Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Small engine fuel~  (Read 2615 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ole LP got me goin about mowing my lawn,I'mn thinking I'll bite the bullet and fill a few containers as our gasoline prices rise daily...

My neighbor is a small engine repair wizz,retired polaris tech...He tells me to hit our small airport for AV fuel,105 octane,does not have a shelf life,been using non-oxy for years,no issues to date but he claims non oxy fuel will gum injectors and carb over time even using seasfoam/stabil when our small stuff sits idle,with that said my wheeler has been hard cold starting lately,I haven't ran it much since march.

Anyone have input with this AV fuel? curious.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I worked at the airport here for a couple of years when I first moved here.  Mainly cuz I am good at plowing snow.  BUT I got to fuel planes and help the mechanic.  Very interesting work.  People did come out and buy the Av gas.  Mainly stock car racers. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I worked at the airport here for a couple of years when I first moved here.  Mainly cuz I am good at plowing snow.  BUT I got to fuel planes and help the mechanic.  Very interesting work.  People did come out and buy the Av gas.  Mainly stock car racers.

Yeah I remember those good ole days,I came from a cash poor family but  had friends with hot cars,I was"shotgun" most nights,we raced in mpls way back on lakestreet,now a wildwest ghetto area after our race we hit the only white castle in the state on lake street for .10 sliders,I also remember AV burned the rings...I'm on the fence switching from non-oxy to AV fuel,my chain saw's,hedge trimmers  etc sit idle for months

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, av gas is higher octane to cool aircraft engines at altitude and helps stock cars run cooler too. I ran it in our race car. Does nothing to help carbs from gumming up IMO. I run premium unleaded in all of my small engines with NO issues. I’ll run regular unleaded in my mowers during the summer but switch back to premium for the last tank before they go to bed for the winter. Good luck. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, av gas is higher octane to cool aircraft engines at altitude and helps stock cars run cooler too. I ran it in our race car. Does nothing to help carbs from gumming up IMO. I run premium unleaded in all of my small engines with NO issues. I’ll run regular unleaded in my mowers during the summer but switch back to premium for the last tank before they go to bed for the winter. Good luck. :happy1: :happy1:
I do it the same way

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is what I do except I run the premium period in my small engines...  and some star tron in the last tank of the year..
« Last Edit: June 06/16/22, 02:19:51 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah I get that mark,105 oct,repair guy said nothing about helping carb or injector's from gummimng just the fuel burns cleaner and no shelf life,I was surprised he claims non-oxy will carmeize over time even tho it won't seperate  like 87% with 10% ethanol.

Mabe I'll stick to non-oxy as no issues so far over the years,my husky mower (mitsubishi engine) requires premium fuel,what do I know,I fix things with duct tape and bailing wire,if that don't work I buy new.

Thanx for the input guyz,appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 06/16/22, 01:50:34 PM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Meh snow, spend some of that moldy money on gas. :sleazy: :happy1: keep them refineries going and my pension check coming!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!