunt with my daughter in two youth State Park deer hunts.  We've hunted a bunch together since then, but those first two hunts, when it was just she and I, those were the best.

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I did a couple hunts with my son when he was 12. We saw a ton of deer and had a couple monsters on camera. We had a blast!
The best part was one morning there was a shot about hr or more before sunlight. We saw several CO’s driving thru I asked the park manager the next day what the deal was. Well apparently dear old dad told JR it’s ok to shoot under a brightly lite moon. He said he thought it was the sun coming up.
BUSTED! 
Of all places to do something STUPID like that at a park where all the park employees are on high alert for that stuff.

Man time flys that was 15 years ago now!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The best part was one morning there was a shot about hr or more before sunlight...
Something similar happened to me.

I hunted a piece of public land near a guy who thought it was his own private property.  At one point he tore down my permanent stand (back when it was allowed) and moved his permanent stand CLOSER to my spot.  I busted him the day he was doing it (a week or two before the opener).  I fixed mine up and suggested he ought not do that again.

Not that year, but the following, I was walking in well before sunrise and kicked up a deer as I was nearing my stand.  A minute or two later a shot rang out.  There was no way I wanted to walk over to him in the dark to confront him so I climbed up into my stand.  I could see his stand from mine - he built his that close to mine.

About 10:00 he shoots again and climbs out of his stand.  I figured if he was going to start futzing around with that deer, my hunting was screwed up for a while, so I decided to confront him.  I reminded him that he shot that one a little early.  Oh no, he said, I shot this one just now - someone else was shooting before sunrise.  I told him that you and I both know we are the only two guys up here and walked away glaring at him.

I did not turn him in because I didn't want my tires slashed or windshield shot out.  I was afraid he was the type that would do something like that.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
too many a--holes for sure...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, HD The DNR better check their dates as the Game Fair 2022
is August 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21
Located 5 miles west of Anoka, in the city of Ramsey - Between Anoka and Elk River on Highway 10 West and 169 North

I will be working the MDHA booth on Sunday August 21 so maybe I will be very lonely.  :scratch:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Just noticed the post is from 2010.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So is this website using Facebook type methods to increase perceived usage by randomly reposting old posts.  Humm.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So is this website using Facebook type methods to increase perceived usage by randomly reposting old posts.  Humm.
NO......... rather then start a new post that i didnt think would get a whole lot of activity i used the "search" to find a game fair thread and this was the last most recent that showed up.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh, slight operator error I see. LOL.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe a little. but post was about the game fair........so.......i went eith it.

with the rain i nixed the idea of going!!!!!! :pouty: i wanted to get a picture of me with Laura Schara!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao: